PDA

View Full Version : Did I play these correctly?

12-16-2005, 01:07 PM
I played in 2 $5 SNGs at Party Poker and came in 4th and 5th respectively in them. I just want to make sure I made the right move.

1st SNG - I didn't see any cards at all. I eventually played a hand with 4 players left. I had around 450 in chips blinds were at 50/100. I went all in with A5s and got called with AK and lost.

2nd SNG - 1st hand I got AK in late posistion and called a 3x bb raise. I didn't hit the flop so I folded when someone bet. I didn't play another hand until I got AK. Shortstack of 100 chips went all in I was the only player left in the hand and called with AK and lost to his 8. Then I got all my money in, 350 in chips, with AA and doubled up against 66. I eventually came in 5th because I had about 750 in chips with blinds 75/150. I got dealt 1010 and moved all in on a raise. The player had AA.

Your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank.

12-16-2005, 01:13 PM
1st SNG: Assuming you were pushing the A5s (not calling with it), then that looks fine.

2nd SNG: Looks okay too. You lost a race w/ the AK, and ran into a monster w/ the TT when you were short on chips. The only way you could have dumped the TT is w/ a strong read that the raiser was very tight.

All this looks fine; just a bad couple runs of cards.

12-16-2005, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the tips.

I was pushing with A5s in the first game. I just got called.

The second game I had no read on the player with AA. He was chip leader and didn't think he was that strong.

Glad I made the right moves though.

grayhawk
12-16-2005, 01:19 PM
Those plays all look fine, but were your cards that bad or are you perhaps playing a little too tight? Unless almost every hand was raised in front of you, I have to think you were getting good odds to play at least some marginal hands (especially in the blinds) in between your premium holdings. Perhaps you did and it just wasn't in your post. Just food for thought.

12-16-2005, 01:22 PM
The first SNG I got nothing. There wasn't much raising in the first one, so I guess I could have limped with a few, but I really got poor cards.

The second one I got a few marginal hands KJ and such, but there was always a raise when I had them so I folded.

I played very tight in both games, but really didn't see much in terms of cards.