PDA

View Full Version : did i shut down to early?

12-16-2005, 05:28 PM
this was a sucky board, and this is what i get for playing trash oop... i know.. too late now.. the question now is, do i give drawers credit? did i shut down early, or make a wise check?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($34)
Hero ($59.05)
UTG+1 ($47.85)
MP1 ($67.45)
MP2 ($53.20)
CO ($20)
Button ($44.40)
SB ($31.95)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
Hero calls $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.50) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, UTG+1 calls $2, CO calls $2, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($8.50) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $5</font>, CO folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $13.50

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. UTG+1 wins $13.50. </font>

4_2_it
12-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Since you didn't fold pre-flop, you have to lead the turn and fold to a serious raise. As played I call and lead the river.

ajmargarine
12-16-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since you didn't fold pre-flop, you have to lead the turn and fold to a serious raise. As played I call and lead the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you smoking sir? Fold preflop is good. Lead flop is good. C/f turn is good. Guys got a queen here about 97% of the time. If CO bet, maybe, maybe you he's taking advantage of the board and you could call and see a river, even then it's sketchy.

4_2_it
12-16-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you smoking sir? Fold preflop is good. Lead flop is good. C/f turn is good. Guys got a queen here about 97% of the time. If CO bet, maybe, maybe you he's taking advantage of the board and you could call and see a river, even then it's sketchy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I just hate laying this down without making a turn bet. If villain raises then you know he has a Q or balls of steel, but by betting out the turn you project a lot of strength. The more I think about it, if you check the turn I guess you have to fold to any bet.

Why wouldn't you bet the turn? Seems like you are giving up a little too easy here.

12-16-2005, 06:00 PM
fold preflop.

As played I think I check/fold this turn also.

12-16-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I just hate laying this down without making a turn bet. If villain raises then you know he has a Q or balls of steel, but by betting out the turn you project a lot of strength. The more I think about it, if you check the turn I guess you have to fold to any bet.

Why wouldn't you bet the turn? Seems like you are giving up a little too easy here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your thinking but I'm not sure we'd be good here often enough for a bet to be +EV. I think lots of people would be willing to call the flop bet with an open ended draw.

4_2_it
12-16-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your thinking but I'm not sure we'd be good here often enough for a bet to be +EV. I think lots of people would be willing to call the flop bet with an open ended draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but a villain with AJ also calls that flop bet.

Most weak players have a hard time making a bluff raise on a coordinated board, but have less problem bluffing after you just exhibited weakness. That's my thought process behind why I like a bet even if it is likely he has a Q.

Now with a one pair hand I drop this hand, but two pair is a hand I like to showdown when possible.

Hoopster81
12-16-2005, 07:04 PM
This line is good

12-16-2005, 07:19 PM
my initial thought was that i could've easily been against a made hand on the flop, and the turn gave a huge range of hands that beat me [kj, k10, k9, qj, q10, q9, q8, 78..] all very possible hands people limp behind with...

btw, the only reason i played this hand in the first place was because of the blind poster in the CO..

Hoopster81
12-16-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
btw, the only reason i played this hand in the first place was because of the blind poster in the CO..

[/ QUOTE ]

Not good enough. Full ring this absolutely has to be a fold.

12-16-2005, 08:08 PM
If you think it is likely that he has aj, then why not check call the turn?

Besides if he has a straight consider this:
If you think you can successfully check raise him on river for the rest of his stack if he does have a straight:

you are 1:10.6 to make the full house
implied odds are: ~1:10.8 ($5:$53.85)

Under that assumption you have implied odds to call.

This doesn't take into account the times he doesn't bet or call the raise with the straight of course.