PDA

View Full Version : Short stacks how does they change the way you play?

zaphod
12-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Say its a NL100, 6 max. You have doubled up, and have a stack of 200BB so does another player. The rest of the table consists of short stacks(20-30 BB). Assume the other bigstack will frequently stack you with his TPTK hands.
How does this change the way you play? How often do you limp? How does your position to the other bigstack change matters? I assume that it is very bad if you have the other bigstack right behind you, so you need some compensation(=he plays very bad) to continue playing?

Other comments?

4_2_it
12-16-2005, 12:20 PM
If other big stack has some skill than just do not get into marginal situations with him. Focus on bullying the short stacks.

ajmargarine
12-16-2005, 12:45 PM
In the situation you describe, I would get up and go to another table. Go to where the money is. I'd rather play with 5 other 100 bb stacks, that one 200 stack and 4 25bb stacks. Because you have to adjust your play so much. You have to bully the short stacks, which means playing high card premium hands. Small pp's and small sc's are useless against them in general.

Morrek
12-16-2005, 12:56 PM
I'd most likely leave a table such as the one described. I want atleast a couple ~100bb+ stacks, or only shortstacks (still learning deepstack play)

Exitonly
12-16-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In the situation you describe, I would get up and go to another table. Go to where the money is.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Way.

The guys that buy in short are the best people on earth. You'd think they'd atleast play the short-ish stack well, but they don't. they're the easiest money on the table. and sometimes when you stack them, they buy back in for more.