PDA

View Full Version : your friend's ex... off limits?

12-16-2005, 02:50 PM
so, i've been friends w/ "bill" for a long time. bill and i lived together during school with 3 other people. he dated "veronica" for almost 2 years. bill met veronica freshman year of college, and sophomore year veronica transferred to another school because they had broken up and veronica's life at her first school basically revolved around bill. a few months later, veronica and bill got back together..

back in march/april, they broke up because veronica made out w/ a couple guys. (once on spring break, don't know when the other was) she says the reason she did it was because he treeated like her [censored], which he did. he cheated on her a couple times, but never told her.

SO, he broke up with her and a few weeks later he started dating another chick. fast forward to september-ish. bill and his new chick broke up for a little bit so he calls veronica and he goes up to see her and they fool around. (she was always telling me things he'd say to her.. recently he told her that he missed having sex with her and that he has to fake 1/2 his orgasms w/ new chick - when he first started dating new chick he would always tell veronica that he missed her and that sometimes he wishes new chick was veronica) i can't decide if he says these things because he's just trying to teach her a lesson, or he actually still loves her, or if he just enjoys having veronica be depressed over him..

fast forward to last month - veronica and i have become really good friends, we talk all the time and have a lot in common. we were friends when she dated bill, but never really talked all that much. so some friends and i were up visiting our other friends and i eventually met up with veronica. i ended up going home w/ her and all we did was make out. a few days ago we were talking and she told me that she liked me, and i told her i liked her.

so, what's my play now? i really wanna hang out with her and see if there is something between us - what if there is? do i pursue something? should i get 'permission'??

any advice is appreciated

asofel
12-16-2005, 02:52 PM
bad idea

12-16-2005, 02:52 PM
a. have your head examined.

b. hit it anyway.

SackUp
12-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Hit it and post the trainwreck story after

unlucky513
12-16-2005, 02:56 PM
bros before hoes

ononimo
12-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Scotty doesn't know that Fiona and me
Do it in my van every Sunday.
She tells him she's in church but she doesn't go
Still she's on her knees and Scotty doesn't know!

Oh Scotty doesn't know!
So Don't Tell Scotty!
Scotty doesn't know!
Scotty doesn't know!
So Don't Tell Scotty!

Fiona says she's out shopping,
But she's under me and I'm not stopping...

Because Scotty doesn't know!
Scotty doesn't know! (X3)
So don't tell Scotty!
Scotty doesn't know!

Don't tell Scotty!

I can't believe he's so trusting,
While I'm right behind you thrusting.
Fiona's got him on the phone,
And she's trying not to moan.
It's a three-way call and he knows nothing!

Scotty doesn't know!(X3)
So don't tell Scotty!
Scotty doesn't know!(X3)

We'll put on a show!
Everyone will go!
Scotty doesn't know!(x3)

The parkin lot
Why not? It's so cool when you're on top!
His front lawn in the snow
Life is so hard because Scotty doesn't know!

We did it on his birthday...

etc.

11t
12-16-2005, 03:00 PM
it all depends on how close your friend is.

If he is like your best friend, I'd suggest talking to him about it to avoid confrontation. Bro's before hoes.

If he is a marginally good friend. Bang her, once to like a few times. Then tell him about it. I mean, a guy that cheats on a girl has no claims to her after they break up. If he can't handle that then [censored] him. Make sure he hears it from you though, and not some random person at a party. You don't want him to like, try to kill you.

Good guy = give respect

Douchebag guy you know really well = [censored] her

I think that is what I am tryiing to say.

mrkilla
12-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Hope you dont like Bill. Heres the scenarios I know from experience.

You Ask Bill, Bill says Yes go head, you bang her he gets mad 2 months later and tells you to f-off.

You ask Bill he Says no, hes mad you even asks he tells you to f-off right then and there.

You ask Bill he Says no,you bang her anyway,he find out and tells you to f- off

You dont ask, you bang the [censored] outa her, you hide it as long as you can , Bill find outs , tells you to f-off

You don't do anything and tell her its a bad idea, Veronica Cries and tells Bill you "made out" w/ her a few months later when shes taking it up the ass from Bill again . Bill comes home a tells you to f-off.

Pick your poison, but say goodbye to Bill. GO ahead and ask , when he says no or yes you do it anyway , your loosing him as a friend no matter what cause you got a hard on for a girl he still obviously likes.

