PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report : Coffee Shop girl

12-17-2005, 11:52 AM
While many of you advised against it, I did in fact go for coffee with girl X. I also told my girlfriend in advance, but I took the cowards way of saying (in response to her question about what I was doing that night) "just meeting up for coffee with a friend".

So I got there at 7:45 (we were meeting at 8) because I got a ride from my sister, and she had to be somewhere at 8. I sat down and read the paper until she arrived. I was fairly nervous but tried to play it off.

When she got there we got coffee, and there was a few seconds of akward silence and then we just started talking. We sat there for three hours talking about Rand, Lennon, Objectivism (she's big into Ayn Rand, has an Ayn Rand catalogue), Chomsky, American foriegn politics, her ex boyfriend, my girlfriend (a little), sex, relationships, highschool, life, Ayn Rand and how she doesn't want to be anyone's whore.

After three hours she drove me home.

She also gave me a book (The Perks of Being a Wallflower) which I read until I finished as soon as I got home. It made me cry like a baby, and I don't think I've EVER cried from reading a book before.

eviljeff
12-17-2005, 11:55 AM
This post is best read curled up in a blanket by the fire sipping hot cocoa.

samjjones
12-17-2005, 11:57 AM
Is the OP 14 years old?

Popinjay
12-17-2005, 11:59 AM
PICS NOW!

12-17-2005, 12:03 PM
because I got a ride from my sister,

It made me cry like a baby,

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's stylin.

Rotating Rabbit
12-17-2005, 12:05 PM
prank posts seem to be in abundance these days

12-17-2005, 12:10 PM
I will update with a pic of her sometime today. She is pretty hot.

12-17-2005, 12:19 PM
I'm a girl and I think you're a pussy.

snowden719
12-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Dear Noam,

This is one of the most pathetic things I have ever read. You actually cried from reading the perks of being a wallflower? Really? It might be a good idea to reflect on where you are in life if something like that is making you cry.

Cheers,
Snowden

Yeti
12-17-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We sat there for three hours talking about Rand, Lennon, Objectivism (she's big into Ayn Rand, has an Ayn Rand catalogue), Chomsky, American foriegn politics

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, man, you are like, soooooooo smart!

waffle
12-17-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah!

12-17-2005, 12:46 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00092M0WU.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

SEAN LUKE!!!!!!!!

Jesus, you need to go do some manly stuff, before your balls fall off champ.

xorbie
12-17-2005, 12:46 PM
people who are into ayn rand suck to talk to.

12-17-2005, 12:51 PM
Yeah, you're right... the idea that individual people actually MATTER in the grand scheme of things is a real conversation killer.

DoomSlice
12-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Touching. At least you had the balls to post this.

12-17-2005, 01:04 PM
i wrote a parody trip report: reading noamchomsky's coffee shop girl trip report, but then i felt guilty about making a joke at the expense of someone so pathetic.

FeelGoodAboutHood
12-17-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lennon,

[/ QUOTE ]

I am the Walrus

V.I. Lenin!

Vladimir Ilych Ulyanov!

12-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Hey this thread is making me laugh more than the banging chicks from myspace thread.

But hey, if spending time with an interesting girl isn't "manly" then that's ok. You guys enjoy your football games and ass slapping that accompanies them! : )

12-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Ooh, looks like you were on the Sex freeway, but you decided to take the Just Friends exit. Never establish emotional intimacy before physical intimacy.

Edit: Now that I think about it, you were never on the Sex freeway.

12-17-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey this thread is making me laugh more than the banging chicks from myspace thread.

But hey, if spending time with an interesting girl isn't "manly" then that's ok. You guys enjoy your football games and ass slapping that accompanies them! : )

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont need to be a meathead ass slapper to be a man...you just need not do these things:

because I got a ride from my sister,

cry like a baby,

discuss politics over coffee with a girl, just because you are in college and Dawson does it too

Lazymeatball
12-17-2005, 01:27 PM
I think many of you are neglecting the fact that he is semi-cheating on his girlfriend to talk to this chick (not really cheating as he hasn't done anything, but his gf would be at least annoyed if she found out) That in itself is worth a few points.

