PDA

View Full Version : ($22): Hands like these are embarrassing!

xJMPx
12-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Do you push this, or wait and pray for something a little better UTG? Up to this point I have had exactly zero chances to push.

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 5 - 6 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

Chip Counts:
Button: 740 Chips
SB: 2645 Chips
BB: 1110 Chips
UTG: 2015 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 495 Chips</font>
CO: 995 Chips

Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Blinds are 75/150

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, Hero ????…

tigerite
12-16-2005, 05:36 PM
Yes, I push.

It sounds unusual that you had had no chances to push before this though?

TheNoodleMan
12-16-2005, 06:00 PM
push.
You already have no FE, but J3s with one player already folded is good enough for me.

xJMPx
12-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Tigerite, you were right. I was going on memory, but in the orbit before this one I missed a few opportunities.

This one was close:

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 4 - 6 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

Chip Counts:
Button: 1220 Chips
SB: 1315 Chips
BB: 1520 Chips
UTG: 1110 Chips
UTG+1: 1000 Chips
UTG+2: 1265 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 570 Chips</font>

Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif
Blinds are 50/100

PreFlop
BB posts BB, <font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+2 folds</font>, <font color="blue">Hero folds</font>…

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 5 - 6 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

Chip Counts:
Button: 1265 Chips
SB: 1570 Chips
BB: 1110 Chips
UTG: 1000 Chips
UTG+1: 1265 Chips
CO: 1220 Chips

Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Blinds are 75/150

PreFlop
BB posts BB, <font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">Hero folds</font>…

I didn’t push this one because the SB had just been eliminated, so there wasn’t a SB to pick up and the BB was going to miss me next hand. Stupid?

Chip Counts:
Button: 1110 Chips
BB: 1265 Chips
UTG: 1220 Chips
UTG+1: 1265 Chips
CO: 2570 Chips

Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Blinds are 75/150

PreFlop
<font color="blue">Hero folds</font>…

This was followed by pre-flop raises on every hand except the one I posted in the OP. But, what about the hand? Should I take a chance and push over with this?

Chip Counts:
<font color="red">Hero: 495 Chips</font>
SB: 1070 Chips
BB: 965 Chips
UTG: 2795 Chips
UTG+1: 1110 Chips
CO: 1565 Chips

Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
Blinds are 75/150

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">CO RAISES ($300)</font>, <font color="blue">Hero ????</font>…

pineapple888
12-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Have to push here with anything but total trash.

ZeroPointMachine
12-16-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hero has 570t

Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Blinds are 75/150

[/ QUOTE ]

The rest are close depending on your reads/ranges. This one is automatic though. You have less than 4BB and are paying the BB next hand. This makes the true EV of folding much worse than in other positions.

Edit: Pushing the J3 is correct when you find yourself in that position. It could have been avoided here.

xJMPx
12-16-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have less than 4BB and are paying the BB next hand. This makes the true EV of folding much worse than in other positions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the SB was eliminated the hand before this one, so I'm in the SB next hand, this change anything?

12-16-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You have less than 4BB and are paying the BB next hand. This makes the true EV of folding much worse than in other positions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the SB was eliminated the hand before this one, so I'm in the SB next hand, this change anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does. I push less hands in this situation. A9 is still a good hand with less than 4BB though.

12-16-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I push.

It sounds unusual that you had had no chances to push before this though?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking that too...the only reason for this to happen is if you just lost a hand to get yourself in this position.

And yes, you have to push this, IMO

12-16-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think it does, you gotta push here.

ZeroPointMachine
12-16-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It changes it a little, but not enough to make it a fold.

IMO 4 BB is the critical number. When you have 4 BB your push doesn't quite offer the big blind 2-1 odds to call. I think this has a huge effect on the calling range you can expect. Below 4 BB the big blind will always have 2-1 or better pot odds and if it happens to be a bigger stack you are almost guaranteed a call.

When you are not on the bubble it is critical to make a move before dropping below 4BB if at all possible.

tigerite
12-16-2005, 07:51 PM
I'd push just about every one of those, certainly the last two would be auto.

tigerite
12-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Ah wait missed the CO raise on the last one, meh, a fold is probably okay there then.

12-16-2005, 08:36 PM
I don't push here. I wait for at least K high. Someone is probably gonna call and I would rather wait two more hands to try to get a better opportunity.

RiverDood
12-16-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't push here but later on I wish I had. . I wait for at least K high. When it arrives, to my dismay, I'm no longer first to act. Someone else has limped, raised or pushed before me. All I can do is fold my K7 or join their pot. I wait two more hands , but there's never a better opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]