PDA

View Full Version : December VIP offers anyone?

miami32
12-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Party has yet to send me an email and I haven't gotten a pop up...

jba
12-15-2005, 03:22 PM
nope, I am finishing my PPA/100MORE bonuses and jumping ship. [censored] YOU PARTY POKER

miami32
12-15-2005, 03:23 PM
lol. I like party.

Back In Black
12-15-2005, 04:15 PM
I am now playing at another site for the first time in more than a year because of this BS that Party is pulling.

imported_azalin
12-15-2005, 06:31 PM
To: xxxxxx.com
Date: Dec 16, 2005 2:07 AM
Subject: Response from PartyPoker.com VIP Club [#xxxxx]
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Delete this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?
Dear xxxx,

Thank you for contacting the Customer Care Team.

You will be receiving your December offer during the latter part of this week. Please keep an eye for emails and pop-ups from ourselves during the next while.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Please let us know if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email or telephone.

Kind Regards,

Catriona Byrne
Poker Customer Care

jba
12-15-2005, 06:58 PM
so is thursday considered the early part or more the middle part of the week? late middle maybe?

Back In Black
12-15-2005, 10:02 PM
It has gotten to this point for me.

To: vip@partypoker.com

So.......am I going to receive any thing from you? I'm not sure if you noticed, but I have taken all of my money off of the party network for the first time in over 2 years.

Well done.

AA suited
12-15-2005, 10:06 PM
do we need 2 dec vip threaDS?!

LImitPlayer
12-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Don't know if this has been covered in another thread since I havent read read these boards in a while but I called Party today and talked to someone in the VIP department and this is what they said:

The VIP club bonus this month is only the 30% up to 100 max pop up bonus. There will not be any other VIP offer this month

I told him that the rep from Party that offered me my November bonus said that my December offer would be better if I met my goals for November (which I doubled)

I bitched about getting a $1,600 bonus in November and asked them if they were joking about offering me $100 for December. He then went on about Santas Party Pack bonus and the Football bonus

I havent played at all this month due to my fiances surgery but I told them I had been playing on a different site because I have not recieved a VIP offer yet for Party. He then urged me to start playing and start saving my Players points as they will be offering a Party Poker millions cruise promotion to VIP players and it will be out this week. I mentioned the week was over as it was 10pm on a Thursday night and he just said it will be out this week.

He then went on about Santas Party Pack bonus and the Football bonus and to keep playing and save those points!

I told them that if this was all im getting I'll keep playing elsewhere, his response was, "I'm sorry to hear that is there anything else I can help you with tonight Sir?"

Guess 20K a month in MGR isnt worthwile enough for them to keep me a as customer.

12-16-2005, 12:17 AM
I sent this:

=======================

Hi,

It's the 15th now, and I have yet to receive my offer for a month that's
half over. As I am a purely SNG player, reload bonuses and other bonuses
requiring raked hands are useless for me, so please don't mention the popups
as I find it insulting. I'm generating thousands of dollars in MGR, and I'm
not working with any affiliates to get "under the table" rakeback. I chose
to give your VIP program a shot. I'm extremely unhappy with the results.

I'm contacting PokerStars to ask them about their VIP program. If they come
out with anything at all for January, I gaurantee you I will send 100% of my
business over to them. As much as I prefer playing on PartyPoker, I'm not
so bad a businessman as to give up hundreds of dollars playing here. I'm
sure after a few weeks I'll get used to PokerStars structure and interface,
and I won't be coming back unless they mess up worse than PartyPoker has.
I'm sure you guys keep up to date on the many public online poker forums.
Many many other people feel the same as I do.

All that said, I do appreciate the courteous responses. Your customer
service team is very professional and quick to respond. In fact, it's the
only reason I'm still at PartyPoker. Your marketing team, however, needs to
catch up and fast. Their execution is sorely lacking.

