PDA

View Full Version : Final Table: Party $40k

MSUcougar
12-16-2005, 04:33 AM
Not the most I've played for, but by far the biggest field I've made FT in...

sweat if you'd like /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chipleader at the moment...

KneeCo
12-16-2005, 04:34 AM
watching, GL.

TwistedEcho
12-16-2005, 04:42 AM
he mentions a 9 way even chop....

aww thats cute

ZBTHorton
12-16-2005, 04:47 AM
Don't make fun of it. The other day I watched one that was 9 handed, w/ 8 guys ready to make a deal and one guy BEGGING the last guy to talk.

ZBTHorton
12-16-2005, 05:10 AM
This FT is making me go to sleep.

MSUcougar
12-16-2005, 05:13 AM
lol ya not much aggression really....

trying /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Annulus
12-16-2005, 05:23 AM
im watchin now. but whats ur screen name? gl.

MSUcougar
12-16-2005, 05:25 AM
I'm MSUcougar... just busted 7th...

12-16-2005, 05:37 AM
Nice payout. Its unreal manuevering through feilds like that. I just realized that ive played against you many times in this tourney. Nice score.

12-16-2005, 09:51 AM
Outstanding.

I played this tourney tonight and made it to 65th before going out. It is unbelievably difficult negotiating through a field of 2200 players that are largely donks. You simply have to have some good hands and maximize their value and identify players at your table that are capable of having a move made on them. Identifying the extreme difference in ranges helps too.

Great job, MSUcougar. How did you bust out? Any thoughts on getting to the FT in a field like this?

dealcloser
12-16-2005, 01:22 PM
I have had zero luck with this tourney for the past few weeks. Last week, I busted out 4 days in a row with AA, I overplayed it once and was sucked out on the other three times.

I have been playing in the Party $40k and the Stars 10+R everynight. One of these days I will go deep!

collarpop

Boris
12-16-2005, 03:41 PM
GO Bobcats!!!!!

12-16-2005, 04:20 PM
In my opinion these type of tourneys are not complicated. Patience and value betting are both at a premium. Differentiating between decent players and donks is also muy importante.

Add in some luck and every once and awhile you score. That's the formula I am trying, at least. I finished second in a large sized $33 a few nights ago and have been doing decent so far in these sized MTTs.

MSUcougar
12-16-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Outstanding.

I played this tourney tonight and made it to 65th before going out. It is unbelievably difficult negotiating through a field of 2200 players that are largely donks. You simply have to have some good hands and maximize their value and identify players at your table that are capable of having a move made on them. Identifying the extreme difference in ranges helps too.

Great job, MSUcougar. How did you bust out? Any thoughts on getting to the FT in a field like this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've had some pretty good success in this tournament. I got 55th the night before this... I think the key, like you said, is to get maximum value for your strong hands. I also find it incredibly easy to steal blinds once they start getting large in this tourney. You just have to pick your spots (position, weak tighties, etc). I've found people are much less likely to play back at you in a tourney like this as opposed to higher buyins such as the Supers...

I was chipleader at the FT for awhile until I pushed over a raise with 88 and the guy had QQ... then later on as a mid stack tried a resteal in BB and lost the 60/40.