PDA

View Full Version : How did I do?....was I lucky?????

Gahnia radula
07-20-2003, 06:18 AM
4/8 holdem

I have been playing for a couple of hours when all of a sudden the game gets really weak!!!

5 people seeing the flop then the first person who bets takes it down, or one person calls and it gets checked all the way to the river

This goes on for a while, then a player I recognise as higher limit player starts betting every flop and takes down 4 or 5 pots in a row on the flop until this hand.

Im dealt A9o if MP i limp the higher limit player (HLP)limps 2 others behind HLP limp SS calls and BB checks

flop comes [Q 9 7]
the blinds check, i check as well HLP bets and its folded round to me. At this point in time I 55% sure my 9 is good. I call.

I thought my 9 was good because, in the 4 or 5 previous hands i felt pretty confident that the HLP was taking control of the table and advantage of the wierd mood the table had gotten into, and was stealling the pot

the turn [Q 9 7]A

I check, HLP bets, I raise. (Anyone like this play...i did /forums/images/icons/grin.gif )

HLP reluctantly calls, the river is a blank i bet it out HLP folds

I think i played this hand well on the turn and river but question my call on the flop, given that the mood at the table was incredibly weak . Should i have bet it? or better yet raised??? against a player I believed was stealling.

So how badly did I do??

bernie
07-20-2003, 12:11 PM
if im playing this preflop, im raising it. i dont want to play this against a large field, at all.

this is an easy fold for me in this spot preflop.

b

Stork
07-20-2003, 05:30 PM
Bernie has a point about the preflop...but I don't think it's so disasterous to play in this scenario. On the flop I definetely would've raised the HLP

CrackerZack
07-21-2003, 11:55 AM
Fold PF, if you dont fold, raise PF. Bet the flop, if you're raised, call and C/R the turn, if you aren't, bet the turn, bet the river. You were probably right about the guy running over the table but this play was very weak.