PDA

View Full Version : KJs and ugly board

winky51
12-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em
Converted w/ PonksSaver: http://www.pokermentor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510
- - - HAND 3205262643 - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is MP with <font color="black">J/images/graemlins/spade.gif</font> <font color="black">K/images/graemlins/spade.gif</font> (8 Players)
3 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, 2 <font color="darkred">folds</font>,

Flop: (7.50 SB) <font color="red">A/images/graemlins/heart.gif</font> <font color="green">8/images/graemlins/club.gif</font> <font color="green">T/images/graemlins/club.gif</font> (3 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="green">bets</font>,

oh crap what do I do?

With 2 fish behind and this UNBELIEVABLY super dangerous board. I just couldnt give it to them I had to bet once. Any reason the check OOP vs 2 "I call with any ace" players?

Nick C
12-15-2005, 04:10 PM
I probably would have bet, but it does seem kind of pointless.

Checking and then calling (to chase your gutshot) if it's one back to you seems sensible to me.

12-15-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably would have bet, but it does seem kind of pointless.

Checking and then calling (to chase your gutshot) if it's one back to you seems sensible to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

SuitedDucks
12-15-2005, 04:24 PM
is our gutshot even worth it. one of our Qs is a dirty out.

are the fish capable of betting anything if checked to? check/fold seems weak but maybe its just not worth it.

SnglMaltScotch
12-15-2005, 04:26 PM
My typical play here is to bet the flop and make that THE LAST MONEY YOU PUT IN THIS POT. If I am called at all, I am done on the turn. If raised on the flop, I am done. You gutshot is tainted with the clubs and you have no backdoor draws.

Weak?

damaniac
12-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Yeah this is ugly but I don't agree that our gutshot isn't worth it. 3 outs to the nuts, and 1 more which is tainted but there's no reason two opponents will have clubs all that often. Check/call 1 bet, fold the turn UI. It might be worth sticking around with you catch a K/J non-club, depending on if both are left or not. But 8.5 or 9.5 to 1 closing the action is too good to fold.

suited aces
12-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Against only two preflop callers, getting 7.5:1 I'm taking a stab at the pot unless I have a good read that one or both callers is either: (i) a mondo-calling station, or (ii) in love with ace rag.

I agree that it often seems pointless to bet these flops. That said, it doesn't have to work all that often to be profitable.