PDA

View Full Version : This is why I love AK OOP

12-16-2005, 01:32 AM
My image is T/LAG - playing a decent amount of hands with LOTS of raising. Maybe my opponent picked up on this on the turn and tried to make a move?
Villian is 30/3 after 130 hands, fairly weak-tight to say the least. Haven’t watched any of his hands in particular, but with stats like those, I think he should be respected.

***** Hand History for Game 2894860179 *****
$25 NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, December 15, 23:29:20 EDT 2005
Table Table 36649 (6 max) (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 6: HERO ( $112.75 )
Seat 2: VILLIAN ( $26 )
Seat 5: cemack ( $33.70 )
Seat 1: njb1906 ( $29.80 )
Seat 4: mrbeyond ( $3.45 )
Seat 3: austinleegay ( $26.65 )
HERO posts small blind [$0.10].
njb1906 posts big blind [$0.25].

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
VILLIAN calls [$0.25].
austinleegay folds.
mrbeyond calls [$0.25].
cemack folds.
HERO raises [$1.60].
njb1906 calls [$1.45].
VILLIAN calls [$1.45].
mrbeyond folds.

** Dealing Flop ** [ A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
HERO bets [$3.45].
njb1906 folds.
VILLIAN calls [$3.45].

** Dealing Turn ** [ 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
HERO checks.
VILLIAN bets [$5].
HERO calls [$5].

** Dealing River ** [ K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
HERO checks.
VILLIAN is all-In.
HERO: got set?
VILLIAN: no
HERO: think u got the 22
HERO did not respond in time.
HERO folds.
VILLIAN does not show cards.
VILLIAN wins $37

my thinking:
on turn, I didn't see it to be a big deal to give a free card. Maybe I should have bet. Backdoor FD !AND! broadway draw. ...and also to control the size of pot. sigh i HATE being OOP with TPTK

river - perfect card for a c/c but the fact that he went ALL IN just scurred me away - I was getting about 2/1 odds here but I honestly put him on a set of 2ces. then again, 22 or 10 10 or broadway are the ONLY possible holdings he could have that beat me - I was pondering the decision but eventually the timer ran out...sigh

What do ya'll think?

12-16-2005, 03:09 AM
is that not the worst weak-tight play ever?

wdeadwyler
12-16-2005, 04:24 AM
c/r that turn. Or lead.

Cosimo
12-16-2005, 04:26 AM
He has one of two things: (1) a hand that crushes you, or (2) crap, and he thinks you raised PF with 78s or something and he's trying to look you up. I really don't understand #2 but I make a good bit of money from it. I also probably fold too often because of it, too.

For the odds, ... dunno. I posted a somewhat similar hand (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4209701&an=0&page=0#Post 4209701) where I was getting even better odds to call even tho the river brought a scary card.

Saying "that's weak-tight" only marginally helps. Yeah, great, I play too weak-tight. What does he have? How often? Was a mistake made earlier in the hand that would have prevented his behavior?

theweatherman
12-16-2005, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He has one of two things: (1) a hand that crushes you, or (2) crap, and he thinks you raised PF with 78s or something and he's trying to look you up. I really don't understand #2 but I make a good bit of money from it. I also probably fold too often because of it, too.

For the odds, ... dunno. I posted a somewhat similar hand (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4209701&an=0&page=0#Post 4209701) where I was getting even better odds to call even tho the river brought a scary card.

Saying "that's weak-tight" only marginally helps. Yeah, great, I play too weak-tight. What does he have? How often? Was a mistake made earlier in the hand that would have prevented his behavior?

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, why do you want to prevent this behavior? There are probably about a dozen or so hands that play like this. Here bets teh flop, check/calls turn and checks river, the villian is most certainly not afraid. He could have almost any ace/two pair/or set.

This is very weak tight. If you had chack raised the turn and gotten three bet then you could fold. But folding here is garbage.

trumpman84
12-16-2005, 05:27 AM
I'd say dont call the turn if you plan on folding the river when the 2nd best card in the deck comes.

GimmeDaWatch
12-16-2005, 05:30 AM
Ya, I think you need to lead the turn. Tight players holding a big hand will generally let you know with a raise on the turn. Check-calling gives you no information here and its not like youre exactly keeping the pot small for the river when he moves in with a roughly pot sized bet. Given a standard tight player's calling range preflop, it doesnt look like there's much you beat here (besiades maybe AT but even thats a stretch if he's really that tight) if he's not bluffing, but I don't think there's anyway I could fold on the river given the action. Bet the turn, if you're raised then you can give it up, makes it a whole lot easier.