PDA

View Full Version : $11 single table on Doyle's Room. Push flush draw on the bubble?

12-17-2005, 01:09 AM
Hand Start.

Seat 1 : MikeJonez23 has $5,170
Seat 4 : HERO has $3,510
Seat 8 : Chuckles78 has $2,620
Seat 9 : judge bradd has $6,700

HERO is the dealer.

Chuckles78 posted small blind.
judge bradd posted big blind.
Game [41] started with 4 players.

Dealing Hole Cards.
Seat 4 : HERO has K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Stakes: 150/300 Current level: 5 Next level in: 3 min.

MikeJonez23 called 300
HERO called 300
Chuckles78 called 150
judge bradd checked.

Dealing flop.
Board cards [9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif]

Chuckles78 checked.
judge bradd bet 300
MikeJonez23 called 300 and raised 1,200
It's your turn.
HERO has 10 seconds to respond.
HERO folded
Chuckles78 folded.
judge bradd called 1,200

Reads: judge bradd is a super donk, calls big bets with gut-shot straight draws, almost never folds pre-flop or on the flop if he has any type of draw. He has gotten very lucky so far, hitting his draws. Chuckles78 seems solid.

The blinds are 150/300 now so I should usually fold or push pre-flop here, but I decided to call because:

- the big blind is a superdonk who will probably call me with something like K-10 if I push. However if I hit the flop hard I might double or triple up here with this crazy table.

- folding might be a better option, but I decided to risk 10% of my stack to see a flop in position in hopes of winning a big pot if a hit.

The flop is a good one for me, giving me a flush draw and an overcard (which may or may not be an out). When superdonk mini-bets on the flop I am getting ready to draw to my flush at excellent odds. However the next guy makes a pot-sized raise. If I push here he only has to call about 1500 more into a big pot, so I don't think I have any fold-equity here if I push.

If I didn't think I have an advantage over these players I would insta-push this because in a multi-way pot my equity with a K-high flush draw is pretty good (as long as someone doesn't have A-x flush draw). However against these super calling stations I decided to not risk it on draw (even if it was +EV) and wait for a made hand to let them hang themselves. Normally I play a tournament for first (not to just "cash"), but here these players were just so bad that I was pretty sure one of them would go out very soon and I would simply look to steal a couple of blinds on the bubble and not risk all my chips.

Anyone else fold this flop? Should I have pushed this flop?

I know you might be saying "if you play K-x suited and flop a flush draw and then fold why were in the hand in the first place?"

Well pre-flop I risked less than 10% of my stack for implied odds against poeple who I KNOW will pay me off if I hit. On the flop it got too expensive for my tastes.

Against calling stations I did not want to semi-bluff.

12-17-2005, 01:37 AM
Actually, I fold this pf, but what do I know. /images/graemlins/mad.gif
Shooby

tigerite
12-17-2005, 07:35 AM
More than the OP. This is a fold preflop.