PDA

View Full Version : Phish

Slow Play Ray
12-16-2005, 09:05 AM
from phish.net:

[ QUOTE ]
12/12/05 - Yes, we've heard. No, nothing official.
We don't normally post rumors here, but are putting this here in part to stop the deluge of ""Oh, my god - have you heard?" emails.

Phish has registered a new domain (as of 11/29/05), www.jemprecords.com (http://www.jemprecords.com), <http://www.jemprecords.com,> with JEMP presumably standing for Jon Ernest Mike Page. It isn't clear whether this is a new label, a new company, or just a site to promo the MSG 12/31/95 release.

The rumor part (as discussed on PT and ohkeepa) is that "Dionysian Productions and JEMP" has purportedly reserved MSG for 10/28/06 and 10/29, and the Philly Spectrum for 10/31/06. Further rumors contend word of a summer 2006 tour. But there is no official confirmation of any of this show news, and at least one source denies that such events are being planned - though does not deny the possiblity of a reunion. As indicated by Trey in recent interviews (that he is "not ruling out playing with Mike, Page and Fish") and in informal conversations (that they are "working on logistics of a Phish comeback") suggest that a reunion is inevitable, though perhaps not imminent.

[/ QUOTE ]

ibankonu
12-16-2005, 09:26 AM
nice, I might get a chance to see them live afterall

mrkilla
12-16-2005, 09:27 AM
WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PoBoy321
12-16-2005, 09:29 AM
Nice, it'll give me a reason to take a trip home next year.

2planka
12-16-2005, 10:25 AM
No time to stash the gumbo, Ray?

The pessimist in me says that this is PR buzz to drive sales of the live record. If it's true, then that's good news.

Riverman
12-16-2005, 10:29 AM
yawn- phish blown and I can't stand the wannabe stoner losers who won't shut up about them

Slow Play Ray
12-16-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yawn- phish blown and I can't stand the wannabe stoner losers who won't shut up about them

[/ QUOTE ]

<--- (big time) wannabe stoner loser

whiskeytown
12-16-2005, 10:33 AM
never could get into jam bands - even stoned....

but I wish them the best of luck....really - I think Trey played with Stewart Copeland, so that make him ok, I guess...LOL - and I hate seeing creative bands break up.

pax
RB

12-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Why weigh on a sunny day?

Ray: Im glide glide glide that youre alive.

mrkilla
12-16-2005, 10:58 AM
Oysterhead was the sh*t !!!

mrkilla
12-16-2005, 10:59 AM
need a "magoo" fest at the next Summer Festival hahaha

Los Feliz Slim
12-16-2005, 11:14 AM
My feelings are mixed about this. The LAST thing in the world anyone wants is for them to periodically get back together for "one more show". If Trey promises to keep his head out of his ass and be in a BAND instead of being a jackass, this could be great. But I really don't want them to do any further harm to their legacy, which happens to be very important to me.

RunDownHouse
12-16-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But I really don't want them to do any further harm to their legacy, which happens to be very important to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? That seems like a very odd statement. Could you explain a little bit more why you have such a vested interest in the public perception of Phish?

Slow Play Ray
12-16-2005, 11:30 AM
I just like Phish shows. As long as they're playing well and Trey's not drunk or strung-out on God-knows-what, I don't care why they're playing, or what anyone thinks about them.

mrkilla
12-16-2005, 11:30 AM
well if you read up, apparently they were all in drug coma's , i mean its a known fact that Trey like his Wine and blow, but apparently it was becoming a "habit" instead of something to party with

KDawgCometh
12-16-2005, 12:43 PM
WOOHOO. When I was at the Trey show at roseland, He brought out page, and said that they were calling their little band, "half-way there." He has also been playing tons of phish songs at his shows(well, not tons, but, ya know)

Clarkmeister
12-16-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Los Feliz Slim
12-16-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But I really don't want them to do any further harm to their legacy, which happens to be very important to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? That seems like a very odd statement. Could you explain a little bit more why you have such a vested interest in the public perception of Phish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I didn't phrase that correctly, I was referring more to how I remember Phish (and the crowd who followed them) from 1989-1996. So I guess it's a personal legacy. Those were my formative years, and many of my hardest AND most cherished memories were while travelling to shows and/or listening to the music. This may be a function of my own naivete, but when Trey started getting so [censored] up and self-centered, I took it personally.

tolbiny
12-16-2005, 01:20 PM
November 2001-
2 guys, 93 civic- cleveland -> sandiego.
1 tape.

I hate phish, i still wake up with that [censored] DAVID BOWIE "song" running through my head.

God i [censored] hate phish.

Slow Play Ray
12-16-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i still wake up with that [censored] DAVID BOWIE "song" running through my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

catchy, isn't it? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

mrkilla
12-16-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i still wake up with that [censored] DAVID BOWIE "song" running through my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

catchy, isn't it? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

UB 40

KJS
12-16-2005, 02:28 PM
About 4 years ago my wife was working at a little lunch spot inside Pike Place Market that sells totally awesome fish sandwhiches and chowder (Market Grill). One of the guys there was huge Phish fan and one year had turned Trey onto their grub, which he rightfully loved. So the next time Trey came to Seattle for a tour, he came by to eat. (IIRC it was the first show a new solo tour, maybe 2001?).

About an hour or two after Trey's visit, I was there having lunch and these guys showed up who were obviosly in town to see the show. They are going on and on about Phish, eventually mentioning they had flow FROM BRAZIL to see the show. Jesus Christ.

