PDA

View Full Version : Title changes

Isura
12-16-2005, 01:28 PM
Some posters have PM'd me asking to have their title (ie carpel/tunnel etc) changed. Am I allowed to do this. If so, how ? Thanks.

Lloyd
12-16-2005, 02:26 PM
We had a rash of title changes early on in the "we now have Mods" era. Some people think it went a little overboard. In MTT, we've only changed the titles of either a) people who have distinguished themselves in major events; or b) people who are our most distinguished posters usually beyond Carpal /Tunnel status - kind of like the next step beyond that level.

My suggestion is to change titles sparingly but you have to be fair so come up with some policy for yourself and stick to it. Many new posters (incorrectly) assume that titles are correlated with skill. And a custom title almost means that you are even more special than others.

To change a title, you'd edit the user profile just like if you're going to change anything else (posting ability, location, URL, avatar, etc.). Click on their name, click Edit this User, and change the title.

MrWookie47
12-16-2005, 02:41 PM
Agreed. I only change titles of people who've truly earned it, and only if they come up with something reasonably clever. For example, I change Tony Palodino's title for his butter eating escapades in OOT, and a guy in micro won a seat in a tourney in the Bahamas, so he got "Pirate of the Caribbean." If they just ask me for a change without having earned it, I tell them to come back to me when they think they've earned something. This not only keeps me from looking like I'm just changing the titles of my friends or whatever, but it encourages people to go out and do something cool, to the betterment, or at least entertainment, of the forum.

Lloyd
12-16-2005, 03:15 PM
I didn't really even think about using titles as a reward for making a major contribution to the forum. Good idea. We've got two people in MTT who spent a lot of time on our FAQ and Anthology.

Isura
12-16-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

To change a title, you'd edit the user profile just like if you're going to change anything else (posting ability, location, URL, avatar, etc.). Click on their name, click Edit this User, and change the title.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do I edit the user profile? I don't see a link to "edit this user" when I view their profile.

I plan to only change the title of one poster for now, I'll keep your suggestions in mind.

Lloyd
12-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Send a PM to Mat. If you can't see the link then he didn't give you all of the access you need. Happened to someone else recently as well.

Sniper
12-16-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Send a PM to Mat. If you can't see the link then he didn't give you all of the access you need. Happened to someone else recently as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Happened to me too, I PM'd Mat!

[censored]
12-16-2005, 05:47 PM
I just change them, unless I don't like the poster than I don't. it breaks about 50/50

PoBoy321
12-16-2005, 06:00 PM
I don't have the edit user link eithere, so I'll have to PM Mat. That said, I was always kinda jealous of people who had special titles. I want one /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

MrWookie47
12-16-2005, 06:03 PM
Now that you're green, you can't have one. Mods can't edit other mods, including themselves.

timprov
12-16-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have the edit user link eithere, so I'll have to PM Mat. That said, I was always kinda jealous of people who had special titles. I want one /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that Cola's red, he should celebrate by retitling all the other mods.

PoBoy321
12-16-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now that you're green, you can't have one. Mods can't edit other mods, including themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that easy bein' green;
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves.
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold-
or something much more colorful like that.

It's not easy bein' green.
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things.
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water- or stars in the sky.

AngryCola
12-21-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to give mods new titles. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
You can post your requests here or contact me by PM.

timprov
12-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Can I be "deucebag"?

Greg J
12-22-2005, 05:59 PM
I want to be "unfuckwithable" but I think that might not happen for obvious reasons. (I guess I'll just remain CT then.)

nolanfan34
12-23-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I want all of you guys to do this. Eventually, there will actually be very few carpal tunnels left. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I only changed titles in the past by request. The one that I did change was "Flop EV Calculator" for BVT - I just couldn't help myself after that thread in the mag forum a while back.

PoBoy321
12-25-2005, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I want "800BB/100" in honor of my 20 buy-in win at a 2+2 table a few weeks ago.

W. Deranged
12-25-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can I be "deucebag"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to say that this is a really awesome title for the mod of the main 2-7 forum...

A lot of my friends call me "D-Bag"... They claims it's a pun on my last name, but I'm not so sure...