PDA

View Full Version : What's the problem? I'm catching it on the hossel, right?...

Huh
07-21-2003, 01:28 AM
...Moving my head? I'm pronating, I'm supinating, I'm clearing too early, I'm clearing too late, I'm off plane, I ain't dropping in -- oh god, my swing feels like an unfolding lawn chair.
--Tin Cup.

$6-$12 home game.

Sometimes the dynamic aspect of poker throws me for a curveball. I wish it were static like so many other games. Onto the hand…

I’ll introduce the players. A super aggressive player (SAP) is fourth to act; Buckshot (BS) immediately follows. SAP is an interesting player, who I’ve logged many hours with. You can never quite put him on a hand, but regardless you can count on lots of action. BS is a good player, a bit on the aggressive side, also difficult to put on a hand. I think he sometimes suffers from FPS, and I know he fancies himself the best player in the game.

I am in the Big Blind with KsJc. SAP open limps, BS raises, and I call the bet. SAP re-raises, BS caps, and I call two cold. I called BS’s raises, cause I was pretty sure he was on an isolation play. I thought he had some hand worthy of a showdown, heads-up, but I didn’t think it was a “premium” hand. SAP can be a “build the pot” type of player, so the limp-reraise did not mean much to me. 6 BB in the pot.

The flop is .

Js 9s 6h (I believe).

I bet out, and it’s raised and re-raised, I call two cold, and then one more I think. I know it was capped, but I can’t quite remember the actions. At this point, I was definitely worried about a set somewhere, but I caught a piece of this, and didn’t want to go anywhere against these two.

The turn was small spade, giving me top pair, good/shaky/awful kicker (again the dynamic aspect of this game creeps in), and a back-door flush to the second nut. I check, SAP bets, and BS folds. I call.

River is the king (obviously no flush). I bet-out, it’s raised, and I call.

Comments on all streets greatly appreciated. This was one I definitely played much differently than normal, based on the players.

-Huh