PDA

View Full Version : Breaking into $33s, negative ROI, requesting hand help

12-16-2005, 04:42 PM
***** Hand History for Game 3206422076 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $30 Buy-in + $3 Entry Fee Trny:18306313 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Thursday, December 15, 17:46:51 EDT 2005
Table Table 67880 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: Bazuulbazuul ( $800 )
Seat 2: Markivell ( $800 )
Seat 3: Peter_mack ( $800 )
Seat 4: spitfire09 ( $800 )
Seat 5: capnbysea ( $800 )
Seat 6: D0917 ( $800 )
Seat 7: HAWKDADDYTJ ( $800 )
Seat 9: don_bohne ( $800 )
Seat 10: JRedandH20 ( $800 )
Seat 8: Sheismeister ( $800 )
Trny:18306313 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Bazuulbazuul [ Kc 3h ]
Markivell folds.
Peter_mack folds.
spitfire09 folds.
capnbysea calls [15].
D0917 calls [15].
HAWKDADDYTJ calls [15].
Sheismeister calls [15].
don_bohne folds.
JRedandH20 calls [5].
Bazuulbazuul checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3c, Kd, 4h ]
JRedandH20 checks.
Bazuulbazuul bets [70].
capnbysea folds.
D0917 folds.
HAWKDADDYTJ folds.
Sheismeister calls [70].
JRedandH20 folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ Jd ]
Bazuulbazuul bets [150].
Sheismeister is all-In.
Bazuulbazuul is all-In.
** Dealing River ** [ 7s ]
Bazuulbazuul shows [ Kc, 3h ] two pairs, kings and threes.
Sheismeister shows [ Jh, Kh ] two pairs, kings and jacks.
Sheismeister wins 1660 chips from the main pot with two pairs, kings and jacks.
Bazuulbazuul finished in tenth place.
Bazuulbazuul has left the table.

This isn't a bad beat post. I'm assuming I played this correctly. However, tigerite mentioned that since my ITM is so low I should post hands to help plug leaks in my game.

Does anybody fold to his turn push? I generally play 2pair like the nuts when i'm HU, at least with this kind of board... is this wrong?

tigerite
12-16-2005, 04:44 PM
No way, this is fine. Didn't you post it just the other day though /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hornacek
12-16-2005, 04:50 PM
I see nothing wrong with your play. Nice hand. Just a bad result.

12-16-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No way, this is fine. Didn't you post it just the other day though /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, didn't get any responses though. At least i thought I didn't, just went back and noticed tefal had replied. DOn't know him yet so I'm hesitant to take an unknown persons advice as gospel at this point.

But OK I'm done with this hand. I was curious about it because I'm wondering if this is the kind of move that seperates $11s from $33s.. guess not.

tigerite
12-16-2005, 05:15 PM
No I go broke there every time, so don't worry.

12-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Awesome. I don't sweat variance, that's what my 100 buyin BR is for. Just want to make sure I'm not being a total n00b.

Speaking of which, after reading your reply about playing too LAG when you first moved up, I took a closer look and realizing I've been doing exactly the same thing, usually from the blinds.

Raising AJs from the BB into someone who limped(!!!) AK from the button, as well as completing KQs from the SB and running into a slowplayed KK on a KJx flop, are things I just attributed to bad beats. Not bad beats as in they sucked out on me, but bad beats as in, figure the odds they had AK/KK.

So maybe I just shouldn't be playing AJ/KQ from the blinds in the early levels. What do you think?

tigerite
12-16-2005, 05:26 PM
No, that's not really LAGgy. Just be careful on the flop, that's all.

12-16-2005, 05:29 PM
OK... I'll go on assuming that I've been unlucky with my first 100 $33s and will report back if the 2nd 100 or so are as bad. Thanks for the help Tigerite.

tigerite
12-16-2005, 05:31 PM
Oh well actually no I wouldn't raise AJs from the BB, but some on here do. I just don't like it, but whatever.

durron597
12-16-2005, 05:33 PM
cards happen

12-16-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cards happen

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly...

But for an inexperienced player like me, it's hard to see the cards happening from the poor play, when you have -ROI and can't find any obvious leaks.

