PDA

View Full Version : Playing online for a living, week 12

davidross
07-20-2003, 12:28 PM
I have decided to compromise. I don’t want to make twice a day updates anymore, but I’ve had a number of people say they would like to keep reading the updates, so I think I will make twice a week summaries. I’m making this one on Wednesday morning.

I made a decision for this week anyway to play only Party 3/6, 3 tables at a time. Because they have so many games going at all times of the day I am going to try and play a little more during the day, and get to bed at an earlier hour. This will allow me to function in the morning when my kids get up since my wife is trying to use the morning to study for her comprehensive exam on Aug. 5. That’s a biggie for her. If she fails she has to re-take it on Aug 12th , and we are due to be in Maine on August 9th, so she better pass.(She’s been getting all A’s so I’m not too worried). The only difficulty I’m finding is that it’s not as easy to play 3 tables for a long period of time as it was for me to play 2 tables. I need to get up and take breaks far more often than I did before. I’m trying to play from 12:00 noon to 5:00 PM, then from 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM.

We played soccer in a monsoon last night. The boys will remember that game for the rest of their lives. It absolutely teemed right before the game started. I was soaked to the skin, my shoes were full of water. The boys were sliding all over the field. It was great. It was very warm which saved us from having a bunch of sick kids today. We won 2-0.

Now Poker. 3 days, 3 more wins. That’s 13 straight wins at 3/6, for a total of $4,500. $370 on Sunday, $502 on Monday and $580 yesterday. I know it’s going to have to end somewhere, but as long as the quality of play stays as poor as it is, I’ll have to have a dreadful run of cards just to break even. These games were made for me. I can play lots of hands, build pots at the right time and let mathematics do the rest. I’m starting to see more and more 2+2’ers which isn’t a good thing. 3 of us played one table last night, and it played much tighter and more conventional than usual. Because I’m playing 3 tables, I don’t want to have to think too hard about what they think I have. I want straightforward players. To be perfectly honest some of these guys are so bad you can’t put them on a hand at all. My KJo got rivered by a J2 last night played from EP. I couldn’t put anyone on that, and paid his river raise.

Here are some of the adjustments I’ve made for these 3/6 games.

I am raising less pre-flop. At Paradise I would raise hands to try and steal blinds, to limit the field, and for variance as well as to build pots for my big hands. In the Party 3/6 games I am raising only to build a pot. Most of these players decide to play based on their cards, and it doesn’t matter if it costs them 1, 2 or even 4 bets, they are going to play. So I’m not raising ATo or AJo unless I’m first in from LP. I have raised and won the blinds exactly once in 2 weeks from EP. I don’t like raising AJ, being called in 4 places then trying to play a shaky top pair in a big pot.

I am back to playing any pocket pair from anywhere for 1 bet. If I think there will be 5 players or more, I’ll call 2 as well. Sometimes the tables are a little tighter or I’ll be in MP with no callers in front of me, then I’ll drop the smaller pairs. Flopping sets is making a large percentage of my money. These guys stay with any part of the flop, gut shots and bottom pair, and I love having someone drawing dead and paying me off.

I’ll play any suited connectors, 65 and up from anywhere for 1 bet. Same as the pairs, building big pots on the draw, is making me a lot of money. If I have a 4 flush or an open ender, you can quite often get 4 or 5 opponents to put in 2 or more bets on the flop.

I am folding on the flop a lot. I’m not chasing at all. Raise AK pre flop. Flop T73 rainbow. I check and fold to a bet. Too many guys calling your raise with Ax, and now I can’t count on my Ace being any good if it turns or rivers. Flop big or get out.

No slowplaying, unless I’m huge and there is action in front of me. Just bet. Someone will chase.

No tilting when I get sucked out on. It will happen. Again and again. It has to when they chase like they do. Just keep remembering how much you made when your hand held up.

Playing suited Aces is trickier. Clearly they are good hands when flopping a flush draw, but they have deceptive value when an A flops. I am much more willing to stay at Party with a weak A then I was at Paradise. Of course the problem at Party is 4 guys will call with 2nd or 3rd pair so it’s less clear whether you’re A is good or not.