PokerFink
12-16-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so, i've been friends w/ "bill" for a long time. bill and i lived together during school with 3 other people. he dated "veronica" for almost 2 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading right here.

She is OFF LIMITS.

Nick-Zack
12-16-2005, 03:04 PM
My roommate from college had a pretty cute girlfriend that he was terrible too. On his birthday he went home to be with his family and told her she couldn't go.

I ended up giving her a little birthday present for him that night. Looking back now it seems like a bad idea, but this girl had some mad skills.

12-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Depends on the friend. Most of my friends, I wouldn't even think about it.

A couple of them wouldn't give a flying crap if I banged their ex's or not.

If I had any doubt whatsoever that they'd care, I wouldn't do it.

Los Feliz Slim
12-16-2005, 03:08 PM
After I broke up with my long-term college girlfriend and moved away from St. Louis, she began hitting on one of my best friends. He talked about it with me, and at the time I was so happy she had given up trying to get me back I was all for it. Of course, it turned out bothering me greatly, and while we are still friends it's always hanging there between us.

The moral of the story is, if you care at all about remaining friends with Bill, don't do it.

MyTurn2Raise
12-16-2005, 03:09 PM
I refuse to answer another of these "pathetic plea for help with a totally routine girl situation"

Aces McGee
12-16-2005, 03:19 PM
The reasons for avoiding this situation are a lot more complex than "bros before hoes." I don't think loyalty to your bud applies here because of the way he treated her and is likely to treat her in the future.

This is OOT, so I'm going to recommend that you have sex with her and post pictures, but in actuality, I'd avoid getting with Veronica (and telling anyone about it) until I was as sure as I could be about my feelngs for her, and hers for me. Jump in too fast, and in addition to losing two friends and putting yourself in the middle of a sh*tstorm, you're likely to get your heart broken.

-McGee

Songwind
12-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Well, before I finished reading your story I was going to post something complicated about the necessity that all parties involved be mature, that their breakup was amicable, yadda yadda yadda.

After reading your story, I say this:

Bill sounds like a jackass, and Veronica uses sex as a weapon against her partners. When it's you that she's mad at it'll be you she fools around on to punish you. Stay away from both of them. :P

12-16-2005, 03:30 PM
[censored] her

jaxUp
12-16-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"veronica"

[/ QUOTE ]

After coming up with this, how did you not go back and change the guy's name to archie?

theghost
12-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Generally I'd say if he broke up with her (and not the other way around), then it's ok. The fact that he broke up with her because she was fooling around complicates things a bit though. If he's at all torn up about her you should probably lay off if he's a good friend.

Good idea to ask/see if he's cool with it before you get involved with her.

12-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Pics of Veronica???

jaxUp
12-16-2005, 03:55 PM
http://www.fortunecity.com/millennium/lunchbox/187/archie/veronica1.gif

Riverman
12-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Bad idea unless you get pics of SIIHP and post them

4_2_it
12-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Asking a guy if it's cool to bang his ex-GF? WTF??? Grow some stones and do what you want. She is not his property and you aren't stealing her from him. It sounds like this chick has some baggage, but asking Bill's permission is idiotic.

Also, as soon as Bill tells Veronica you asked for his permission to bang her (which will about 3.4 seconds after you leave the room), she will decide it's not a good idea to see you.

PocketJokers72
12-16-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so, i've been friends w/ "bill" for a long time. bill and i lived together during school with 3 other people. he dated "veronica" for almost 2 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you walk in on them while they were naked on the bathroom floor?

/so many threads, so few brain cells in my head

KDawgCometh
12-16-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Asking a guy if it's cool to bang his ex-GF? WTF??? Grow some stones and do what you want. She is not his property and you aren't stealing her from him. It sounds like this chick has some baggage, but asking Bill's permission is idiotic.

Also, as soon as Bill tells Veronica you asked for his permission to bang her (which will about 3.4 seconds after you leave the room), she will decide it's not a good idea to see you.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the right answer. I would have no problem getting with most of my friend's exes. ONly one of my good friends has ever expressed that he'd be extremely pissed if that happened.

You both like each other, it just happens that she used to date your friend. Every guy tries to say, Bros Before Hoes, but guys end up ignoring that when they dick their friends over to impress a chick. Its not really much of your boy's buisness to be honest. He hasn't dated her for a fair time now, and he was an ass to her. If you really have feelings for her, then do what feels right, the situation can turn out sticky, and you really want to be sure that both of you actually have real feelings for each other and aren't wanting to have sex out of convienence or to subconciously get back at your boy

TheBlueMonster
12-16-2005, 04:17 PM
I went out with a friend's ex for a year. It led to tension..between them, I was totally cool.

