PDA

View Full Version : How well do you guys do??

wickedgoodtrader
12-15-2005, 11:51 PM
I've been daytrading for almost a year. Really only do it in the winter because I work a lot in the summer running my lawn business. I found a system where I knew I could do well and took a home equity loan out and dropped 25k into my ameritrade account.

In less then a year I have 52k. I'm not even going to pay back the loan yet because I know I can make more money with it then the % they charging me. Ive been a successful poker player for years and think that has come in handy for the daytrading.

Anyway.. do you guys have certain systems set up that you are so confident about it seems too easy? My system is VERY VERY good, but sometimes I could go days.. maybe weeks and sometimes a month without having a pick I liked enough to buy. I track insider purchases and load up when CEOs load up. I use my buying power and buy say 100k worth of the stock and get a 1-2% gain in a matter of a few minutes and get out. If I really liek the buy I'll sell a bunch off and hold onto 20-30k or so for a swing trade. Sometimes CEO's aren't loading up. I then find myself trying to make money on smaller director purchases and so forth and losing money.. kinda like playing loose in poker. So what types of things or books can I read that would teach me to make money when I don't have any insider picks? And is it worth it? I read beginners guide to daytradin and the lady kept talkin bout readin charts till your head falls off (which I could see if you were scanning all stocks). I kinda like the idea of my picks being delieverd to me (insider tracking services) so i have very little effort in looking around. So who's got some more lock systems?

CardMinger
12-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Hello,

I am not actively trading a system at the moment but have been reading about system design etc for quite awhile.

How do you get in and out in a couple of minutes when CEO's load up? Wehn a CEO buys you also buy right away and just hope the stock bounces?

I am just interested in your system not criticizing in any way.

More detail would be great!

Thanks,
Kevin

12-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi,

I don't think your system sounds very very good at all. It may be, but I think that there's a reasonable chance that you've just been very very lucky. You didn't give enough info tho so it might be OK.

There's no such thing in this game as a lock system, and even if there was I don't think people would give them out. Go to elitetrader.com and search for posts by acrary, that will give you some ideas maybe but more importantly it will give you a good base on understanding system design.

wickedgoodtrader
12-18-2005, 10:25 PM
There are a lot of people that dot he same thing as me. Everyuone uses different alert systems.. some are faster then others. I have the best of the best. Therefore I load up that second while many people get in just behind me. the stock spikes real quick and I get out.