PDA

View Full Version : Bet on end

Yeknom58
07-20-2003, 03:33 AM
I'm in MP with 9-10s. One limper, I limp, button limps, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop is

9-10-K Rainbow.

Checked to me and I bet, button raises, folded back to me and I re-raise, button calls.

Turn
6c

I check, button bets, I checkraise, button calls.

River
Ac

I check, he bets.......What do you do and should I have checked on the end?

rigoletto
07-20-2003, 08:01 AM
You should bet. It looks like a lone K to me and he'll call 80% of the time.

Louie Landale
07-20-2003, 09:49 AM
You have no reason to fear the A, good reason to belive you had the best hand on the turn, and good reason to believe you'll get paid off. Routinely bet the river.

But that doesn't matter. You almost definately have enough to call on the end, and (unless he's a maniac) will certainly call with more hands then he'd bet. No brainer bet in that situation.

- Louie

Yeknom58
07-20-2003, 12:36 PM
Well I called and my hand was good.

I was more questioning the check rather than calling.

He showed KJo.

Well the reason why I check called rather than bet was because I was pretty much afraid of Kx and would be beaten by a bigger 2 pair. I was even more worried about this read when he bet into me on the end. I 3 bet him on the flop and he called a check raise on the turn. So I figured I'd fall into check call mode on the end.

What do you think? I'm feeling pretty weak tight on the end.

CrackerZack
07-20-2003, 03:34 PM
you don't say if the Ac completed a runner-runner flush but either way. I bet the river as I can't see him raising even 2 pair at that point with the action you shown. He has to respect the straight, and you're gonna pay off on the end anyway so might as well make the bet yourself.

CrackerZack
07-20-2003, 03:36 PM
except for the river check, i thought you played it far from weak-tight...and since you called the bet on the end its even more not weak tight. WP, but bet the river. most sane people would've checked this through and you'd miss a bet.