Alobar
12-16-2005, 04:18 PM
you are a [censored] friend

that is all

12-16-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Scotty doesn't know that Fiona and me
Do it in my van every Sunday.
She tells him she's in church but she doesn't go
Still she's on her knees and Scotty doesn't know!

Oh Scotty doesn't know!
So Don't Tell Scotty!
Scotty doesn't know!
Scotty doesn't know!
So Don't Tell Scotty!

Fiona says she's out shopping,
But she's under me and I'm not stopping...

Because Scotty doesn't know!
Scotty doesn't know! (X3)
So don't tell Scotty!
Scotty doesn't know!

Don't tell Scotty!

I can't believe he's so trusting,
While I'm right behind you thrusting.
Fiona's got him on the phone,
And she's trying not to moan.
It's a three-way call and he knows nothing!

Scotty doesn't know!(X3)
So don't tell Scotty!
Scotty doesn't know!(X3)

We'll put on a show!
Everyone will go!
Scotty doesn't know!(x3)

The parkin lot
Why not? It's so cool when you're on top!
His front lawn in the snow
Life is so hard because Scotty doesn't know!

We did it on his birthday...

etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't tell me what?

To OP - do what you want. Don't ask permission from Bill....that's just stupid.

ScottieK

MyTurn2Raise
12-16-2005, 04:25 PM
fine...I'll chime in

clearly your friend will always have feelings toward this girl, warranted or not

Do you feel like this girl is worth possibly destroying your friendship? Because, that is the question at hand

Mr_J
12-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Yeah just ask your mate. If you really like the girl, then a good mate will give you the ok (doesn't mean he will like it). If he says no, then he's not really your mate, so [censored] him and go [censored] her.

OrangeHeat
12-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Red,

1. Post her myspace link
2. Let an Ootiot bang her
3. Ootiot points her to this and the myspace thread.

Biggest trainwreck ever - think about it.

Orange

LALDAAS
12-16-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"so, i've been friends w/ "bill" for a long time."

[/ QUOTE ]

Please define your idea of a friend to me.

For my friends and I (5 of us), we have been my boys since we were playing G.I. Joe in the back yard when we were kids. That was 22 years ago.

We grew up together could not be seperated.

When my parents divorced when I was 16 I lived with my friends so I wouldn,t have to leave them when the rents moved.

when we went to school all over the country we hoped on planes once a month just to chill for the weekend.

We have let go women for trying to come between us.

These arent friends these are my brothers.

If you are even questioning this enough to post this here Bill is not your friend.

So I say [censored] her brains out.

I have seen people swear by there so called friends 18 months later they say "Bill who"

I belive this is where you stand.

Klepton
12-16-2005, 04:51 PM
one of my good friends dated this girl. i thought she was hot, so did she. then my friend found someone new so he dumped her.

i hit it like 4 days later.

12-16-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

back in march/april, they broke up because veronica made out w/ a couple guys. (once on spring break, don't know when the other was) she says the reason she did it was because he treeated like her [censored], which he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you are looking for more than just "Bangfest 2006" with this girl.

The fact that she retaliates by making out with other guys should scare the Hell out of you because.

1) Maybe YOU are her revenge on "Bill"

2) If not, she will cheat on you when you forget to buy her flowers on her birthday or some other nonsense.

3) THIS WILL ALWAYS BE IN THE BACK OF YOUR MIND.

Either hit it and quit it, which you know you can't do, or quit it now. PS Bill is an ass.

LLL

Soul Daddy
12-16-2005, 05:06 PM
You're likely going to get used and spit out by this girl, leaving you with no girl and a very good possibility at no friend. If you're okay with that, by all means. I guess it depends on the level of your friendship and her level of hotness.

Sephus
12-16-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"veronica"

[/ QUOTE ]

After coming up with this, how did you not go back and change the guy's name to archie?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow so im not the only person who thought this.

pokerdirty
12-16-2005, 05:52 PM
If you go through with this, and I was "Bill", I'd beat your ass. Go find one of the 2,999,999,999 chicks on Earth that your friends haven't banged for 2 years.

CCovington
12-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Don't do it bud