PDA

View Full Version : Golden Tee

Sponger15SB
12-15-2005, 04:04 PM
I've been playing this game frequent with friends, however I don't seem to be getting better or getting longer drives or anything. I pretty much have just the standard weak drive, and then I look on the machine and people can hit 500yd bombs.

Whats up with that? Is anyone here actually good? Can you give me some tips?

12-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Quit playing like alittle white bitch and drive that mother [censored] ball you stupid motha fucka.

12-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Ignore the warning telling you not to whale on the roller.

bosoxfan
12-15-2005, 04:12 PM
I was going to post some advice but I you can't improve on this.

[ QUOTE ]
Quit playing like alittle white bitch and drive that mother [censored] ball you stupid motha fucka.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spota
12-15-2005, 04:13 PM
GTG for the PC or the Arcade game?

NotMitch
12-15-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that he waited 3 months for his first post and this was it.

Yeti
12-15-2005, 04:14 PM
I hear Daniel Negreanu owns at this. Maybe you can ask him for some tips next time you hook up.

Georgia Avenue
12-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Try HERE (http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/viewforum.php?f=44)

and then post your bad beats Dan La Maison (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=beats)

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

--GA

LALDAAS
12-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Reged: 09/15/05

Amazing 4 months and this is ur first post

Golden tee is dangerous 3 stiches...In a drunk stooper i hit the ball and the the edge if the machine ouch!

12-15-2005, 04:16 PM
Franklin don't be posting it up like a mother [censored] he just be getting his straight [censored] chill on you cracker ass cracker.

CollinEstes
12-15-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Franklin don't be posting it up like a mother [censored] he just be getting his straight [censored] chill on you cracker ass cracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many *s can we give at once? Though it was a funny idea, bad timing and execution.

LALDAAS
12-15-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]*

SackUp
12-15-2005, 04:20 PM
It's all in the hips, it's all in the hips

CollinEstes
12-15-2005, 04:22 PM
I have seen some dude at the sports bar I frequent wearing like shear gloves, I think they make them for pool or something, I am not too familar. But I have seen numerous drunk dudes get up there and straight pound the glass of the screen after an over-zealous roll. Pretty sure one dude has broken a finger.

pokerdirty
12-15-2005, 04:26 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm the 2p2 champion. I played this at the NYC STTF get together and kicked the [censored] out of pooh74, pokerlaw, and Voltron87. Just thought you'd like to know.

Sponger15SB
12-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Ok, so any real tips?

benza13
12-15-2005, 04:29 PM
I have definitely f'ed up my hand playing this game before, goddamn drunk driving /images/graemlins/grin.gif

12-15-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]*

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't that just like a some stupid bitchass cracker trying to put a label on a nigga.

dcasper70
12-15-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Franklin??? What happened to you? Did you start hittin the pipe? You used to be such a nice boy... /images/graemlins/frown.gif
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dcasper70/franklin.gif

LALDAAS
12-15-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]*

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't that just like a some stupid bitchass cracker trying to put a label on a nigga.

[/ QUOTE ]**

12-15-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Franklin??? What happened to you? Did you start hittin the pipe? You used to be such a nice boy... /images/graemlins/frown.gif
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dcasper70/franklin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Man that ain't me that my stupid ass cousin Franklin. He ain't nothing but a little bit crackerass wanna be. I saw that nigga last week at my family bbq and that nigga and grown up a inch, stupid ass little bitch.

SackUp
12-15-2005, 04:42 PM
Sponger,

most of the REALLY long shots come when you have the wind with you and hit a nice ball.

Now are you playing the PC or Arcade version.

For the arcade it is all in the approach. The key is to pull back really hard in one swoop and release. Then come back forward and drive completely through. The follow through is very important. You need to roll as much of the roller ball as possible.

Some prefer the fingers forward approach and others like the fingers sideways approach. I find the fingers forward is much better for distance but the fingers sideways is better for accuracy and trick shots.

Sponger15SB
12-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Arcade.

Thanks, I will try that tonight. Hopefully I won't get completely wasted and spill beer all over the machine and lose to my friend that I usually beat half the time by 25 strokes. Uh... and then wake up the next morning and puke and still be hungover at 12:50pm

pokerdirty
12-15-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so any real tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm. driving wise, aim for the middle of the fairway, and go as straight forward as possible.

approach shots, you will never be directly online for the pin. you will have to compensate a little. the cursor is aimed a little to the left of the pin, roll the ball towards where the hour hand would be at 630ish, and then move it forward to where the hour hand would be at 1230ish. if your club selection is a little long, hit the backspin button one or two or three times (depending on how far long it will go).

putting. i find that if you roll the ball directly straight, it will always go left. so I roll it a little to the right.

Sponger15SB
12-15-2005, 04:58 PM
Oh, I find myself using the backspin/roll a ton during my approach shots. Is this bad?

Also, I'm playing Golden Tee Live.

pokerdirty
12-15-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I find myself using the backspin/roll a ton during my approach shots. Is this bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

you are just another drunken guy at the golden tee machine it seems...

the only other advice i can offer is...practice makes perfect.

highlife
12-15-2005, 05:00 PM
you need a fully popped collar on your vertical striped shirt to hit anything longer than 350.

mmcd
12-15-2005, 05:00 PM
I used to have one of these in my kitchen back in college, so I think that qualifies me as an expert.

The best way to hit a really long drive is just pound the [censored] of that trackball. You need to hit it with your hand using sort of a shallow "U" shaped motion so you don't jam your hand into the screen on your follow through. Your hand should hit the ball just below the bottom side of your knuckles. If you hit the ball with the bottom side of your knuckles, it won't hurt a hell of lot at first, but your hand will eventually get really sore and stay that way for awhile. Likewise if you hit it with the meaty area of your hand below the thumb.