As an example, last night I raised 4 players from the SB with AA. 2 of them called, the 3rd raised me all in (Only 1 dollar more) and I was able to 3 bet when it got back to me. So 4 of us paid 3 bets, and the other was all in for $7. Flop was As Qs 3h. I bet and got called by all 3. Turn was 8d. I was bet into and raised with the nuts. Everyone called both bets. River brought the 6s. Crap!! I bet anyway and got called in 2 places. One caller had K3, no spades, the guy who bet into me on the turn had K8, no spades, and the all in guy had TJo. I can’t pretend to understand it. But I’m not complaining.

This happens again and again. I raise pre-flop with AK, and get callers. Flop Axx. I bet and everyone calls. No one folds on the flop, another adjustment. Turn is a K. I bet and some fold. River is a scare card and someone bets into me. I call and they have bottom pair. Over and over again. I guess I’m value calling on the river.

Finally, who’s the fish here. I raise from the button with black Kings. 5 of us see the flop for 2 bets. Flop Ah Th Ts. I can’t think of a much worse flop for me. In this game it’s even worse because you really won’t know where you are. Checked to me and I decide to bet. I don’t consider this chasing, because there is a good chance I’m ahead. But if I’m behind I’m probably staying behind. I get 3 calls. I considered checking, but didn’t want to give the flush draw a free card. Turn was the 4c. Checked to me so I bet again. 3 callers again. River brought the wonderful Kh. EP player bets. One caller and I raise. EP 3 bets. Caller folds and I smirk and cap it. Thank god it wasn’t no-limit. He had Qh Jh for the Royal. OUCH!!!

One other comment on the week so far. Twice more I’ve folded a winner on the river. It doesn’t bother me to fold on the flop, and see my cards come up later. But once I get to the river I need to remember that these players aren’t normal. The first time I had a straight but saw a 4th Heart river. There was a bet and a call in front of me and I mucked. The bettor had rivered a set and the other guy had top pair. The 2nd time I had A3s on the button, and saw the flop come AK9 with one of my suit. There was a bet and a call to me and I called. Turn was a 7 of my suit, bet call and I called again. River was an offsuit J, Bet, call and I mucked. K8 beat K6.

Sunday Morning

4 more days and 4 more wins. 17 straight winning days at Party 3/6. I owe eMark a beer or two for pushing me to switch sites, and I can’t remember which one of you gave me the idea of playing 3 3/6 tables, but I owe you too. Wednesday and Thursday, I was card dead. I am playing around 1,500 hands a day, and each day I won only 7% of my hands. Rivered again and again. And still I won $299 on Wednesday and $231 on Thursday. On both days I was dead even for the afternoon sessions, but pulled out wins in the evening. Then Friday I got better cards and won $434, and Saturday I won another $440. So for the week I’m up $2,860, and my bankroll is healthy again. During the 17 day streak since I started playing 3/6 I’m up $5,900.

Maybe I should stop talking about how good these games are. Two or three times this week I found myself at a table with at least 3 2+2’ers, and those games played more like the paradise games and I didn’t win at the same rate. I haven’t yet left a 3/6 table at Party because the game wasn’t very good. At Paradise I did if often. But I came close a few times on Wednesday and Thursday. If I leave your table without saying goodbye, it’s a sign of respect for your game. I also want to apologize if I don’t answer your comments at a table. I try to line up the windows for 3 tables so I can see my cards on all 3 tables at the same time. In order to do this I sometimes push the screen down low enough that the chat window is completely off the screen. I’m not ignoring you. I would prefer not to talk about posts and 2+2 at the table though. New players are nervous enough without thinking about some secret organization that several of their opponents seem to belong to. I keep wondering what they think when someone says they like my posts and how am I doing this week.

I am now trying to be as objective as I can when evaluating the potential long term for these games. After 6 weeks at Paradise 5/10 I thought I had experienced an average run of cards, and clearly that wasn’t so. I guess that’s a hazard of running well. So now I’m on a hot streak, and again it seems like I’m not getting exceptional cards, so I can probably maintain this. Right!! One thing I like about the 3/6 games is the lower risk of a huge loss. I won’t win $1,000 at these limits as I did several times at 5/10, but I’m also not going to lose $800. In fact it seems like I’m not going to lose at all. Amazingly during this hot streak my biggest win is $584. When I sit down now it’s like punching a clock at a regular job. I’m expecting to put in the hours and earn some money. Even after 3 weeks of this I’m still surprised how poor some of the play is. The only really difficult decisions seem to be on the flop. I find myself wanting to chase more than I should because I know these guys are usually bad and may not have anything. You almost always have odds to chase gutshots, so bottom pair starts to seem worth chasing with also. I have to keep reminding myself that’s going to make me like the guys I keep taking money from. No chasing.

