PDA

View Full Version : Party Took Back my Bonus!!

JackOfSpeed
12-16-2005, 04:46 AM
So Party took back my 30to100more bonus, apparently because i had cashed out within the promotion period. I thought the consensus was that Party didn't care about that, only Empire did...or is this situation par for the course? What's weirdest is they put the money in my bonus account, sent me an email confirming I had the money in my bonus account, I was halfway done clearing the bonus (several hundred hands, mind you) when I realize they expired the damn thing on me.

I didn't see anything (and still don't) anywhere on Party's website or the link they provided me to the bonus details about a "no cashout" restriction.

Here's the exchange we've had thus far...

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

We understand your concerns regarding the elapsed bonus. However, we see that you made a Cash Out during the bonus qualifying period, and prior to using the bonus code.

The bonus restrictions do not allow for a Cash Out during this period. This is why it is showing as elapsed on your account.

This restriction applies to all bonuses offered by us unless otherwise stated. To avoid disappointment please check carefully the terms and conditions of all promotions before making a deposit in the future.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Sid
Poker Customer Care

Hello,

There seems to be something gone wrong with the 30to100more bonus I deposited for yesterday! The bonus is not showing up in my bonus account any more. This does not make any sense -- the bonus is not supposed to expire until December 21, and yet it appears that it has already expired! Please restore my bonus and credit my account with the raked hands I have played since deposit

When I log in to the "My Account" segment of the website, I see the following:

Purchase-30TO100MORE

2005-12-14 23:05:13.0

2005-12-21 23:05:13.0

Elapsed

Thanks,

12-16-2005, 04:49 AM
Lesson learned?

JackOfSpeed
12-16-2005, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lesson learned?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, other than that jah7_fsu1 is a useless contributor to the forum. *ignore*

I still don't see anything anywhere on the site that cites any rule like this...little help, please.

12-16-2005, 05:05 AM
I actually wasn't meaning that in a sarcastic manner believe it or not...I've just always waited to cash out till after clearing the bonus, even though it doesn't matter on some sites. I'm too paranoid about losing it. Perhaps try e-mailing them again or explaining your situation and they will let you have this one back.

mackthefork
12-16-2005, 05:13 AM
Well I have just done the same thing, I cashed out about 3 days ago or so, they haven't taken it yet, I have another 100 hands to clear, I play there all the time though, I will be very irritated if they take it off me for cashing out.

Mack

CrashPat
12-16-2005, 06:05 AM
On the page http://www.partypoker.com/offers/deposit_30to100_more_071205.htm

[ QUOTE ]

If you cash out any amount from your PartyPoker.com account during the Bonus Period, but prior to making a qualifying deposit, you are ineligible for the deposit bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think they can be more clear than that, this is what it sounds like happened to you.

stlip
12-16-2005, 06:36 AM
There might still be hope. Party tends to start bonus periods before they get around to telling people. If you cashed out before you received an e-mail about the bonus you can give them the timeline and they may restore your bonus.

Worked for me once in a similar situation.

JackOfSpeed
12-16-2005, 06:57 AM
Thanks Pat -- that's weird, I don't remember seeing that when I was looking at the Ts and Cs...guess I had selective vision /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Well, at least now I don't feel like I'm getting screwed. Guess there is a "lesson learned" after all /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'll keep begging PP Support to cut me a break....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If you cash out any amount from your PartyPoker.com account during the Bonus Period, but prior to making a qualifying deposit, you are ineligible for the deposit bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think they can be more clear than that, this is what it sounds like happened to you.

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

roundest
12-16-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, they could be more clear. They use the phrase, "but prior to making a qualifying deposit" as a qualifier here. If I've already made the qualifying deposit, then where does it say that I can't withdraw without forfeiting my bonus?

Sniper
12-16-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, they could be more clear. They use the phrase, "but prior to making a qualifying deposit" as a qualifier here. If I've already made the qualifying deposit, then where does it say that I can't withdraw without forfeiting my bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you receive notification of a reload bonus, or hear that someone else did, you should not request a withdrawal... simple!

Xcalibur
12-16-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've assume you're referring to OP's predicament?

[ QUOTE ]

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

We understand your concerns regarding the elapsed bonus. However, we see that you made a Cash Out during the bonus qualifying period, and prior to using the bonus code.

The bonus restrictions do not allow for a Cash Out during this period. This is why it is showing as elapsed on your account.

This restriction applies to all bonuses offered by us unless otherwise stated. To avoid disappointment please check carefully the terms and conditions of all promotions before making a deposit in the future.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Sid
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

So I think he made a withdrawal during the bonus period and then tried to go for the bonus. PP probably messed up and gave it to him (even though he's not eligible). They then realize it later, and killed the bonus.

mackthefork
12-16-2005, 12:17 PM
I was in Tesco a while back, they gave me a free custard pie, I was almost out the door, when I was strong-armed by two burly security guards. They said to me, that I need to give them back the custard pie, a mistake was made, and I wasn't entitled to the promotion, well I told them the truth, that I had eaten it. So they sedated me and gave me an enema, and dumped me by a motor-way in germany and tried to blame the [censored] CIA. Needless to say, I won't be shopping there again soon.

Regards Mack

dibbs
12-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Consensus be damned.

Party cares.

JackOfSpeed
12-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Party just gave me the hookup - got the bonus after all! holla

MicroBob
12-16-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Well I have just done the same thing, I cashed out about 3 days ago or so, they haven't taken it yet, I have another 100 hands to clear

[/ QUOTE ]

you did not do the same thing. The OP cashed-out before making the deposit.
You cashed-out AFTER making the deposit (but before you finished clearing the requirement...which is fine on party...I have done this too).

It's like pokerstars now in this respect.
Don't cash-out BEFORE making the deposit for the bonus. Basically, they just don't want you recycling the same money you already have in the account in order to get the bonus. They want you depositing new money.

12-16-2005, 11:27 PM
They want you depositing new money.

Which is completely asinine given that you can withdraw money after the bonus is cleared. I have more than enough money to deposit $500 that I am getting back in a week anyways. I'm not sure what they can accomplish with the money in a week. I understand Eurobet begging for money, but PP bonuses clear so fast it's a silly pointless charade making me deposit anything at all. I cash out regularly into a bank account anyways since I don;t like having more than 10 buyin's sitting on their site, so I just take care of it all at once. Waste of my time.

MicroBob
12-17-2005, 07:07 AM
"Which is completely asinine given that you can withdraw money after the bonus is cleared."

It's a waste of time for you and me.
but it's a relatively harmless and simple policy that DOES work for them.

Once the money is in there some people are just lazy about cashing it out.
Next thing they know they have an extra $100 in their account from the bonus...and since they were so lazy to cash-out they decide to 'take a shot' at a higher limit...where they proceed to lose at 10/20 or in a $215 tourney.

Lots of people are like you and me and cash it out...and party covers the neteller fee on those cash-outs so they lose some money there.
But that's more than made up for by just getting people to put $500 in there in the first place because enough of those will just reason 'why cash it out since I'm going to want to play again some other time anyway?'

In other words, the policy isn't in there for you. It's for all the gambooolers on party who are a bit dim (and who also happen to make the games as good as they are...so be thankful they have the policy...it helps keep the fish playing more frequently).