I'm fine with -luck streaks and realize it's a cost of doing business. But when I'm playing a new level or a new game, it's really hard for me to just sit back and wait for a few thousand SNGs to go by before I question my play.

ilya
12-16-2005, 06:03 PM
I might fold to the turn push actually. You are beating 43 but that's about it.

microbet
12-16-2005, 06:16 PM
Dude, he may be behind, but you have to at least allow for lots and lots of possible hands that he's beating. The villian's play does not have to make sense to you.

ilya
12-16-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, he may be behind, but you have to at least allow for lots and lots of possible hands that he's beating. The villian's play does not have to make sense to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but what hands he's beating call the flop & suddenly go berserk on the turn?

however you may well be right. i am too hungry to be thinking straight, i think.

pineapple888
12-16-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK... I'll go on assuming that I've been unlucky with my first 100 $33s and will report back if the 2nd 100 or so are as bad. Thanks for the help Tigerite.

[/ QUOTE ]

100 is nothing, by the way. I'm negative over my last 500 or so at the 33s, but I'm not worried. The donks will eventually give me their money. Of course, I'm still way up overall at the 33s, so I guess it's easier for me to have that perspective.

microbet
12-16-2005, 06:34 PM
I will take on the dangerous task of putting myself in the mind of the villian.

"woah, another diamond, I better bet my king", "woah, QT almost has a straight, I'd better protect my King", "good old KQ, come on, call me sucker", "QT, well that's 3 to a straight, woah, I almost have a straight!" "wow, 3 diamonds, OMFG, 4 diamonds!" "you might have a hand, but you can't call for all your chips, all in baby" "whenever someone bet about 2x their flop bet it's a bluff" "man QQ is a good hand" "I know I'm supposed to take a big gamble and try and double up early" "slider-man, slider-man, does whatever the slider can" etc.

kyro
12-16-2005, 06:37 PM
Playing two pair (especially top and 3rd pair) like the nuts on a board like that is usually the way to go. I almost never fold here unless I am given a really good reason (the sky opens up and voice booms "fold you idiot!").

kyro
12-16-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ok, but what hands he's beating call the flop & suddenly go berserk on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I really need to list them all? A lot of them. These aren't solid players for the most part

[ QUOTE ]

however you may well be right. i am too hungry to be thinking straight, i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Food is good.

12-16-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cards happen

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly...

But for an inexperienced player like me, it's hard to see the cards happening from the poor play, when you have -ROI and can't find any obvious leaks.

I'm fine with -luck streaks and realize it's a cost of doing business. But when I'm playing a new level or a new game, it's really hard for me to just sit back and wait for a few thousand SNGs to go by before I question my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldnt obsess over bad luck. Thats what you had here, just bad luck. Nothing you can do sometimes but smile, keep your cool, and fire up another one.

I have a feeling there are many more hands that you could post other than this that would give you a better idea of where your leaks are. As for this hand, he hit his jack, got lucky, you busted.

How many $33s have you played? Bad beats like this can only be the reason for your -ROI if you have very few...otherwise, maybe you should email HHs to someone if you cant seem to find any leaks yourself. and if you cant, you probably arent being objective enough about your game and should be doing this anyway. good luck

12-16-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, didn't get any responses though. At least i thought I didn't, just went back and noticed tefal had replied. DOn't know him yet so I'm hesitant to take an unknown persons advice as gospel at this point.

But OK I'm done with this hand. I was curious about it because I'm wondering if this is the kind of move that seperates $11s from $33s.. guess not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you were thinking this hand represents the difference in levels? You got a lucky flop, villian a lucky turn. Dont overanalyze the hand.

12-16-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Awesome. I don't sweat variance, that's what my 100 buyin BR is for. Just want to make sure I'm not being a total n00b.

Speaking of which, after reading your reply about playing too LAG when you first moved up, I took a closer look and realizing I've been doing exactly the same thing, usually from the blinds.

Raising AJs from the BB into someone who limped(!!!) AK from the button, as well as completing KQs from the SB and running into a slowplayed KK on a KJx flop, are things I just attributed to bad beats. Not bad beats as in they sucked out on me, but bad beats as in, figure the odds they had AK/KK.

So maybe I just shouldn't be playing AJ/KQ from the blinds in the early levels. What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we go...now you're talking

12-16-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will take on the dangerous task of putting myself in the mind of the villian.

"woah, another diamond, I better bet my king", "woah, QT almost has a straight, I'd better protect my King", "good old KQ, come on, call me sucker", "QT, well that's 3 to a straight, woah, I almost have a straight!" "wow, 3 diamonds, OMFG, 4 diamonds!" "you might have a hand, but you can't call for all your chips, all in baby" "whenever someone bet about 2x their flop bet it's a bluff" "man QQ is a good hand" "I know I'm supposed to take a big gamble and try and double up early" "slider-man, slider-man, does whatever the slider can" etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO! POTD.