PDA

View Full Version : Question about preflop blinds play...

dawade
12-16-2005, 05:49 AM
I'm new to NL cash games, but I am learning quicker than expected. But I am struggling from the blinds (SB especially).

I was wondering how do you guys play hands like AJo and AQo from the SB and BB? With no limpers you would obviously raise, but what about if there have been 2-3 limpers? What if you are facing a raise?

Thanks guys. Love this forum.

PoBoy321
12-16-2005, 05:57 AM
It depends on whether it's full ring or 6-max and the exact number of limpers. I generally just complete from the blinds, I'll call a raise with AQ, fold AJ.

4_2_it
12-16-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It depends on whether it's full ring or 6-max and the exact number of limpers. I generally just complete from the blinds, I'll call a raise with AQ, fold AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition, it depends on who is raising. If a 14/2 is raising UTG, I'm folding anything but pp and AKs in the sb. If a 85/74 is open-raising from the button I might push with AQ.

PinkSteel
12-16-2005, 10:54 AM
I posted an AQo SB hand long ago. The one reply I distinctly remember was from soah, who basically said that AQo was a pretty easy fold vs. a real raise from SB. It was then that I began to appreciate what a lousy position SB really is.

I agree with others that reads on villains matter hugely for your play with these two. But assuming decent, relatively TAG opponents, I generally:

Complete AJo but fold it to a raise of any kind.
Complete AQo and call a minraise, but fold to any real raise.

Grossly general, but these guidelines keep me from shooting myself in the **** a lot of the time.

beavens
12-16-2005, 10:57 AM
<nc>i hate the sb with a passion.</nc>