Here are some of the opinions I've read about PartyPoker December VIP offers
(or lack thereof) in the last 24 hours:

" nope, I am finishing my PPA/100MORE bonuses and jumping ship. [censored]
YOU PARTY POKER -jba"

" I am now playing at another site for the first time in more than a year
because of this BS that Party is pulling. -Back In Black"

" I got a partial bonus for Nov, haven't heard anything from them for
ec. -adspar"

" However, I must admit that I am beginning to drift to the analogy of the
"it's rigged" view with regard to Party's management by thinking that "the
marketing group" really is a group of drooling idiots. This program, as
viewed from a player's perspective, is very poorly run -- labor intensive
without the cooresponding benefits one would expect for the business by
investing all this labor, and communicated in a way that is confusing at
best and outright contradictory at less than worst. The only explanation for
the interminable delays and incompetence that makes any sense to mme is that
Party is watching revenue numbers very closely on a daily basis and is
trying to play with 6 different levers as the month wears on in order to
spend the least but still hit the top-line numbers (i.e., Santa pack,
football thingy, reload bonuses, VIP program, etc.) Just seems to be very
poorly run. -Catt"

" Poorly run is an understatement. A third of the month has gone by and we
don't know what is what.This is not poor it is pathetic. They should be
working on January's offers now and not in Febuary. -JOEL_"

" in this day and age of computers and actuary programs, i am surprised a
billion dollar company is doing stuff by trial and error. -AA suited"

" Yeah. Especially since they have info on the response to previous
promotions (reloads, etc.) over years and years of play. Even if they are
trying to fine tune the quarter, there's no logical reason that this sort of
promotional / loyalty program should be even close to this level of
complexity / confusion / cost. Again, I don't want to disappear down the
rabbit hole of "they're idiots" but I'd surely be interested if I were
running marketing / a manager in marketing resonsible for this program's
budget / a manger responsible for this program / a finance person allocating
for this promotion / a director / a stockholder / etc. -- just makes no
sense. -Catt"

" It's almost as if they are trying to chase us away. -DarkKnight"

The fact that I took the trouble to write all this down should tell you how
badly I want things to work out with PartyPoker. But it should also tell
you that I'm ready to give my business to another online poker site.

Regards,
-Jim

=======================

and got this in response:

===================================

Dear Jim,

Thank you for contacting us.

The VIP offers may change from month to month, hence the offer you receive this month may not be a cash redemption for Player Club Points earned.

We are working on new and exciting offers for the future. PartyPoker Million V cruise packages will be awarded to a number of players based on the number of party points they earn during a specific period. This specific offer is being prepared and you will receive an email or a post log in pop up with further details.

The bonus pops up are software related and will be removed automatically when the promotion end.

Please do keep a look out for emails and post login pop-ups with more info on VIP Offers.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Kapilesh
Poker Customer Care
=========================================

Looks like there will be NO cashback for December at all. I'm switching to PokerStars, and I really didn't want to.

Tk79
12-16-2005, 01:35 AM
Since this is the same letter that a bunch of people got I think its clear that they dont care about what you had to write. You could have typed "where is my VIP bonus?" and you would have gotten the same response. God bless the "Personalized Customer Service" that the VIP program was assured to provide.

player1
12-16-2005, 07:02 AM
hi jim,

thanks for taking the time to put together a convincing email. too bad all they did was send you a form letter. i'm sure you expected as much, but it was worth a try. apparently, either these messages are not getting to the people with influence or worse, they don't give a ... hoot.

regards,
jc

Tk79
12-16-2005, 08:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They dont know, dont show, or just dont care whats goin on in the hood.

[/ QUOTE ]

DarkKnight
12-16-2005, 10:44 AM
After closing my account I sent off an email detailing the various lies that had been told to us and what we as VIPs are looking for.

Below is the exchange that followed. My rep's last email is exceptionally telling.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cc: info@partypoker.com
Subject: RE: Response from PartyPoker.com VIP club

Serkan,

I have closed my account but I'd like to continue this discussion.

While I did get paid some additional money the following was not true

"and I can assure you that you will be credited the amount that was discussed"

I was still shorted another $100 dollars. This really reflect poorly on the VIP program and on your company. My friends and I are noticing a disturbing pattern of deceit on party's part.

Also, either the VIPs were offered a pitiful deposit bonus or there still is no December offer. Either way this is no way to run a railroad. I enjoyed playing at party and I enjoyed your fish but it's very difficult to do business with a company that treats its best customers this way.