My wife, never one to miss a good opportunity, jumps in with "You know he ate here today". They of course went on and on asking what he ordered, what was he like, etc.. My wife humors them with honest answers for a bit before saying: "Then he said 'I really don't get it why people are so gaga over us. I mean, flying all over the world to see a concert? Those people need to get a life.'"

The look on their faces was priceless. I could barely contain myself watching their jaws nearly hit the floor when they thought they beloved hero dissed them. She eventually fessed up so their worldview could be reconstructed but that was one precious moment I will never forget.

KJS

mrkilla
12-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Trey enever understood or understands why people flcok to him or the band. Jerry had the same problem. He never wanted to be called the leader of the gretful dead but he surely was.

Slow Play Ray
12-16-2005, 02:32 PM
that's a pretty funny story, i can picture it.

12-16-2005, 04:01 PM
please let this happen. i caught the new years run in miami a couple years ago, and it was ridiculous. my one regret in my thus far short life is i didnt get into the dead in time to see jerry play live.

tangent: any comments on the dead taking all the soundboards off archive.org? personally, i give it two thumbs down and i think jerry is spinning in his grave right now.

KDawgCometh
12-16-2005, 04:01 PM
well, what led to this most recent breakup is trey really getting into Oxy's. He was really off for the entire summer tour because he was really messed up from them. I'm assuming that he has it under control now, or is done with them for the most part, because his play at Roseland 5 weeks ago was night and day from his play at Coventry. 5 Weeks ago he was on point and looking like he was having fun on stage again

mrkilla
12-16-2005, 04:14 PM
whats funny is i never used archive.org until very very recently , like 2 days before they pulled them . I always used furthernet.org or gdlive.com always foudn what i needed. However it seemed Archive had "everything" that I could ever want.

But alas, its gone now, Hopefully Bobby pulls the stick out his ass and lets us download again. I cant see this falling on Phil or the rest of the Band

astroglide
12-16-2005, 05:22 PM
for those that have hdtv trey's interview on matt pinfield's show 'sound off' (hdnet) was great. not coming from a phish guy either, it an objectively good interview.

bobbyi
12-16-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He was really off for the entire summer tour because he was really messed up from them. I'm assuming that he has it under control now, or is done with them for the most part, because his play at Roseland 5 weeks ago was night and day from his play at Coventry.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. I had a great time at Coventry and at the Vegas shows in the spring before that, but you could definitely tell that Trey was off somehow and lots of stuff was super sloppy and even though I was sad about them breaking up and didn't want it to happen, I could understand why.

But then I saw Trey when he played in Seattle in the fall this year and he seemed like he was totally on and sharp and focussed. It was completely different. The band he was playing with was nowhere near as good as Phish, but I still enjoyed the show a lot and seeing him like that made me sad that phish isn't together anymore because it feels like with Trey in that shape they could play some really topnotch stuff right now.

mrkilla
12-16-2005, 06:24 PM
and thats what he says too, hes clear headed, and the band he plays with now is "no Phish" hes going to want to make music with the guys again soon enough. maybe not full "tour" schedules but a few here and there . Atleast never full retired.
Plus I dont think they liked how it went down in Coventry. All the rain , all the people stuck . all the people who couldnt get there.

bobbyi
12-16-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the band he plays with now is "no Phish" hes going to want to make music with the guys again soon enough. maybe not full "tour" schedules but a few here and there .

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. Even when they came back from hiatus, it was pretty clear that a full tour schedule of the kind they used to do was never happening again. They have families now and aren't willing to spend the sort of massive time on the road that they used to. But if they every come back, I hope their schedule isn't too minimal.

At first the idea of having less shows and doing more short runs and less full tours sounded like it could be cool because it would make the times that they play really special and if you catch a few shows, rather than there being lots of people there who had seen twenty shows in the past few weeks and were a little burned out and comparing this one to the rest, everyone would be super exicted because it would be the first and last chance to see them for months. But that isn't really how it played out. It felt like they really need the longish tours because what they do is hard and they need to stay in practice by playing a lot to really be sharp. The quality won't be what it was if they continually take months and months off and then come back for just a few shows.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus I dont think they liked how it went down in Coventry. All the rain , all the people stuck . all the people who couldnt get there.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do feel sorry for anyone who couldn't make it there, but overall I loved the way things went. We were amongst the masses who abandoned our cars and headed to the festival on foot from the highway and that whole experience was great. Everyone who had been trapped in their cars for hours or days and been increasingly worried about getting in was suddenly free and on their way there so everyone was super happy and we were all in it together and the scenery there was just so beautiful. It just felt like a fitting ending: Everyone walking together through through rural Vermont feeling super excited and happy and having left behind all the [censored] they don't really need in their car and not even worrying about what was going to happen when it was over or how we would get back.

mrkilla
12-16-2005, 07:03 PM
General Feeling around the headies I know is that we "might" see them summer of next year, for a shortie tour no festival. And another Festival some where in 2k7

Perhaps a miami style show for NYE, or a return to MSG for a short run.

But overall people are thinking theres going to be a short 5 show run somewhere next year , Probably North East, (VT through Virgina Beach) to see where they stand

In the mean time we got the Vibes, Moe Down and whatever else comes along.

I've only got to see them the past 7 years and still feel robbed.

I would kill for a GH set...I really though we were going to get one at Coventry /images/graemlins/frown.gif