PDA

View Full Version : 22: BB, 2+2er in SB

45suited
12-16-2005, 02:03 PM
PP 22. Blinds 50-100. I knew the SB to be a 2+2er and he had open pushed his last chance from the SB. Do you like my call with 44?

UTG ( $800 )
CO( $2439 )
Button( $3136 )
SB ( $790 )
BB (HERO) ( $835 )

Blinds(50/100)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ 4c 4s ]
UTG folds.
CO folds.
Button folds.
SB is all-In [740]
BB (HERO) calls [690].

45suited
12-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Just in case this appears to be a stupid question, here's my thinking with the call. Yes I know that I could be dominated but I am likely just a slight favorite. I could pass and push when I'm the SB. But I also know that this crap is never going to stop, so I might as well just take my stand now with likely the better hand. The stack sizes were such that, when it comes around next time, I might find myself in a much worse position, and a much worse hand. Comments?

jb9
12-16-2005, 02:15 PM
I'd be lying if I said I actually like calling all in bets with 44, but I think he's probably pushing with any 2 and you are going to have trouble stealing blinds from those big stacks if your chip count gets smaller, so if you are ready for a coin flip, go for it and hope he doesn't have 55.

bluefeet
12-16-2005, 02:21 PM
2+2er knows he can push any two here. He only needs to push outside of top 35% for this call to be +EV. Given your "read" on who's doing the pushing, the call isn't debatable in that respect.

xJMPx
12-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Personally I don't like it. Although he is a 2+2er, which means he's pushing any two here, there are a lot of hands that contain two over cards to your 44. I'd only call with pockets when I think there is a very decent chance one of his cards will be lower. Ie, when I have like 77+.

Let's see what SNGPT says...just as I suspected, I'm wrong. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

If he's pushing any two it is +2.0$EV to call. He has to be pushing a tighter range than top 35% (22+,A2+,K5o+,K2s+,Q9o+,Q8s+,J9s+) to make this a fold.

45suited
12-16-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally I don't like it. Although he is a 2+2er, which means he's pushing any two here, there are a lot of hands that contain two over cards to your 44. I'd only call with pockets when I think there is a very decent chance one of his cards will be lower. Ie, when I have like 77+.

Let's see what SNGPT says...just as I suspected, I'm wrong. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

If he's pushing any two it is +2.0$EV to call. He has to be pushing a tighter range than top 35% (22+,A2+,K5o+,K2s+,Q9o+,Q8s+,J9s+) to make this a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was also taking into account, not just this hand, but what will likely transpire the rest of the game. Constantly having him push into me. Me having a hard time stealing from the bigstacks. It wasn't shaping up to be a pretty game. I think that I just had to take the chance and make my stand here. Of course, it's a huge bonus that if he IS pushing any two (likely) then the call is +EV on its on merits. But larger game factors also apply, IMO.

xJMPx
12-16-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was also taking into account, not just this hand, but what will likely transpire the rest of the game. Constantly having him push into me. Me having a hard time stealing from the bigstacks. It wasn't shaping up to be a pretty game. I think that I just had to take the chance and make my stand here. Of course, it's a huge bonus that if he IS pushing any two (likely) then the call is +EV on its on merits. But larger game factors also apply, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, this is something I don't think I put enough thought into during game play. I have to work on that.

tigerite
12-16-2005, 02:45 PM
This is a pretty easy call, 45s.

tigerite
12-16-2005, 02:46 PM
Oh yeah and he probably never pushes AA here and only sometimes KK so you can factor that into the ranges argument as well.

11t
12-16-2005, 02:49 PM
I think if villain knew hero was a 2+2'r as well than he would be open pushing AA/KK here.

Anyways if I was SB I am pushing AA/KK and any hand within my pushable range. I love shania though.

tigerite
12-16-2005, 02:56 PM
I would almost always push KK and usually AA as well, the only time I might not is if I knew the 2p2'er was a lover of the all-in re-raise move to any sb limp. Which I do myself so I can't fault it too much. Just saying that it's at least possible they aren't in his range.

