PDA

View Full Version : Saddam's sandbag.

Jedi Poker
07-20-2003, 12:41 PM
It turns out that Saddam Hussein may have pulled back his troops and supplies from the battlefield long BEFORE our troops entered Baghdad. This could explain why Baghdad fell so easily once our troops got there.

The purpose of this pull back was to allow us in and give us control so that they can then mount a guerilla campaign against us with the aim of destablization. They know our country as a whole is traumatized by memories of the quagmire in Vietnam. They know that in our two party political structure that they can count on the other party (the Democrats in this case) to undermine the will of the American people in their support of the current administration's policies. In short, "Divide and conquer" because "A house divided cannot stand".

As I pointed out in a thread entitled "Fictional Scenario" which a wrote way back when our troops haven't yet reached Baghdad, Saddam's purpose for pulling back his supplies and his troops was to launch a subversive campaign aimed at turning Iraq into a pill too bitter for us to swallow. I predicted Saddam and/or his supporters would use querilla tactics to kill the soldiers, the diplomats, and the civilians whom we would send there to re-build Iraq.

This pull back tactic is nothing new. Genghis Khan used it extensively during his rise to power. So did Mao Tse Tung. It was also the topic of the debate among the German commanders who were in charge of planning the defense of Normandy during World War II. Field Marshall Von Rundstedt wanted to deny us from taking a beachhead to begin with, while Field Marshall Rommel wanted us in so that they could then counter us ONCE we got in. Fortunately, Hitler decided to do both and thus made each plan compromise each other making our job easier in the process.

I'm confident that Saddam will not get away with his pull back in order to mount a subversive campaign tactic. He will be caught and put to justice (hopefully killed). His WMD will be found. And in 30 years time, Iraq will become very prosperous and become the China of the Middle East. It has been afterall a country of entrepreneurs for the past 3000 years.