I discovered how to check my playing stats this week so I can evaluate my day. The numbers are considerable different than they were at Paradise. When I had a good day at paradise I typically played 25% of the hands, won 10 or 11%, 33% when I saw the flop and 50-60% of my showdowns. Break even days seemed to see me win 8 or 9% of my hands and 7% or less was a losing day. At Party I haven’t won 10% yet. I seem to be at 8% on good days and 7% on the average days. I guess that’s a result of how many players go to showdown. And it shows how these games are an example of winning big pots, not lots of pots.

An unforeseen problem with playing 3 tables is accidentally making the wrong play on the wrong table. Sometimes you get involved in hands on all 3 tables (in fact I quite often fold marginal hands that I would have played just because I’m in a hand on another table). When it’s my turn to play on a certain table, that window pops on top of my screen. If you were about to click something else, you can make a wrong play. Playing 2 tables I can keep the buttons far enough away from each other that this is impossible, but I can’t do it with 3 tables. SO the other night I tried to fold AA on the turn with an A on the board. Thank god there was no action in front of me so I got the reminder, “It is free to check, are you sure you want to fold?”. I yelled at the screen “Noooo” so that my wife jumped up from the couch. Lat night I raised T7o by mistake after 2 limpers. The flop came K89 giving me an open ender soI bet the flop and everyone folded. Lol.

Don’t you have dreams about hands like this?

I limp in EP with 99. I get raised in LP and the BB calls all-in. 2 of us see the flop of A 9 7. I hope he has an A. If I suspect he has an A, I like to bet, If I don’t think he has one, I’ll check. This time I bet and he raised. Yessss. I smooth called, planning to check-raise the turn. Turn is another A. Oh this is sweet. Another change of plans. I smell 3 bets and I bet again. He raises and I 3 bet. This is the moment of truth. If he has AA or A9 or A7, I’ll get capped. He just calls. Yesss. River is the case 9. Better and better. Now he thinks he’s splitting at least. I bet, he raises, I 3 bet and he caps…could he really have AA? Nope. He had AQ and I won a doozie for a heads up 3/6 pot. $110.

Money saved spends as well as money earned.

I posted in the cutoff and found 33. One limper to me and I called. BB raised and we both called. Flop is J43, two spades. BB checks, limper checks, and I checked too. I can’t explain why, but it’s in the hand history. I guess I was slowplaying, but it seems like a strange time to try it. Presumably the BB has AK and will call a flop bet but maybe not a turn bet. I should bet here. Maybe this is another hand where I hit the wrong button. Turn is an A though and it looks like my slowplay worked. BB bets, EP raises, and I 3 bet. They both call. River is a 6, no flush. BB checks, EP bets and I raise again. They both call. BB had AKs as I suspected, EP had AA. Doh!!! I can guarantee if our hands are reversed he’s going to lose more than I did. Perspective. I just count that as $12 saved and go to the next hand.

I think I’ll do the twice a week update again next week. Let me know if you like this format.

JohnShaft
07-20-2003, 01:08 PM
Keep it up David.

Though I've only recently rejoined 2+2 I've caught up with every one of your posts and find them absolutely riveting.

I must admit to having delusions of trying to play for a (moderate) living at some point in the future. So I do look at your posts and experience as an example of what can be acheived.

I play mainly 3/6 at UB, and haven't really checked out Party's games much. When I have they never seem as good as I'm lead to believe.
I think it's about time I gave them another look though.

BTW the new format is fine. Don't think about stopping. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

NotReady
07-20-2003, 02:41 PM
If you don't have one, get a 19" monitor or bigger. Go to 1600X1200 resolution. You can acutally put 4 tables on screen, no overlap. Then get a telescope, you'll need it to see the action.

