PDA

View Full Version : AQs with K and flush on board on turn, 8 players in hand.

12-17-2005, 01:17 PM
4/8 Live game. Should I have bet the turn? Table was fairly loose passive, except for CO who is a rock, UTG+2 is a fish who will raise with rags to "mix it up", and call the flop with a weak/no draw. SB and UTG are fairly tricky players, both have limped in with monsters PF and raised with hands like JTo in EP. SB is much looser who chased to catch a runner runner straight on me to beat my KK.

Preflop:[As Qs] is dealt to me on the button. Everyone calls except for MP2 who folds. I raise to $8, everyone calls. 9 players to the flop.

Flop comes [Qd Kd 3s] (18SB - 3SB for rake)
Everyone checks to me, I bet, everyone calls but CO who folds.

Turn comes [7d] [Qd Kd 3s] (11.5BB)
With so many players in the hand, a K and a flush draw on the board, I figured I had to be beat. Everyone again checks to me, fearing a check-raise I check behind.

River comes [5c] [7d Qd Kd 3s] (11.5BB)
It's checked to UTG+1 who bets out. It's folded to me, I call, and the rest of the table fold.

Final pot: (13.5BB)
Results in white below:<font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+1 has [7h 5h](two pairs - 7s and 5s.)
Hero has [As Qs] (a pair of Qs.)
UTG+1 wins 13.5BB.
</font>

Duffman
12-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Definitely bet the turn here. If you get raised call down.
River is fine.

GHL
12-17-2005, 03:44 PM
I don't see how getting raised on the turn is not a bet / fold situation? With 8 players in the hand...... how 7 players call a flop bet without at least one or more not having a K..... just because they're bad doesn't mean flops can't hit them.... and it doesn't mean you can push them off of K9 either.....

There is a str draw out there that isn't going away.... not to mention the diamond draw that isn't going away either.