PDA

View Full Version : Shorthanded 4-8 game, Presto in the BB.

Bob T.
07-20-2003, 11:23 AM
Very loose, fairly aggressive 6 handed 4-8 game.

UTG limps, Loose Aggressive (LA1)raises, Second Loose aggressive (LA2) cold calls, SB calls, I call in the BB with red 55, UTG calls.

UTG, as near as I can tell hasn't folded a pair in his life. LA1 raise preflop means that he has at least a premium holding like Q8 offsuit. LA2 lack of a preflop raise, probably means that he doesn't have two suited cards, an Ace, or a premium pocket pair like 7s.

Flop K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

I check, UTG checks, LA1 autobets, LA2 calls, SB folds, LA1s play doesn't mean anything other than having enough chips to play, LA2 would raise with just about any part of the flop so he doesn't have much, so I checkraise. UTG folds, LA1 folds, and LA2 calls.

Turn 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif I bet, LA2 calls.

River 8 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif . Do I bet the river? How did I do?

lil'
07-20-2003, 11:32 AM
Would LA2 call you down with ace high? I'd bet if he would.

Nice check-raise on the flop.

CrackerZack
07-20-2003, 03:43 PM
if he's LA like you say, I think this is the perfect chance to induce a bluff. The draw got there and if you check, you'll get another bet out of him when he misses, if he'll bluff at it, but save a tough decision if he'll bluff raise or made the flush. If he has an 8 i figure he just calls so that shouldn't matter much either way. I think you checked, he bet, you called, you won.

slavic
07-20-2003, 06:33 PM
Hi Bob-
I love the checkraise on the flop.

I check call the river. If you bet and he calls, I think your beat. If you bet and he raises I have a hard time calling. If you check he'll bluff with just ace high or bottom pair. I'm feeling weak tight as I write this but I think this is Check/call time.

Ed Miller
07-20-2003, 06:40 PM
Do I bet the river?

Yes.

How did I do?

Fine.

Bob T.
07-21-2003, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the responses.

I didn't bet the river, but I think that was a mistake. My opponent checked behind me.

I had 55, and my opponent had 22. My hand was good.