PDA

View Full Version : Flopped nuts, bastard turn...

12-15-2005, 08:23 PM
alright kids, solids is my name, NL100 6max on empire is my game...

no solid read on villain. seems donkish, untricky, and a calling station. has 140 in front of him, hero covers.

hero's table image is semi-lag. raise preflop, always a continuation, etc.

hero is dealth /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 in BB

preflop: 2 limpers, SB completes, hero checks

flop: /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gifJ (~4 in pot)

SB checks, hero checks, MP (villain) to $5, 2 folds around to hero, who raises to $20, villain thinks, then calls

turn: /images/graemlins/club.gif3 (~45)
hero leads for $25, villain calls

river: blank
hero checks, villain goes all in, hero folds

how's my line? i could've checked the turn, but figured it would be too much of a vag move. also figured that i would only be called with a better hand, like the flush, but then again, this is nl100, meaning he could have KQ, tptk, J10, etc.

let me know.

--solids

12-15-2005, 08:31 PM
If you bet that turn, bet closer to 2/3 pot to make it believable. Otherwise standard in my book.

12-15-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you bet that turn, bet closer to 2/3 pot to make it believable. Otherwise standard in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think a donk can truly distinguish between a $25 and $30 bet as being "believable" or not, IMO.

12-15-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think a donk can truly distinguish between a $25 and $30 bet as being "believable" or not, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you would be surprised. 25 into a 45 "feels" like half the pot, and donks are playing by "feel". 30 into a 45 feels a lot bigger, even if it technically is only 20% more.

Anyway, it's live, and looks are all that matter. Make your bet look strong.

DoomSlice
12-15-2005, 08:49 PM
I think you folded a winner.

PoBoy321
12-15-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. What are you trying to make him believe?

12-15-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That the club helped hero.

PoBoy321
12-15-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But why would that matter? If the villain is worried that the club helped the hero, then it means that he doesn't have a flush. If he doesn't have a flush, then hero already has the best hand.

12-15-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what hand do you put villain on?

PoBoy321
12-15-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JT or 77.

DoomSlice
12-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Something like JT or A/K /images/graemlins/club.gifT

Maybe a set.

Edit: "untricky calling stations" usually don't tend to overbet semi-bluff the flop. If anything they'll fire out a realllly small bet to try to get a cheap card.

12-15-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But why would that matter? If the villain is worried that the club helped the hero, then it means that he doesn't have a flush. If he doesn't have a flush, then hero already has the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I was thinking.

Anyways, I lead the flop for $3. Given the way you played the flop, I lead the same amount ($25) on the turn. On the river, I think a blocking bet is called for ... in the range of 55-60 bucks. Given that you checked, I think you have to fold this, the odds you getting are just not good enough, compared to the chances he has the flush. I think this is a flush 90-95% of the time.

12-15-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JT or 77.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed... i thought my $25 bet on the turn might scare a set or 2 pair away with a flush and straight on the board, but then again, this is nl100....

what's your new line assuming 2 pair or set? c/c the river? what about the turn?

--solids

12-15-2005, 09:44 PM
ehh, actually, most likely a blocker on the river...