MP raises, I 3 bet in CO (AhKd), BB calls(hes all in for 15.75), MP calls
MP is fairly aggressive

Flop 7c8s2d
MP checks, I bet, MP calls

Turn 4s
MP checks, I bet, MP raises, I fold..

Lmn55d
12-15-2005, 10:16 PM
seems fine to me. If you're not comfortable folding to that raise check the turn. THere's a good chance he has 3 outs anyway (you should prob value bet a lot of rivers if he checks em). Plus the other guy is gonna take down the main pot sometimes anyway.

But I usually bet to collect value from weakear As and Kx etc. Pot is kinda protected by all-in guy so he won't bluff as much as if it were not.

Drontier
12-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Yea, this hand was more of a I was sure at the moment I made the right decision hand. Until I saw his hand QTo and he took down the pot with Q high.. I was thinking I could be reverse dominated and I might not even have outs. I was betting the turn cuz he peels turns lightly tho.

cartman
12-15-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pot is kinda protected by all-in guy so he won't bluff as much as if it were not.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if BB had folded preflop. Then bet-folding the turn with AK on an 8 hi board seems very bad to me. What would your line be in that case?

Thanks,
Cartman

Entity
12-15-2005, 11:55 PM
If MP is fairly aggressive I like a turn check / river call.

Rob

Lmn55d
12-15-2005, 11:57 PM
if he's aggressive I like checking and calling or value betting the river. Like I said he's aggro so he can raise a worse hand but I don't think he'll do it enough to make bet/calling down higher EV than checking and inducing river bluff. You do give a free card and lose some value but like I said he often has 3 outs anyway and is sometimes ahead of you.