PDA

View Full Version : SupaMine

12-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Just wanted to give everyone an update on my new mining program I'll be talking to a few of you guys tomorrow to start the beta testing. The functionality is there and I've been mining about 50 tables for the past 2 days without any problems.
The things that are not in yet are as follows

SNG mining support is not in but will just take a few more days of work.

Playing while mining on the same instance is not entirely perfect but I have added the option to mine everything except windowss that are logged in so it will not interrupt tables you are playing. the functionality is there to allow you mine and play its when you start changing tables that it becomes tricky so I'm still working out the kinks.

Anyway a few of you will be expecting a version to start testing tomorrow. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Nomad84
12-16-2005, 11:00 PM
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

theRealMacoy
12-16-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] !

OrcaDK
12-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Sounds good. Please send a message in case you're in need of one more tester.

Tk79
12-17-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

splashpot
12-17-2005, 03:15 AM
I'll test the SNG functionality when you get that up and running. Just send me a PM cause I don't always read this forum.

jmillerdls
12-17-2005, 03:28 AM
Yeah, me too. I'm pretty heavy into SNG's right now and would love to see this ability. I've tried it with Partymine with not so good results. If you need someone specifically to look into the SNG aspect, I'm your guy...I'll keep checking the forums.

C-Dog
12-17-2005, 03:44 AM
I use a dedicated PC for my Mining, so I can put a heavy test load on it. But if you are full, thats cool too. Look forward to using the program either way.

C-Dog

12-17-2005, 04:48 AM
Ugh... please stop with the mining. I don't want to have to do it.

12-17-2005, 05:21 AM
oo great cant wait til you get it out in public /images/graemlins/smile.gif

12-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi SupaBill, I have tried to send you several pms but not sure if you ever recieved them. Anyhow, I would love to be part of your Beta test. Thanks.

Nomad84
12-17-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway a few of you will be expecting a version to start testing tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

The day's almost 2/3 over here in Oklahoma...what's taking so long /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SackUp
12-17-2005, 07:14 PM
I'm definitely in for beta testing!!

Thanks!

KnickNut3
12-17-2005, 07:33 PM
If you need another tester, send me a PM. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Way to go, Supabill.

theRealMacoy
12-17-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm definitely in for beta testing!!

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto...sent pm awhile ago

theRealMacoy
12-17-2005, 07:47 PM
are you preparing for the beta version of party that doesn't allow hhf for observed tables?

there is a current post discussing the possible obsoleteness of partymine here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4197888&an=0&page=0#Post 4197888)

....from tigerite in the above thread...
"It's not even screen scraping to get the text in the dealer history - you can use simple Windows API calls to do it, it's just text in a RichTextBox"

any chance you will be incorporating something along these lines?

ben_
12-17-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are you preparing for the beta version of party that doesn't allow hhf for observed tables?

there is a current post discussing the possible obsoleteness of partymine here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4197888&an=0&page=0#Post 4197888)

....from tigerite in the above thread...
"It's not even screen scraping to get the text in the dealer history - you can use simple Windows API calls to do it, it's just text in a RichTextBox"

any chance you will be incorporating something along these lines?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is trivial and i've done it myself.
Bill will have no problem.

12-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for being patient today I know yall are excited to get the beta version and start testing it out. Got distracted playing golf earlier and a friend came over so I had to entertain for a while. Anyway I'm finishing up the first release of the beta and will post it asap. Thanks for all the support.

p.s. yes I'm already thinking about the beta version and how to start creating hhf files. shouldnt be a big deal at all.

Nomad84
12-17-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway I'm finishing up the first release of the beta and will post it asap. Thanks for all the support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet!

[ QUOTE ]
p.s. yes I'm already thinking about the beta version and how to start creating hhf files. shouldnt be a big deal at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know a whole lot about how exactly software like this works, but I'm guessing that this will be slightly more resource intensive. Is this true, and if so, will this possibly reduce the maximum number of tables somewhat?

Nomad84
12-17-2005, 09:31 PM
I just noticed the title of this post. Is SupaMine the official name now?

12-17-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just noticed the title of this post. Is SupaMine the official name now?

[/ QUOTE ]

heh no, but I felt like creating a new thread and it seemed like as good a name as any for the time being.

As for the resources, we'll just have to wait and see I wouldn't think it would decrease it by much but you never know so once I start coding it I'll let you know my findings.

theRealMacoy
12-18-2005, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

cool.

i figured you had it under control.

this is rather outside my field of expertise and wasn't sure how much you read the wider forum.

very glad to know that the faucet hasn't been turned off.

cheers,
sean

12-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Just an update: I released the beta to a select few people last night and am waiting on responses before I select a few more. If you weren't selected don't worry you'll get to see it soon /images/graemlins/smile.gif

imported_azalin
12-18-2005, 10:30 PM
If you need one more tester i would be glad to help out.

12-22-2005, 05:44 PM
bump. status?

CLC
12-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Yes, please. I'd like to try this out.

SippinSoma
12-23-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you need one more tester i would be glad to help out.

[/ QUOTE ]

tizim
12-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Does SupaMine have the option to set a min/max number of players that must be at a table for it to be mined (ie if you want to mine tables with 4-6 players only)?

krishanleong
12-23-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does SupaMine have the option to set a min/max number of players that must be at a table for it to be mined (ie if you want to mine tables with 4-6 players only)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Krishan

12-26-2005, 12:14 PM
bump. when does the rest of us get to try it? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

teddyFBI
12-26-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure if Bill wants to give periodic updates on this, nor whether i'm abusing my privilege as a beta-tester by offering the following, but there's enough interest that I thought it wouldn't hurt.

He has a beta in testing right now, but it's VERY buggy and needs a little more work before it would be a worthwhile application, even just on a casual basis, for most users. My testing of it to this point has consisted mostly of just searching out problems and reporting back to Bill so that he can fix them. He says that he's really busy during the holidays, but will throw himself back into things early in the new year and hopefully work out all the kinks. It's a very nice looking start, though, and hopefully will lead to a productive application.

theRealMacoy
12-26-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if Bill wants to give periodic updates on this, nor whether i'm abusing my privilege as a beta-tester by offering the following, but there's enough interest that I thought it wouldn't hurt.

He has a beta in testing right now, but it's VERY buggy and needs a little more work before it would be a worthwhile application, even just on a casual basis, for most users. My testing of it to this point has consisted mostly of just searching out problems and reporting back to Bill so that he can fix them. He says that he's really busy during the holidays, but will throw himself back into things early in the new year and hopefully work out all the kinks. It's a very nice looking start, though, and hopefully will lead to a productive application.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with what teddy said...

it is a great start and i can see the potential but as described it is indeed still unreliable and buggy. i can't wait for the fixes in the next beta.

cheers,
sean

krishanleong
12-26-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with what teddy said...

it is a great start and i can see the potential but as described it is indeed still unreliable and buggy. i can't wait for the fixes in the next beta.

cheers,
sean

[/ QUOTE ]

I also agree and FWIW I can mine more efficiently right now without the application. It takes more work though.

Krishan