PDA

View Full Version : Two hands...hand two

BlindingLaser
12-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Next, with 9 people remaining, directly after busting number 10, the following comes up:
Villain 1 (28062): Seems a little bit loose, but still clearly a TAG.
Villain 2 (22566): Is a little bit tighter than Villain 1, and also quite TAG. I haven't seen either of them do anything spectacular in the fifty or so hands I've spent with each.
Hero (28107) is the big blind of 1500, dealt J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif
1 fold, Villain 1 raises to 3000, 1 fold, Villain 2 raises to 5700, 4 folds, Hero ...?

I elected to call. I gave serious consideration to each of my three options. If Villain 1 pushed and Villain 2 called, I was running away. Villain 1 just called, though, leading us to...
Flop: (17850)
6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif
It's your move. Plan for the rest of the hand?

12-15-2005, 06:26 PM
There's never an A on the flop when you need it! No doubt I'm a weak/tight but I don't like the pre-flop call - I just called 20% of my stack on a raise and a reraise, the action's not closed, with those bet and stack sizes all the money's going in on the flop, and w/ the min-reraise I have to be extra concerned about a big pair so I have no idea where I am unless I flop a set. Given where you're at hope to check it down and spike a J on the turn.

12-15-2005, 07:25 PM
I am pretty sure you have the original raiser (OR) beat unless he has QQ (He would re-raise all-in AA or KK, with 23 behind the 17 in the pot was enough). I don't know about the re-raiser (RR). AK or has you beat.

Why did you call if you don't like that flop?

You have 3 choices :

a) Check, hope the OR bets and the RR raises again, and you can fold. Only one bet, I would re-raise all-in and hope for the best.
b)You bet 10000 and fold to a raise.
c)CR.

Hmmm.... Fold pre-flop was too easy, but OOP it would have been fine.

I would go with my hand and CR all-in.

12-15-2005, 07:39 PM
You shouldn't be playing for a set by calling this reraise, so this is the flop you wanted. I'm going to the felt w/ this hand. So, with 22,000 left and a pot of 15,000 I'm looking to get all my chips in the pot and would probably CR all in. I think leading out is bad because your opponent won't make a mistake since a normal bet is half your stack he knows you aren't folding and will raise you w/ TT+ etc maybe 88 and 99... your ahead of one hand and behind the QQ+. By check raising its possible he makes a CB w/ AK or the medium pairs you beat and will prob call you w/ the medium pairs because he's committed and you'll at least get something out of AK.

12-15-2005, 08:09 PM
I'm figuring that Villian #1 didn't have you beat pre-flop, because he probably would have raised your raise if he did. This flop most-likely didn't help him, based upon his most probable hole cards, so I think you're ahead of him, although he could have two overcards. Villian #2 could be holding Q-Q or more, but the odds are against it. I would check/raise to see what #2 did. I would probably go all-in to any raise either one made. If both checked, I'd definitely go all-in after the turn, as long as it wasn't an A,K,Q. I wouldn't be thrilled with 8,9 or 10 either, but ya gotta gamble sometimes.