Party's actions over the past month almost leads me to conclude that you are trying to run its VIPs to other sites. I've played at party for several years (perhaps 3?) and its sad to see what its come to.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting me,

I do apologize that your November offer was short of $66 which I would have added with out question. It was not my decision to make at the time when you was $166 short and it was escalated to management.

Secondly we have 3 bonuses running in December which you could have taken advantage of, had you not closed your account. Santas promotion, Touch down promotion and the reload bonus. $300 + $300 + $100 respectively. On top of that there is a Christmas bonus which will be released on the 20th of December for our VIP players, where we are giving away a very good number of cruise packages.

I do admit we have had many teething problems with in the process and I know you are clearly upset within that time period. I just wished you spoke to me with your concerns as I would have made you my priority as you were my responsibility.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our email address is vip@partypoker.com

Kind regards,
Serkan
PartyPoker.com VIP Club
Customer Care
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: RE: Response from partypoker.com VIP Club

Serkan,

Thought you'd be interested in the responses from one of the many boads I frequent about how well your VIP program is going over....

"I am now playing at another site for the first time in more than a year because of this BS that Party is pulling"

"nope, I am finishing my PPA/100MORE bonuses and jumping ship.
[censored] YOU PARTY POKER"

"OMG.. I guess i will receive the same answer if i email them.. In November i got more than 45000 points and paid more than 11000$ in rake and they are making fun of us. I am waiting for pokerstars to announce their VIP program."

These are all people like me who play 20K+ hands per month.

Enjoy!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxx

I am not interested in these phantom "boads" of people you refer to! I can read forums just as well as any other person. I know as long as I am on this team we will reach far higher than any other second rated poker site. I swore to you that I will do what ever I could and I have kept that promise. The fact that we shared the same birthday is the only reason your account stood out to me. It seems that you are reluctant to leave us. I don't know why you are living in the past. Now is what is important!

Your decision to leave is your own and now you have closed your account there is nothing further I can do for you. If you can find a service better than mine let me know, now theres a challenge for you if you wish to choose!

Kind regards,
Serkan
PartyPoker.com VIP Club
Customer Care

Sniper
12-16-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your decision to leave is your own and now you have closed your account there is nothing further I can do for you. If you can find a service better than mine let me know, now theres a challenge for you if you wish to choose!

[/ QUOTE ]

ENJOY!!

jba
12-16-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

nope, I am finishing my PPA/100MORE bonuses and jumping ship.
[censored] YOU PARTY POKER"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm famous!!!

12-16-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dear xxx

I am not interested in these <font color="red"> phantom "boads" </font> of people you refer to! I can read forums just as well as any other person. I know as long as I am on this team we will reach far higher than any other second rated poker site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love it! It would have still been funny spelled correctly.

Welcome to the Phantom Forum! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Jeeez.

12-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Another update. I forwarded the form letter response to their Promotions Manager. I only added one line to the top: "You've gotta be kidding me...." I got this response later in the day.

================================

To: bazuul_poker@comcast.net
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 2:38 AM
Subject: PartyPoker.com VIP Program

Jim:

The only thing I can say at this point is that I understand your frustration with this issue.

I only ask you stick with PartyPoker.com while we sort out these issues, and promise it will be cleared up shortly with good results for you, our player.

Thank you,

Daniel Wexler

Promotions Manager

Party Gaming

Email: xxxxxxxx@partygaming.com

Direct: 011 350 78700 ext. xxxxx

http://www.partygaming.com

============================

This is good enough for me to wait out the month. Even if they come up with a decent program, if I don't get compensated for the MGR I've already generated in December, I'm probably moving on to some other site(s).

jba
12-16-2005, 04:54 PM
man, what really really pisses me off is that I want to be on that damn boat in march so they just might suck me in and I absolutely hate myself for that [!@#$%]

12-16-2005, 09:06 PM
ya, I'm a sucker. I will be shooting for the boat too. 5 of em available.

MicroBob
12-16-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5 of em available.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you know this?

