PDA

View Full Version : Steve Guttenberg: "I'm f**king rich, bro."

SomethingClever
12-17-2005, 01:15 AM
sup bro? (http://www.metro.co.uk/metro/interviews/interview.html?in_page_id=8&in_interview_id=1234)

http://images.zap2it.com/20050726/steveguttenberg_240.jpg

ononimo
12-17-2005, 01:33 AM
i love the little movie trivia he gave about Gene Hackman ... i'm a little surprised Guttenberg is 2nd but maybe i shouldn't be considering how many godawful Police Academy movies he made.

Punker
12-17-2005, 01:35 AM
He would have been nowhere without the stonecutters.

rusellmj
12-17-2005, 01:40 AM
If you're so rich, why do you work at all any more?

I love the fame and the money and the power.

Kinda hard to argue with that.

MyTurn2Raise
12-17-2005, 01:49 AM
That's why I listed Guttenberg as a hero on myspace and in the thread about heroes the other day

Regrettably, I had to remove him from myspace because most of my target didn't know who the hell he was...sigh

manpower
12-17-2005, 01:55 AM
I saw this on fark today, turns out Guttenberg actually is the man.

MyTurn2Raise
12-17-2005, 02:06 AM
Career (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000430/)
http://www.nndb.com/people/552/000023483/gutten2-sized.jpg
Plus, he invented the printing press

astroglide
12-17-2005, 02:24 AM
that guy is awesome

coffeecrazy1
12-17-2005, 02:28 AM
Is it possible that Steve Guttenberg just became one of my heroes? I think it is...that's classic stuff.

I liked this even more than I liked Randy Moss scoffing at being fined $10,000, saying, "[censored], what's $10,000 to me?"

whiskeytown
12-17-2005, 02:32 AM
20 movies in the IMDB between 1980 and 1990 -

Milk it while it's hot, I guess.

I liked him best in "The Day After"

RB

youtalkfunny
12-17-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus, he invented The Bible

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't decide if that's funnier, or not. Probably not.

InchoateHand
12-17-2005, 04:07 AM
Well, its not funnier in the "FYP" format, but it would have been a lot funnier if MyTurn2Raise had gotten it in there...

12-17-2005, 05:15 AM
The printing press joke was funnier because of the reference to Johann Guttenberg, the actual inventor of the printing press. Jeez people, read a book written by someone other than Sklansky

ononimo
12-17-2005, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The printing press joke was funnier because of the reference to Johann Guttenberg, the actual inventor of the printing press. Jeez people, read a book written by someone other than Sklansky

[/ QUOTE ]

given that first book printed on said press was the Bible, it's safe to assume that youtalkfunny was already in the know on the Johann Gutenberg info.

InchoateHand
12-17-2005, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are being sarcastic right? Ever hear of a little thing printed on that press?

youtalkfunny
12-17-2005, 06:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT was the funniest of all.

I feel like I didn't get the goal, but I got the assist.

12-17-2005, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

given that first book printed on said press was the Bible, it's safe to assume that youtalkfunny was already in the know on the Johann Gutenberg info.

[/ QUOTE ]

well it appears that I stand corrected, and if you look at my avatar I stand not at all erected

trying2learn
12-17-2005, 12:04 PM
Steve Guttenberg hit on my wife about two years ago (she was my fiance then). She didn't know who he was, but I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I watched way too much Police Acadamy growing up.

samjjones
12-17-2005, 12:10 PM
What are you working on right now?
There are great movies I do on the Hallmark Channel called Single Santa. I've just finished a sequel called Meet The Santas. It's like Meet The Fockers but only even shittier.

beta1607
12-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
We do, We do.

Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do, we do.

Who keeps back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
We do, we do.

Who robs cavefish of their sight?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we dooooooo.

lighterjobs
12-17-2005, 03:03 PM
/images/graemlins/heart.gif steve guttenburg.

astroglide
12-17-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Steve Guttenberg hit on my wife about two years ago (she was my fiance then). She didn't know who he was, but I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I watched way too much Police Acadamy growing up.

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy is getting better and better!

HopeydaFish
12-17-2005, 03:36 PM
I looked through his list of credits on IMDB.com. The last movie that I remember him being in was "Home for the Holidays". The last movie that I actually watched that he was in was "Three Men and a Baby" -- which is from 1987 and makes me feel old. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

samjjones
12-17-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Buzz Aldrin hit on my college girlfriend one time. He was like 65, and she was 18. Deal.

ChipWrecked
12-17-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Buzz Aldrin hit on my college girlfriend one time. He was like 65, and she was 18. Deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was probably drunk.

samjjones
12-17-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was probably drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I was there, I would've told her to go for it. How many people can say they f-ed a guy who stepped foot on the moon?

Army Eye
12-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Eating ketchup + water? That is vile.

What can you say, he paid his dues, man.

benza13
12-17-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're so rich, why do you work at all any more?

I love the fame and the money and the power.

Kinda hard to argue with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
In America first you get the sugar, then you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women.

[/ QUOTE ]

first thing that came to my head.

MonkeeMan
12-18-2005, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actor Steve Guttenberg was Hollywood's most bankable box office draw in the 1980s, clocking up hit films including four Police Academy movies, Three Men And A Baby and Cocoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call BS on the opening line of this article, even without the figures to back it up. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I believe Harrison Ford was more bankable, and much more the leading man. Guttenberg was top billing in Police Acadamy, but these were ensamble movies. Cacoon he was secondary, and Three Men he was one of three headliners.

Here's what Ford starred in in the 80's:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
Working Girl (1988)
Frantic (1988)
The Mosquito Coast (1986)
Witness (1985)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)
Blade Runner (1982)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

ononimo
12-18-2005, 04:33 AM
you are correct, even if you eliminated all Star Wars movies.

EDIT: just in case anyone did want numbers, the combined gross of Guttenberg's FOUR Police Academy movies = $209 million vs. the gross for Raiders of the Lost Ark = $209 million. i could do the math on the rest but i think the conclusion is clear enough already.

Blarg
12-18-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least he didn't punch her.

Maybe he would if he had the chance.

ClaytonN
12-18-2005, 05:42 AM
Holy [censored] he was the main guy on the olson twins movie It Takes Two. I remember watching that in theatres.

Wow.

ononimo
12-18-2005, 06:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored] he was the main guy on the olson twins movie It Takes Two. I remember watching that in theatres.

Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, to recap, you just admitted to:

a) watching an Olson twins movie and
b) paying movie theater prices to see it?

please tell me your gf dragged you to some free screening or something ... anything ...