Or, get 2 monitors and use 2 video cards. You can have bigger tables, with only some overlap.

serling
07-20-2003, 03:41 PM
Glad you're continuing the posts, David. It'd be great to see 52 of these.

I agree with your adjustments for these loose tables -- I play similarly but unfortunately have lost a lot last week to rivered cards. The bad players do seem to stay in on low pair, hoping to get two pair or trips by the river... and they amazingly do! I hesitate betting the river with top pair top kicker, because I hate getting drawn out. It's a definite hole in my game. This hurts long-term because they would've called anyway, but it feels like it happens more often than not.

It does scare me a bit to see you pop up at my table (particularly when you're on my left!), but I'd rather play you and a couple bad players than a whole table of bad players.

serling

Jim Easton
07-20-2003, 05:46 PM
Playing 2 tables I can keep the buttons far enough away from each other that this is impossible, but I can’t do it with 3 tables.

Get a 21" monitor. At 1600 x 1200, you can put up to 4 tables with no overlap.

slavic
07-21-2003, 02:16 AM
21" monitor is a business expense now, go get one.

thetman
07-21-2003, 06:35 AM
Your posts are very entertaining.I look forward to the next one.

DKNY
07-21-2003, 10:29 AM
Hey David,

It's too bad you left early on Friday, that table became really good after that (was pretty good to start with). This hand pretty much sums up the table. I was on the button with Q10s. 6 or 7 of us on the flop for one bet. Flop came 10 10 9. EP bet, LP raised, I 3 bet. EVERYONE called. What could BB possibly call 3 bets cold with? Anyway, turn was an 8, checked to me and I bet. half of them called. River was a 9. EP fish check-raised me on the river. I 3 bet and he folded. I dragged a 100 dollar pot without a showdown.

Have you considered moving up in limits? Like maybe one 5-10 table and one 3-6. Then two 5-10 tables or one 10-20 and so on. You definitely have the skills for it. I don't know how you can play three 3-6 tables and carry a conversation at the same time. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Emperor
07-21-2003, 10:34 AM
I raised my resolution to 1280x1024 added a 4th table and it HELPS me concentrate.

With 3 tables I find myself trying to do other things. Adding a 4th table makes it so I can't do crap but click buttons.

J.R.
07-21-2003, 10:56 AM
I have only 80 hands against you in my pokerstat database, over which you are averaging 61 big bets per 100 hands.

Perhaps you should return to whence you came!

J.R.
07-21-2003, 10:57 AM

J.R.
07-21-2003, 12:13 PM

unome
07-21-2003, 12:45 PM
I miss playing with you over at Paradise David, but ever since you've left the games seem better and my win rates have improved slightly. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

You ever going to come back to Paradise 5/10 and 8/16? 3/6, even at 3 tables, seems kinda like small potatoes in the fact that you can't really have a big day, but with play as you describe I can understand why you are there... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

davidross
07-21-2003, 12:51 PM
I'm with you on that one. I like to have a few good players in the mix too. The value bet on the river is much trickier in these games, especially since these guys love to slowplay. They also love to blufff raise the river so they have to be paid off. It really is a challenge.

I wouldn't worry too much about playing with me. I don't make much money off 2+2'ers. Cya at the tables.

davidross
07-21-2003, 12:56 PM
I got disconnected Friday night and it didn't come back up for 45 minutes. I had experienced problems earlier in the day too and had no all-ins left so I decided to wait until Saturday to play again. Party won't reset all-ins more than once per 24 hours.

I have decided to wait until the bankroll is healthy again before venturing into the 5/10 arena again. These games are so juicy I'm in no hurry to move up. I'll see how this week goes, but last week was the best week I've had yet, and day 1 of this week was a $650 win. I'm not changing anything for a little while.

Chatting while playing the 3 tables does tax my concentration, but it's so much more fun to chat while playing. THat was a fun table we had.

davidross
07-21-2003, 12:58 PM
I raised my resolution yesterday too and the 3 screens fit much better now. I may need binoculars to use my other software though.

davidross
07-21-2003, 01:00 PM
Lets see, If I extrapolate that over 1,400 hands per day, 300 days a year....hmm...Bill Gates, watch out.

davidross
07-21-2003, 01:05 PM
Hey Pal,

I'm sure I will be back. I left money in the account, and I played a 1 table tourney there yesterday. I'm going to ride this rush for as long as I can, and then I'm sure I'll return sometimes. I am really enjoying these games at Party though. So many chasers.