FWIW - I played a ton of hands in one week last Feb to win a 'party till you cruise' promotion.
didn't sleep a whole lot that week but I won the cruise...and I cashed in the tourney too.

12-17-2005, 12:14 AM
microbob,

can u give us the details on the promotion where you won your seat last year? how many hands did u play? how many seats were given away? time frame? thanks.

augie00
12-17-2005, 12:35 AM
The cruise isn't going to be 18+ is it...grrr...think they will actually compensate underage VIPs with CASH instead of brushing them off in normal party fashion? I've played 40k hands THIS MONTH. If it's a marathon hand playing promotion for a free cruise, I will win one. I promise.

jba
12-17-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ya, I'm a sucker. I will be shooting for the boat too. 5 of em available.

[/ QUOTE ]

DETAILS, my friend. you sound like you're in the know.

imported_leader
12-17-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The cruise isn't going to be 18+ is it...grrr...think they will actually compensate underage VIPs with CASH instead of brushing them off in normal party fashion?

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll almost certainly screw you over.

MicroBob
12-17-2005, 04:05 AM
Last year on Feb 1 they announced a promotion right at midnight that if you were one of the first 20 players to earn 30k points that week you would get the cruise package ($12.5k in value total...tourney-entry $10k).

They weren't doing the 'regular points' thing for their promotions then.

Happy hours (3a-1p) for double 'bonus-points' was important for this reason (wouldn't matter now that they do 'regular' points for their promo's).

4 tables (the maximum then) of 10/20 6-max.
1 downswing and I would have been back at 5/10.

Most people in the Zoo and on my blog thought I didn't have much of a chance to get a seat. all 20 seats had already been awarded to people who just referred 23 people on fake-accounts (the number you needed to get 30k points I think) or 'teams' in frat-houses or something were playing non-stop 24-hour stretches or that some people knew about it ahead of time and made enough $500 deposits the week before to get all the points without having to do anything else.

I stuck with it though not even knowing if I was 'drawing dead'.

6k points the first day (dinner and basketball game plans for that evening)
8.5k points each of the next 2 days
9k points the last day (just to be sure I got there).

20k hands in 4 days while 4 tabling to make it to 30k points.
This was about 14-15 hours per day I believe including about 16 or 17 hours on the last day.

the last day was really awful, my stomach hurt from all the coffee and soda, and I was a total freaking vegetable.

I started off with a decent upswing to keep myself going.

by the end of it my vision was blurry and I was making REALLY terrible mistakes (raising and re-raising my flopped straight after the board had double-paired, not seeing 4-flushes on the board, etc etc).

I finished -20BB's for my 4 days which i thought was pretty damn good all things considered. I had been up 150BB's at one point though.

They notified me a few days later that I indeed won the package...and on the cruise I placed in the money (177th out of 735 for $5210).

The cruise was awesome hence the reason I'd like to go again.

If they really are only giving out 5 packages to the first 5 people though I suspect there will be much more competition for it this year (lots of you guys trying it mostly) and that it will be more difficult to attain.
I'm hoping they don't do it that way and that there are more packages to go around.

One week after I won my seat they did another one where it was the first 10 players to earn 15k 'regular' points in a 7 day stretch.
I think they just threw out any people who tried to claim it via fake-accounts they signed-up or other weird ways. A couple people in the Zoo were whining that they played by Party's rules but got turned down because Party doubted the validity of the 23 referrals.

I met one 2+2'er on the cruise who told me he followed my lead and played the BBJ tables the 2nd time they did the promotion (faster point accrual on BBJ).

I also met my original party affiliate whom I was NOT getting rake-back from.
He gave me $50 when I signed-up or something (I was just a 1/2 and 2/4 player part-time player at the time and knew nothing about rake-back).

I suspect that he had me on MGR (just assuming) and that it was my play alone that got him the money to buy himself onto the cruise (maybe hewon his way on...not sure) .

I obviously generated a ton of rake that week for him and he made probably made quite a bit of money off of me.

hey, more power to him I guess.

(I have since closed that account when he did not want to provide me any extra incentives to continue playing under his tracker).
not sure I should name that affiliate or not.

