PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Signs you are the Sucker in th Game

06-12-2002, 07:52 AM
I posted this a wile back and was asked by a few poker colleagues to put it up again. Anyway, here goes.

Top Ten Signs you are the Sucker in the Game

10. Players you have never played with or even met already excited to get in the same game with you because of all the things they have heard.

9. Having at least a dozen people go out of their way to offer to loan you money knowing your good for it but still want you to stick around and play.

8. The whole room says hello when you walk into the room as though you were Norm from the TV series “Cheers”.

7. Players asking the dealer to deal you a hand even when you are not at the table just in case you happen to make it back to the table before it is your turn to act.

6. Having 5 or more players all buy more chips when you sit down knowing the impending impact of action you bring to the game.

5. Players pulling you aside from the table and asking you what you do for a living and how much it pays; and then politely and seriously say they were just inquiring because they just knew you must make quite a lot based on their observation of your play/losses.

4. Talking with a buddy before the start of a tournament about the different tables you will be and the structure of the tournament and then seconds before the tournament starts for both of you having him ask you to put him and friend on the list for the 15-30 ring game that starts as soon as enough players are eliminated from the tournament – oh by the way - this house has a rule that you cannot get on the ring game list until you are eliminated from the tournament (subtle implication of friends true thoughts here)

3. Players congratulating you on winning more pots than anyone they know.

2. Having a player come up and tell you that you are the only player he knows who is capable of continually inducing a check-raise bluff on the river from many different opponents.

1. Walking into your local Card Room at your usual 7:15pm on a Thursday and finding a list with the “Play at Mike D’s Table” as a Feature Game with 9 names on it.

Just some thoughts…

Michael D. (Soccer/Sucker Mike D.)

PS - All of these things actually happened to me!

06-12-2002, 07:18 PM
The first time you posted this, I was sceptical that #1 actually took place. I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I received several private e-mails, as well as seeing several posts, that confirmed your story...

So when's the next game?

06-13-2002, 02:11 AM
You raise and everyone at the table calls, then players from other tables ask to call your raise also. They are all willing to take just one card to play the hand with you.

SPM,...that's the world I live in...

06-13-2002, 02:28 PM
you open raise in late position, everyone who mucked in front asks for their cards back.

06-13-2002, 08:20 PM
you are such a sharp guy...

i have always had a goal of playing with spm in the windy city...

however, now i know the error of my ways...i plan on flying to chicago tomorrow...playing the weekend at harrahs...ind..., but

hey buddy, if you're going tobe at aurora, i would love to have you "give me a lesson."..

regards...

hey,,you are,t broke are you??...gl

06-14-2002, 03:09 AM
no but i am. if you're coming to Chi, wanna back me?

06-14-2002, 10:15 AM
Scalf,

The only lessons I give are on how to burn through chips in a hurry - I am not broke yet but working on it every day - have started liquidating assets such as my golf cart recently... The dog may be next.

Just some thoughts...

Michael D.

06-14-2002, 01:40 PM
I'll give ya $20 for the dog.

If anyone can take $20 and turn it into a $40-$80 bankroll in one night, it's you. So oughta consider it.

06-14-2002, 02:25 PM
Mike you could probably sell back that sod. Yard by yard if things got really bad.

Adam

06-14-2002, 10:52 PM
Have I got a dog for you. Obedient, never complains, easygoing little puppy. I'll pay shipping.

06-15-2002, 11:00 AM
anyone thinking of getting rid of the one gr8 friend he has in life..(his pooch), really is out of touch...gl

06-15-2002, 11:09 AM
actually sold his pooch, while starving, before rocky one....but then he bought the dog back, for a huge sum, and a bit part in one of the rocky movies...true story...maybe you are on the verge of stardom, mike,...gl

06-17-2002, 01:43 AM
Scalf,

You are so right - I could never sell my dog - no matter how desperate I got.

Just some thoughts...

Michael D.