11t
12-16-2005, 03:09 PM
If I was BB and I knew the SB was a 2+2'r when he incorrectly limped or even more suspiciously raised 3/8 of his stack pf, I would immediately think "oh he has aces, hope I can flop two pair" and proceed to check.

Honestly, I don't even need to take notes on players in SNG's I just note all the people who are regulars at the limits I play. I mean the vast majority play so robotically that their "mixing it up plays" are just as transparent.

Of course if you knew that I knew that you would only limp pf with AA than you could outplay me in a lot of pots, however I don't think most people are that crazy/smart. But then maybe I would catch on and I would know that you knew that I thought... it is a never ending circle of reasoning I guess.

schwza
12-16-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2+2er knows he can push any two here. He only needs to push outside of top 35% for this call to be +EV. Given your "read" on who's doing the pushing, the call isn't debatable in that respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

man, i gotta fire up my sngpt when i get home. i thought this was close but a fold.

12-16-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the 2p2'er was a lover of the all-in re-raise move to any sb limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guilty as charged /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Dr_Jeckyl_00
12-16-2005, 03:41 PM
not sure I call. You are at best facing 2 over cards making you a slight favorite, and at worse a big dog to a higher pair. Given your knowledge that he is 2+2 a call is probably ok, but I think I would still fold... I hate calling, I like pushing 1st!

tigerite
12-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Well I still think there's enough chance he doesn't have AA when he pushes to discount it; which means his range is 22% to call here (22+,A3o+,A2s+,KJo+,KTs+,QJs).

It's easily that much. You need to be a 48.4% favourite to call here and I would without question to a 2+2er.. and to most players for that matter!

Dr_Jeckyl_00
12-16-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great points...

tigerite
12-16-2005, 03:48 PM
There is also the factor that when you call and win you can pwn the current UTG so much and pushbot perfectly into his BB when folded to. This alone is worth some $EV and probably more than most people realise.

durron597
12-16-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just in case this appears to be a stupid question, here's my thinking with the call. Yes I know that I could be dominated but I am likely just a slight favorite. I could pass and push when I'm the SB. But I also know that this crap is never going to stop, so I might as well just take my stand now with likely the better hand. The stack sizes were such that, when it comes around next time, I might find myself in a much worse position, and a much worse hand. Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would call 44 here... I would call any suited ace, not 33/22, and call A6o+, and call KTo+/K8s+. Hm, that's almost exactly what SnGPT says for the default maniac push range... 44+/A5o+/A2s/KTo/K9s to call. (The maniac range is any ace any king any queen J7s+/J9o+/T8s+/98s).

12-16-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given your knowledge that he is 2+2 a call is probably ok, but I think I would still fold... I hate calling, I like pushing 1st!

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it really make a difference if he is a known 2+2r in this particular hand? Is it because you now include 23o to 34s in his range? Does it really matter if he's pushing AK or 75? I prefer saving myself for open-pushing, but for the reasons the OP gave about future opportunities to open-push will be limited because the player to his immediate right is a 2+2r, I think I like this call in this spot.

tigerite
12-16-2005, 03:55 PM
No. The reason that any two is a higher EV is because there are more overcards in his range the more he pushes with rather than overpairs. This should be pretty obvious really.

If he turned over AK you should absolutely call here, there is no question about this.

45suited
12-16-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is also the factor that when you call and win you can pwn the current UTG so much and pushbot perfectly into his BB when folded to. This alone is worth some $EV and probably more than most people realise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a huge consideration, IMO. FWIW, villain had K7s, my hand held up. And yes, I was then able to abuse the current UTG with my chipstack.

durron597
12-16-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And yes, I was then able to abuse the current UTG with my chipstack.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very important argument for calling.