Anyway, a big change for this year would be the fact that you can play more than 4 tables max and there are higher-limit tables above 15/30 and 10/20 6-max where you can earn points faster than the lower limits.

but how many out there are really gutsy enough to try to 10-table to 10/20 6-max or the 20/40 full-ring or somethng like that?

Anyway, that's the whole story.

I'm currently half-heartedly doing the promotion on UB for 150k points (300k raked hands) for a Bellagio $25k entry in April. But it's a real battle and I'm not committed to going all the way with it. If party's terms are favorable then I'll do that instead.

12-17-2005, 05:42 PM
here is the one email i got from a vip rep.

I have now reinstated your bonus for you. There are release restrictions
applicable. You are required to play 1000 raked hands by the 23rd December 2005.
As soon as your raked hands have been completed, your $100 will be transferred
from your bonus account to your real money account.

We are having an offer for December. This, like the others will be different to
previous offers. This month, the offer is for one of 5 PartyPoker.com Cruise
giveaways. This will be based on partypoints. You will be sent information on
this promotion within the next week by email or pop up.

Good luck with the promotion. Don't forget that we are still funning the Santa
PartyPack worth up to $300 and the Touch down Tournament to win a share of
$1,000,000 just for answering a few questions about the National Football
League!

Rachel
Poker Customer Care

Not much details besides the 5 cruise giveaways. I'm sure all the vip's will get the pop-up around the same time.

MicroBob
12-17-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget that we are still funning the Santa
PartyPack

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want anyone to be funning on santa's party pack. Just keep your private activities to yourself please.

Daniture
12-18-2005, 07:30 PM
I got the same email about the poker cruises as well. Am i alone here in think that this is absolute junk? I can pretty much guarentee that there is no chance in hell of me "winning" a package if its based on monthly points quite honestly because while i play alot poker is not my life.

Cosimo
12-20-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is good enough for me to wait out the month.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like bait-n-switch to me. I expect that party isn't paying out because they don't have to to keep you guys. "We promise, just keep playing and we'll have something for you later." They'll keep stringing people along as long as you keep playing.

Except to the extent that sharks keep games going, I think Party loses by having us play there. Any money we pull out of the game means the fish go broke faster, which means Party takes less rake. I honestly don't think Party has an interest in keeping us around.

augie00
12-20-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am i alone here in think that this is absolute junk?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not alone. Party sucks and I'm moving to stars next year.

TheMetetron
12-20-2005, 06:07 AM
If they indeed do a cruise promotion, I will go on an ADSHOC for as many days as is necessary. 10 tabling the $10/20 6max is no problem for me and I'd probably earn a crapload in the time to make it worth it anyways.

I gotta email these idiots again to add me to the program, though I'm not sure what program even exists at this point.

12-20-2005, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You are not alone. Party sucks and I'm moving to stars next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been playing on Ultimate Bet.

They have excellent software. It's faster than Party, and I thought Party was fast. I usually get at least 80-90 hands per hour in at UB.

They have a beter rake structure than Party.

It's actually a better deal.

The only negative is the game selection. But once the day gets going I'm able to get 3 tables up.

If more people switched to Ultimate Bet, I would be able to get my 4 to 6 tables up.

Euro Bet software sticks, rake structure stinks.
PokerStars, no rakeback. Even with their "new" VIP program, their not gonna give us cash rakeback.
Paradise, no rakeback, limited games selection.
And all the others have below average software,no rakeback, and/or terrible game selection.

So Ultimate Bet is the best choice for me. I would just like more people to start playing there.

blue_water

imported_azalin
12-20-2005, 09:36 AM
Lattest emails i received.

The VIP offer for December will be a points-for-cruise deal.

Earn x points and redeem them for a PartyPoker.com Million V cruise package.

More information will come out this week.

The VIP offer will change from month to month, and it will not always be a points-for-cash or hands-for-cash offer.

Thank you,

Daniel Wexler

Promotions Manager

Party Gaming

Dear xxxx,

First of all I would like to express my appreciation for your patience.

I have to admit that the information that was sent out to you is very contradicting and I would like to apologize for that once again.

