PDA

View Full Version : Custer Hand #1 (with curtains also in the SNG)

tigerite
12-15-2005, 03:29 PM
BB is fairly loose, but this still seems a bad fold to me..

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $200 Buy-in + $15 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 3 - 8 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

Chip Counts:
Button: 795 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 1200 Chips</font>
BB: 930 Chips
UTG: 1410 Chips
UTG+1: 1230 Chips
UTG+2: 1085 Chips
MP1: 745 Chips
MP2: 1675 Chips
CO: 930 Chips

Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Blinds are 25/50

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+2 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="blue">Hero folds</font>

Final Pot:75 Chips

Pasterbator
12-15-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm always stuck in this spot as well. If you raise, you need to fold to a reraise. If you limp, you're giving him a free flop with over cards.

Ugh. I don't mind a fold against a known loose player because risking 150 chips on a steal doesn't seem worth it for the 75 chip reward. Especially when you expect him to come over the top a large % of the time.

12-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Custer has said that he sometimes folds when in a marginally +$EV spot, to save time/attention for other tables or something like that. This could be the reason he folds.

And I've tried to raise with Ax, kings with decent kickers, low pairs etc. in this spot, but I keep getting reraised all-in. /images/graemlins/confused.gif Could be variance, or maybe I choose all the wrong opponents to do this.

Maybe calling is best. Almost everybody folds to a bet on the flop unless they hit something fairly good. (player dependent of course)

citanul
12-15-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Custer has said that he sometimes folds when in a marginally +$EV spot, to save time/attention for other tables or something like that. This could be the reason he folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

this line of reasoning = dumb

curtains
12-15-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this line of reasoning = dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

This reasoning isnt so dumb, but in any case I never really fold this spot. I don't think its terrible though.

12-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Tough one. If you raise to 150, you're down to 1075. He has to put in 100 for a 200 pot - so not bad odds for him. If you raise more, it sucks; and if you raise less it sucks. If you call it sucks. If he calls your raise, flop is likely going to suck. If he reraises you from BB, that's going to suck.

Folding is the least sucky move.

valenzuela
12-15-2005, 05:05 PM
I think the fold is bad considering a push is +EV.

12-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Pushing to grab 75 chips? Nah.

valenzuela
12-15-2005, 05:07 PM
its better than folding.

edit: The effects of pushing 33 on that spot might get u in the long run(ppl will have a better idea of ure range when u only bet 150, etc) ..but Im sure that on the short run, not considering effects, pushing &gt; folding.

psyduck
12-15-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

............uhhhhh he has close to 20 BB.

Burno
12-15-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was surprised to find you are correct. Odd, because on the surface it seems outright donkish.

valenzuela
12-15-2005, 05:39 PM
ure pushing 885 chips into a 75 pot. What is villain calling range? No matter what range u give me the push will be EV( considering hero will lose 25 chips if he doesnt push).

ps: karlson sklansky hands ranking can be very amusing

curtains
12-15-2005, 05:44 PM
Its true that pushing is clearly +CEV. Once again, I would never fold this hand, but I would also sometimes limp and would never just move allin here.

The Yugoslavian
12-15-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This reasoning isnt so dumb, but in any case I never really fold this spot. I don't think its terrible though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think it's terrible when I do it!

Yugoslav

ace_in_the_hole
12-15-2005, 06:41 PM
Is completing here soo bad? If you hit a set, you might get it all-in with said loose opponent.

curtains
12-15-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think it's terrible when I do it!

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh...this is different than those hands where there are 3 limpers and you fold JTo in the SB for 5 chips (or 15 chips for that matter). In any case I never fold here.