PDA

View Full Version : KK hand

GimmeDaWatch
12-16-2005, 01:05 AM
Sorry dont have the hand history but the action is pretty simple. This hand was played on the $50 NL table on Bodog, where as many of you know, the play is uhhhh, pretty shaky alot of the time. I have about $65 and villain covers. I havent seen him before but he hasnt done anything crazy in
the 30 minutes or so I've been at the table. He opens for $2 in MP and I make it $4.50 w/KK from the CO (yes, I know I usually re-raise more but for whatever reason I decided not to this time). All others fold and he calls. Flop comes: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Villain checks, I bet out $7.50, villain min-checkraises to $15, and I call. Turn is an offsuit 3, and Villain bets outs $23. I will only have $23 left if I call this bet so this is obviously pot-commitment time on the turn. Thoughts?

FreakDaddy
12-16-2005, 01:09 AM
As you stated raise more pre-flop.

Stick it on the turn. If he outflopped you, then so be it (there's only one reasonable hand you're behind). There's a lot of hands you're ahead of here.

GimmeDaWatch
12-16-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As you stated raise more pre-flop.

Stick it on the turn. If he outflopped you, then so be it (there's only one reasonable hand you're behind). There's a lot of hands you're ahead of here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there are 2 reasonable hands. There is also about a 20% chance he is a total donkey, given that it is Bodog, but Im ignoring that for now.

stealyourface
12-16-2005, 01:15 AM
pooooooooosh.

make it 7 preflop.

fathertime
12-16-2005, 01:34 AM
aa, qq I guess. 50/50 + 20 added in 'cause it is BODOOGG makes this an easy decision!

GimmeDaWatch
12-16-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
aa, qq I guess. 50/50 + 20 added in 'cause it is BODOOGG makes this an easy decision!

[/ QUOTE ]

And TT and JJ. Its a little strange b/c many people wouldnt play JJ or QQ this strongly on the turn, and many people wouldnt play AA this way. Any thoughts other than poooooooooooooooooooooooooosh?

fathertime
12-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Not really--it is so player dependent and even then things ain't clear, 'cause play at 50nl tables is so variable.

At this level some always read a reraise preflop as aa, kk, qq. Others don't look beyond the flop and their own hand.

Against a weak passive postflop player--I'm folding. Against a donk, I'm counting my chips. Against others, I'm uncertain.

GimmeDaWatch
12-17-2005, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not really--it is so player dependent and even then things ain't clear, 'cause play at 50nl tables is so variable.

At this level some always read a reraise preflop as aa, kk, qq. Others don't look beyond the flop and their own hand.

Against a weak passive postflop player--I'm folding. Against a donk, I'm counting my chips. Against others, I'm uncertain.

[/ QUOTE ]

True enough. Dunno if I was being preoccupied with the results in this hand, but I was really disappointed with myself afterwards. I flat called on the turn knowing I would call allin on the river rather than raising so he would fire it all-in w/QQ/JJ/AT or whatever. I was REALLY thinking AA after the flop minraise b/c I've had people run this identical line on me before in the same situation. He did in fact have AA. While its obviously an unlucky situation for me to be in, I more or less acted too rashly without thinking it through completely but I feel, given how the hand played out, that I should have folded the turn. I think most decent players are gonna have me beat here with that bet on the turn and that Im behind AA/TT alot more than Im ahead of QQ-JJ/bluff. When I played the tighter, more solid games on Stars in the past, I think I could find a fold here alot of the time, but on Bodog the players are far worse and more wild so I end up paying off the unknown solid players alot more than I probably should.