PDA

View Full Version : Devastating possible cheat for online play

TwoNiner
12-17-2005, 05:50 AM
I gotta think if you somehow placed one of those hidden cameras in the right spot of a house of a very high stakes online poker pro it would be extremely lucrative. It seems like a huge pain in the ass and you'd probably have to get something more advanced camera wise, but you are basically working on what would almost certainly a 6 figure theft if you had the bankroll for it. This is the kind crap I think of drunk at 4 in the morning... But if anyone wants to start a pest control business in the LA area send me a PM /images/graemlins/wink.gif Seriously though the huge amount of money being played for online now, could realistically bring wacky crap like this into play. I'm not even sure the severity of the crime would be if you cheated someone in online poker..fraud? Now bribing a maid to hide a hidden camera in a house could probably get you some time.

henrikrh
12-17-2005, 06:06 AM
DEVASTATING!

In other news... no.

whiskeytown
12-17-2005, 07:44 AM
this post belongs in my "stoned thoughts of the day" thread. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

Freudian
12-17-2005, 10:24 AM
I have an even more cunning plan. You hack the computers of really good players and change the pictures of the cards. So when they sit down and get dealt for example a red bucket + a black car they have no idea what to do. I bet you could take their whole bankroll before they knew what hit them.

TwoNiner
12-17-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have an even more cunning plan. You hack the computers of really good players and change the pictures of the cards. So when they sit down and get dealt for example a red bucket + a black car they have no idea what to do. I bet you could take their whole bankroll before they knew what hit them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Less than half a day and my plan has already been bested. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

eviljeff
12-17-2005, 02:24 PM
none of this will matter once I hack the Gibson

Ryan11
12-17-2005, 02:46 PM
http://www.phonelosers.org/cwp/cwp_fisherstevens10.jpg

sciencebeagle
12-17-2005, 03:28 PM
You sir, for introducing a qoute from my favorite drunk-or- stoned-make-fun-of-movie-of-all-time-with-my- friends "Hackers" get my life long admiration.
"Razor: I'd get on the internet. Send out a major distress signal.
Blade: Hackers of the world unite!"

BradleyT
12-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Just change aces to 2's, kings to 3's, queens to 4's, etc. And only change the clubs and diamonds.

12-18-2005, 04:32 AM
hahaha pwned by phonelosers.org.

ghostface
12-18-2005, 10:08 AM
Then they check their PT database and see that they folded AA and KK preflop.

stigmata
12-19-2005, 08:11 AM
More seriously, what about people hacking key routers close to wherever the PP servers are. With enough time hackers should be able to crack the encryption protocol and listen into a certain percentage of hands, right? Or wrong?

stigmata
12-19-2005, 08:25 AM
Another serious route of attack against one of the ultra-high NL players could be a tempest-style surveillance type attack, using RF signals given out by the monitor to "read" the screen while parked in a van across the road. The amount of money at stake in some of these games surely makes this a legitimate threat, right? Or wrong?

zer0 cool
12-19-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm....

Just who do you think you are?

Sponger15SB
12-20-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm....

Just who do you think you are?

[/ QUOTE ]

fantastic.

jba
12-20-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
More seriously, what about people hacking key routers close to wherever the PP servers are. With enough time hackers should be able to crack the encryption protocol and listen into a certain percentage of hands, right? Or wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

if the poker sites are using non-moronic encryption this is just not feasible. no one is using anything weaker than 128 bit encryption schemes that require brute force attacks to solve. there is no machine in the world that is capable of actually flipping through 2^128 values and even if there was it would take over 100 years to process them all.

the video camera thing, a trojan reading the history files, or picking up the electromagnetic radiation from the monitor would definitely be the way to go. and it would certainly work..

stigmata
12-20-2005, 06:15 AM
"it would take over 100 years to process"

But it seems like everytime someone says this with confidence about their encryption protocol, someone goes and cracks it in a millionth of the time.

Refining my thoughts, a better route of a attack, once you had gained access to one of the key routers, would be just to track destination of partypoker traffic. You could then just look for simple windows vulnerabilites in a list of IP addresses playing on party. In fact, access to any relatively major router should suffice, given the number of people playing on party.