KingToad
07-21-2003, 01:49 PM
David,

Continued great posts. I am gaining a lot of insight into the mind of the game. That was one reason I stopped by and played on one of the tables you were playing. How about that guy who was playing everything and he had like a $700 stack. You even questioned how he could play a particular hand (like J2, all the way to the river). Like I mentioned in a separate post, I normally play , $25 NL. I also play 3 tables and can normally win $100-$200 for a 4 hour session. It is small potato to your tables. Playing 3/6 limit was much different. I will have to study the play before I am willing to jump in again. see you at Party.

rigoletto
07-21-2003, 02:20 PM
These games are so juicy I'm in no hurry to move up. I'll see how this week goes, but last week was the best week I've had yet, and day 1 of this week was a $650 win. I'm not changing anything for a little while.

Can't argue with that.

Glad to see you decided to keep posting. I say that because I enjoy your posts, but mainly because I think these posts helps you keep a healthy view on your game.

Played some Party 5/10 this weekend by the way. I won $488 playing two tables for 4.5 hrs, so I gues I'll be back /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Punker
07-21-2003, 03:16 PM
Not gonna lie to you; I wanted to play with davidross and see what happened. The following hand mystified me as I cannot figure out what he could possibly have held.
Anyone care to speculate??

***** Hand History for Game 103758141 *****
3/6 TEXASHTGAMETABLE - WED JUL 16 22:59:08 EDT 2003
Table Strawberries (Real Money) -- Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: nuttyprof02 ( $254)
Seat 3: raystrash ( $80)
Seat 4: badmoon4life ( $39)
Seat 5: Aarnie ( $252)
Seat 6: DSanchez ( $332)
Seat 7: davidross ( $197)
Seat 8: PeanutBoy ( $154)
Seat 9: Dragon15 ( $176)
Seat 10: Paulude ( $71)
Paulude posts small blind (1)
nuttyprof02 posts big blind (3)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to DSanchez [ 4c, 7s ]
raystrash raises (6) to 6
badmoon4life folds.
Aarnie folds.
DSanchez folds.
davidross calls (6)
PeanutBoy folds.
Dragon15 folds.
Paulude folds.
nuttyprof02 calls (3)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 9h, 2d, 3h ]
nuttyprof02 checks.
raystrash bets (3)
davidross calls (3)
nuttyprof02 folds.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Ad ]
raystrash bets (6)
davidross calls (6)
** Dealing River ** : [ 7h ]
raystrash bets (6)
davidross folds.
** Summary **
Main Pot: $42 | Rake: $1
Board: [ 9h 2d 3h Ad 7h ]
nuttyprof02 balance $248, lost $6 (folded)
raystrash balance $101, bet $21, collected $42, net +$21
badmoon4life balance $39, didn't bet (folded)
Aarnie balance $252, didn't bet (folded)
DSanchez balance $332, didn't bet (folded)
davidross balance $182, lost $15 (folded)
PeanutBoy balance $154, didn't bet (folded)
Dragon15 balance $176, didn't bet (folded)
Paulude balance $70, lost $1 (folded)

DKNY
07-21-2003, 04:09 PM
Hey rigoletto,

How's the 5-10 game on Party compared to the 3-6?

unome
07-21-2003, 04:58 PM
Got me.. I was gonna guess 4-5 suited, but the first in after a raise should negate that guess. Knowing David, it may have been a baby pair. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Can you remember the hand David?

Ulysses
07-21-2003, 05:04 PM
KdQd?

NoChance
07-21-2003, 05:32 PM
Maybe a suited ace? Like maybe Ac and 2,3 or 5c?

rigoletto
07-21-2003, 05:47 PM
55 or 44 with a heart

Jim Easton
07-21-2003, 07:33 PM
KdQd seems to be the most likely hand here. I don't think he has a small pair. He doesn't like to call raises cold unless he is sure there will be 5 players. He is the first cold caller after several folded. I don't think he could expect his 5 players. I don't think he calls the raise cold with a suited ace - again, there probably won't be enough callers here. That makes something like KdQd more likely - 2 overcards and a backdoor flush on the flop, nut flush draw on the turn.

davidross
07-21-2003, 10:00 PM
Jd Td

Thought I'd get more callers pre-flop. Took one off on the turn with the 3 flush and 3 straight and picked up the flush draw.