And as for getting generally better: Learn how to hit good curve shots while avoiding trees and water. Work on being able to judge how far your shots will go with different clubs and different wind conditions. Learn to adjust to the wind properly. And finally, learn how to knock it in from just off the green using the 7-iron and/or 5-wood (draw back maybe 30% and hit the ball very lightly; adjust to the slope of the green as if you were on it and putting; make sure you land the ball in front of the hole at an appropriate angle and distance for the slope). This is how you get eagles.

Sponger15SB
12-15-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you are just another drunken guy at the golden tee machine it seems..

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh.

If I ever found myself getting pissed for shooting a -14 I'd have to kill myself for being so lame that I actually played a pool room video game so much that it no longer became fun because I took it so seriously.

Sponger15SB
12-15-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you need a fully popped collar on your vertical striped shirt to hit anything longer than 350.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, [censored] you got me!

DO YOU KNOW WHO THE GREEK GODS ARE?

PIKE

Voltron87
12-15-2005, 05:05 PM
uhh shafer while i kind of suck at golden tee and have only played 2-3 times i dont quite think you are good enough to act like the sensei here.

edit- /images/graemlins/heart.gif

tdarko
12-15-2005, 05:06 PM
sponger.,

i have seen drunks many a times break their hands and fingers going for the long drive, i think you need to decide what is more important, the long drive or the use or your metacarpals?

pondering,

~td

pokerdirty
12-15-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
uhh shafer while i kind of suck at golden tee and have only played 2-3 times i dont quite think you are good enough to act like the sensei here.

edit- /images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you are just mad because you suck. it's ok

mmcd
12-15-2005, 05:11 PM
My roomate actually sliced his hand open on ours once. One of the screws that holds that trackball case thing in was loose and sticking up a bit. He needed LOTS of stitches for that one.

pokerdirty
12-15-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you need to decide what is more important, the long drive or the use or your metacarpals?

[/ QUOTE ]

chicks dig the long ball.

edit - and scars.

dcasper70
12-15-2005, 05:47 PM
I can regularly shoot 15+ under par on the amature courses, but nothing close to the 28 under that I witnesses the other day... Dude was consistently 375 off the tee, with 2 drives over 420. Those two were both super hook shots (C1 or A3) with wind...

JustSomeJackass
12-15-2005, 11:37 PM
This dude won the World Championship twice. Here is a link to some tips on video.

Golden Tee (http://www.goldenteeplayers.com/eversolevidtips.shtml)

JSJ

astroglide
12-16-2005, 04:49 PM
i've heard about cheating in the early online tournaments for this game where people would use belt sanders to drive the ball

samjjones
12-16-2005, 04:51 PM
If any of you moes want to play PGA Tour Golf II on the Genesis, I'm your huckleberry.

lu_hawk
12-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Wind up and hit the ball hard. You may want take a couple steps back and build up some momentum toward the machine for extra distance.

Sponger15SB
12-16-2005, 04:58 PM
I played decent last night, but my drives didn't improve. The muscles near my elbow started hurting after the like 6th hole or something. Only ended up playing about 14 holes and was tied for the lead out of 4.

The real key to not being [!@#$%] (IMO) is chip shots, which I currently suck at. Especially the real close bunker shots with no green to work with. Yuck.

TheNoodleMan
12-16-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
learn how to knock it in from just off the green using the 7-iron and/or 5-wood (draw back maybe 30% and hit the ball very lightly; adjust to the slope of the green as if you were on it and putting; make sure you land the ball in front of the hole at an appropriate angle and distance for the slope). This is how you get eagles.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the key to becoming great at this game.

Evan
12-16-2005, 05:12 PM
Don't roll the ball backwards on putts, just straight toward the hole. You'll get the truest roll that way.

pooh74
12-16-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I'm the 2p2 champion. I played this at the NYC STTF get together and kicked the [censored] out of pooh74, pokerlaw, and Voltron87. Just thought you'd like to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf??? We played like 3 holes and you were up by a stroke...that proves nothing.

a good technique for distance is double thumb on the drive...more torque that way and the ladies like it too.

Voltron87
12-16-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf??? We played like 3 holes and you were up by a stroke...that proves nothing.

a good technique for distance is double thumb on the drive...more torque that way and the ladies like it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i gave him crap about this too. i'd be up for another meetup and some GT/drinking, plus ive qualified for a bunch of big MTTs and want to ask those guys some questions. that would be ridiculously valuable, they are really good players. maybe somewhere better than dallas bbw tho.

pokerdirty
12-16-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i gave him crap about this too. i'd be up for another meetup and some GT/drinking, plus ive qualified for a bunch of big MTTs and want to ask those guys some questions. that would be ridiculously valuable, they are really good players. maybe somewhere better than dallas bbw tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

guys, guys...

don't be jealous.

i'll give lessons....$100/hr

Dudd
12-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Aw, Franklin got banned. What a waste of a potentially decent Arrested Development gimmick character.

Voltron87
12-16-2005, 06:12 PM
i think i could get to your level with a 3 nights play or so.

pooh74
12-16-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

guys, guys...

don't be jealous.

i'll give lessons....$100/hr

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in for a world of hurt. I didnt even utilize the backspin button because I was engrossed in that convo at the table behind us about that 3-way...

Yeah, we should get another get together organized at some point...I'm always game.

pokerdirty
12-16-2005, 06:26 PM
guys, guys.

don't kid yourselves.