So to the OP, do you want to bang this chick, or stick with your girlfriend, or both?

IggyWH
12-17-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So to the OP, do you want to bang this chick, or stick with your girlfriend, or both?

[/ QUOTE ]

What man wouldn't say both? Of course, we know the OP is no man.

astroglide
12-17-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

one less * for that lol

fuego527
12-17-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What man wouldn't say both? Of course, we know the OP is no man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you mean "want to bang her in a vacuum" then I think the set of guys who would say "both" is much smaller than you think.

HopeydaFish
12-17-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

We sat there for three hours talking about Rand, Lennon, Objectivism (she's big into Ayn Rand, has an Ayn Rand catalogue), Chomsky, American foriegn politics, her ex boyfriend, my girlfriend (a little), sex, relationships, highschool, life, Ayn Rand

She also gave me a book (The Perks of Being a Wallflower) which I read until I finished as soon as I got home. It made me cry like a baby, and I don't think I've EVER cried from reading a book before.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.delafont.com/comedians/Comedian_Images/dh-pierce.jpg

Did you wake up Maris with your sobbing?

12-17-2005, 03:47 PM
I just popped a woody

Yeti
12-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Hopey,

vn!

mason55
12-17-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking Ice Cream and Calvin and Hobbes

samjjones
12-17-2005, 04:16 PM
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/1007/dawson5tp.jpg

InchoateHand
12-17-2005, 04:19 PM
People who appreciate the political insights of Noam Chomsky and Ayn Rand have a lot in common.

They are either 14 years old, or [censored] stupid. Good for you, I hope your actual girlfriend really, really, really sucks at life too, so that you are involved with a semi-equal.

How come you didn't discuss the essential pathos that is Humpty-Dumpty? I mean, he took a GREAT FALL.

ALL the kings horses, ALL the kings men, but still, they couldn't put him together again. There was no omelettes, no lemonade, just never-ending sadness. What is done is done, there is no going back, and you are a man now.

Alobar
12-17-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was fairly nervous but tried to play it off

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, just friends.....ahahahahaahah *wipes a tear from his eye*, man thats a good one

12-17-2005, 07:17 PM
I dont know if you are reading this, but if you are, it cant be causing you nearly as much pain as what you wrote caused me.

12-17-2005, 07:37 PM
I don't lurk around in OOT very often, so, could someone please tell me, how long has this guy been gay?

Eurotrash
12-17-2005, 07:46 PM
OP, you sound like one of the biggest pseudo-intellectual hipster gayblade granola-eating PETA-supporters that walks this earth

i'm guessing you wore a lot of black, maybe a beret or cabby hat, and a pair of these fagtastic Steve Madden bowling shoes

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/2264/gayshoes8hw.jpg

12-17-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO. That's the funniest [censored] I've read all week.

Thanks Jeff!

OtisTheMarsupial
12-17-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
people who are into ayn rand suck to talk to.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, not when you're 15.

To the OP: stop cheating on your girlfriend.

NobodysFreak
12-17-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OP, you sound like one of the biggest pseudo-intellectual hipster gayblade granola-eating PETA-supporters that walks this earth

i'm guessing you wore a lot of black, maybe a beret or cabby hat, and a pair of these fagtastic Steve Madden bowling shoes

[/ QUOTE ]

This had me laughing out loud and my roommates giving me a strange look. VNH, sir.

diebitter
12-18-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored]! I like those shoes!

Am I gay /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ononimo
12-18-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, you're just European ... the two are often confused for one another.

12-18-2005, 03:38 AM
OP,

Dude, wow, just wow. And for whoever said bonus points because he is semi-quasi-not-at-all cheating on his gf, wow, just wow.

Disgustedly,

Perrier

diebitter
12-18-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, you're just European ... the two are often confused for one another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on, I left myself open for gay jokes, and you have to go lower, and call me 'European'. That's just mean.

I gotta go shower now, eeuucch!