Punker
07-22-2003, 12:24 AM
Thanks for answering...didn't mean to say anything about your play, I just couldn't figure out for the life of me what you could possibly hold there. During the hand I was thinking something like KhTh or similar, and I was shocked at the river fold.

thwang99
07-22-2003, 02:15 AM
Hey Davidross,

I played at a table with you today. Nice posts! How many hours a day do you play of 3/6 to make your winnings? You're doing VERY well. I'm doing just ok. Hopefully we can both keep up our win rates.

You really should get a 21" monitor. Best of luck, and keep up the good posts!
- Tony

rigoletto
07-22-2003, 03:43 AM
Took one off on the turn with the 3 flush and 3 straight

A losing proposition unless there is a chance you are drawing live to the J or the T!

rigoletto
07-22-2003, 07:36 AM
I haven't been playing that much 3/6 but from what I can tell, 5/10 is tougher (read less fish). It still has more fish than Paradise though and is a somewhat soft. You have to keep an eye on your opponents at 5/10 so playing ABC poker on 3 tables might turn a small profit, but the money is in selecting the right plays for the right opponents (call down the bluffers, value bet the calling stations etc.).

davidross
07-22-2003, 12:12 PM
Usually I play about 8 hours on weekdays, and maybe 5 or 6 on weekends. I play from 1-5 and then 10-2 AM. I will take the occasional afternoon off if there's a golf game to be had.

I need a little more time at 3/6 to work out my win rate, right now it seems very high, > $50/hr which is around 3 BB/hr per table. I think that will be a major topic in next weeks post.

davidross
07-22-2003, 12:17 PM
Agreed.

The cold call itself is bad, but I was gambling on more callers behind me. That first cold call quite often sets off a landslide of calls in these games, and I've noticed as well that the BB quite often 3 bets just to make a big pot, which I wouldn't have minded in this case.

While overall I think I'm playing better on the 3 tables, I still find hands like this when I review them afterwards where I made a clearly bad decision post-flop. This is something I want to explore in more detail in the next post. WHy do I,(or anyone) make clearly bad post-flop calls, that everyone watching and not in the hand can see is bad? It's the last big hole I need to plug in my game I think.

unome
07-22-2003, 01:15 PM
I know how much you love raising with the J-10 suited... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Luke
07-22-2003, 01:37 PM
WHy do I,(or anyone) make clearly bad post-flop calls, that everyone watching and not in the hand can see is bad? It's the last big hole I need to plug in my game I think.

You're certainly not the only one. I'm sure most players deal with this dilemma time and time again. I know I do. It's not always enough to *know* what to do - you have to have the will power to DO IT on a consistent basis.

By the way, keep up the posts David - they're great. And the new format is perfect. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Luke

lefty rosen
07-22-2003, 08:27 PM
Your posts actually have me wanting to take out a chunk of the party pots at 3/6. I have one problem though they rejected my credit card? Do they now give Canadians problems about their cards now too?

dux
07-22-2003, 10:26 PM
I've got hassles at Party and Intertops where my credit card was denied, when at Empire it was fine. The thing is I depsoited at Empire a few months ago, whereas both Party and Intertops have been recent.

davidross
07-22-2003, 10:55 PM
I had no problem using mine

Clarkmeister
07-23-2003, 02:12 AM
"I've noticed as well that the BB quite often 3 bets just to make a big pot, which I wouldn't have minded in this case."

Contrary to conventional forum wisdom, you should pretty much always mind paying 3 bets to see the flop with medium suited connectors.

davidross
07-23-2003, 02:23 PM
Clarkmeister,

Now you're sounding like David and Mason. Can you see why?

