PDA

View Full Version : playing in the dark

J.Brown
07-20-2003, 05:02 PM
I have witnessed some serious gambling at the poker table in the form of "playing in the dark." You know the raising and re-raising without looking at your cards that is sometimes done with the serious maniacs in low limit games. It seems to be most effective in Omaha-Split when some strange starting hands can make the nuts, anyway, I saw a new version of this I thought I would share.

Our hero is gambling it up "in the dark" in a super soft 4-8 split game when he starts in with this "new" play. He is raising and re-raising, getting the pots heads-up and going 10 to 15 bets on the turn and even the river, until either the other player submits to him and calss or wants to stack off all of his chips because our hero's opponent has the nuts.

This system went on for a couple of hours, with our hero making some unbelievable hands in some unbelievably big pots and then lightning strikes.

After putting in a large number of bets our hero starts FOLDING IN THE DARK!!!!!!!!!

for no apparent reason he would fold on any street for maybe the first bet or maybe the eighth one, who knows?

He could have had the nuts everytime he did this, but who knows?

I have seen some funny stuff at a poker table, the dark bet, the dark call, the check dark, even the old I am all-in in the dark, but has anyone ever, ever, ever witnessed the DARK FOLD? truly a dark and disturbing play. I have been laughing about it for days. later--J.Brown

**MR.MANHATTAN**
07-20-2003, 06:04 PM
Now that is funny,disturbing also. I personally,most recently at the reno hilton,went all in re raising in the dark in a kill pot......at the showdown the ladie shows pocket k-k with all low garbage on board and i turn over a three and everone says the only way i could win is a three......BANG!....#d......a straight...lady yells at me....i go on to get even +4$.......But fold in the dark after betting.......Insane ,my hero.