There is only one hand I 'want' to be 3 bet with, but if it's going to happen I'd rather have suited connectors than say AJo. Care to elaborate on why the conventional wisdom is wrong?

lefty rosen
07-23-2003, 03:00 PM
Also when did you use it? I tried Saturday night and they said I was either not allowed to deposit the money or my name and other peticulars didn't match either was BS since I deposit every month at Pacific...........

Punker
07-23-2003, 06:13 PM
I think it *is* conventional wisdom that you don't want to pay 3 bets preflop with suited connectors. The hand is, by definition, a backloaded payoff hand. The more the upfront costs, the lower the value of the backend payout.

You'd love games that were 3 bet on the flop consistently but one bet preflop with suited connectors. Not the other way around.

J.R.
07-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Actually, suited connectors prefer milder flop action, as they are usually drawing on these streets if the flop has come favorably and would like to do so cheaply. Its those pocket pairs that like to have the flop bombarded so they can ram and jam when they connect and flop a set.

davidross
07-23-2003, 09:35 PM
I use Matercard. I deposited to Party about 4 weeks ago. THe charge is on this months statement. I've never had a problem depositing to either Paradise or Party, but I've heard that in the USA the credit card companies are starting to refuse gaming transactions.

Punker
07-23-2003, 11:34 PM
Boy, I'd really suggest you get a NETeller account set up. I used to have no problems using my TD-Canada Trust card and then it stopped working. You'll also find whipping money back and forth from site to site much easier this way.

lefty rosen
07-24-2003, 12:01 AM
Yeah I tried Mastercard too, and I live in Toronto? I tried through Empire to get the free 80 US, deposit bonus, but they rejected my card? Alas the loosey goosey 3/6 games seem to be drying up at party at least during the day.......

davidross
07-24-2003, 05:42 PM
Last time I checked, NetTeller wasn't available for Canadians. Has that changed?

davidross
07-24-2003, 05:43 PM
I found them pretty tough during the day this week, but yesterday and today I scored big wins, so who can say.

GrinningBuddha
07-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Neteller now allows you to register from Canada. I'm currently waiting for my Bank of Montreal account to be verified by Neteller, then I'm good to go. Neteller also accept accounts from many other Canadian banks and credit cards as well I think.

lefty rosen
07-24-2003, 08:28 PM
They just didn't let you cash out your funds through your Canadian bank account......

Punker
07-25-2003, 05:31 AM
You could always use NETeller per se (and get cheques). They changed it so you can link to your bank account now as well for Canadians.

DesertEagle
07-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Hey David...

I'm new to the 2+2 boards, and I just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed your posts!!

I also play on Party Poker, but lately I've played more $2-4 than $3-6.

Out of curiousity, I wanted to see if you had any notes on me!! My screen-name is DesertEagle5..

I've just started keeping notes myself, and I wondered what kind of info you put in there??

I'm also from Ontario (London to be exact) and I wondered if you ever play in the B&M cardrooms around here? I go to Brantford from time to time, and I've been doing really well in the $5-10 and $10-20 there lately...

I look forward to your reply, and perhaps we'll sit across from each other in a $3-6 on Party sometime!! I've been leaking chips like crazy lately, so maybe I can help your little experiment continue to be successful... lol...

Jeff

davidross
07-25-2003, 02:20 PM
I'll send you a PM

Yerma
07-27-2003, 12:59 PM
"I think it *is* conventional wisdom that you don't want to pay 3 bets preflop with suited connectors. The hand is, by definition, a backloaded payoff hand. The more the upfront costs, the lower the value of the backend payout."

Listen, this is some nasty opinion... If you review enough hands, say 10 million, you would have find that you *wish* you could put in the 4- or 5-bets preflop with that JsTs. Makes you look like a frooking maniak but just because someone else is making more money than you preflop with AA (or whatever is getting the max from this acthun) doesn't mean that you're not making money too! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Just that dink with the AcTo is losing his ***ARSS***.

"You'd love games that were 3 bet on the flop consistently but one bet preflop with suited connectors. Not the other way around."

This is what you have read in books your whole life. But you cannot believe that! Best in the world knows better! I think you need more experience that at the tables now! You should drill urself by playing for 10,000 houyrs at the casino and recording every hand but putting more action with JsTs!!! Firstly, you will make some chips for yer tiem!! And secondly , you will learn how to bplay some cards now!!!!!