Please note that the information I sent out to you in my earlier e-mail today still stands. I am very sorry that this month we don't have a bonus offer for you similar to the one last month.

I have forwarded your concern to our management. They will look into it and decide on the best course of action.

Wouterv
Party Poker VIP Club
Customer Care

TimM
12-22-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If more people switched to Ultimate Bet, I would be able to get my 4 to 6 tables up.

Euro Bet software sticks, rake structure stinks.
PokerStars, no rakeback. Even with their "new" VIP program, their not gonna give us cash rakeback.
Paradise, no rakeback, limited games selection.
And all the others have below average software,no rakeback, and/or terrible game selection.

So Ultimate Bet is the best choice for me. I would just like more people to start playing there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to try UB next. I will probably try some of the other sites later in the year. The main problem is that only Party seems to have enough tables at the limits I want to play. Perhaps I would be able to play multiple sites to get enough tables.

Party may still wind up being the most profitable place for me to play (especially if I move up in limits), but I hate the idea that my entire income depends on the whims of one such company. At least if I can prove to myself that other sites are viable for me, this will alleviate those concerns. Of course if Party had never cut off the skins I wouldn't even be considering giving some of my play to other sites.

Daniture
12-22-2005, 07:13 AM
yeah thats where i am stuck right now. Party has continually lied to me and been decieptful and does not deserve any of my business. That being said I have a hard time finding tables in quantity at other sites which are so easily beatable.

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't

Nick-Zack
12-22-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If they indeed do a cruise promotion, I will go on an ADSHOC for as many days as is necessary. 10 tabling the $10/20 6max is no problem for me and I'd probably earn a crapload in the time to make it worth it anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta love that 18 year old confidence at work.

AA suited
12-22-2005, 07:01 PM
let me guess... no vip offer by Dec 21, like someone posted when he spoke to VIP?

KDawgCometh
12-23-2005, 12:23 AM
nope, other then that [censored] party points thing to get into a free roll for the cruise

12-23-2005, 04:22 AM
I actually got a call from VIP tonight related to another matter (hadn't been getting response e-mails from info/party about my last sunday's football submission) so I finally wrote to VIP with a CC to info to find out if they were in fact getting my e-mails. The gal I spoke with was very nice and said they had been responding to me but apparently I'm not getting them. She said she wanted to take the opportunity to find out what other "concerns I might have about anything and if she might address them" and she specifically mentioned that this month's VIP offers were the Cruises and that they would vary by month.

So I dunno... It seems some posts lately have indicated that cash offers are being made but plenty of others are just getting the Cruise bit.

I had my husband check on the mail thing to see if there were messages going to some bulk file and now there are 532 messages on there and interestingly enough, none from info/party so I have no idea what to make of that either. I was thinking that maybe Daniel Wexler/Promotions Manager put a whammy on me because his was the last direct e-mail I've had from them.

Am I a marked woman /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

-S&amp;SGW

MicroBob
12-23-2005, 05:04 AM
Some ISP's will suddenly decide to block e-mails from certain internet-gaming sites before they even make it to your bulk-folder.

When I had AOL they would do this and it was EXTREMELY frustrating.
First...they had party blocked for a month or two....then they had Empire blocked for a month or two. There was ZERO way to get your e-mails or HH's from many of the addresses at the sites.

And it took me forever to figure out why I wasn't getting the e-mails in the first place.
Bam...suddenly my HH's stopped coming (before they were automatically on the hard-drive I needed to have 100 HH's e-mailed at a time for poker-tracker).

They did it to Paradise and Stars at different points too...but both of those sites put up pop-ups that said 'attention: If you are an AOL customer then your e-mails from us are being blocked BY AOL. we are working with AOL to fix this problem.'
If Party had more quickly figured out the problem and given this courtesy it would have saved me a whole world of headaches.
(the cust-serv people at AOL didn't even know they were blocking AOL until I got the 4th or 5th rep there).

Anyway...I promise you that it does indeed happen (although might not have been the case in your situation).

One quick way to find out is to try to have your current e-mail address 'validated' under the my-account tab.
If you need to then get a different e-mail addres (like yahoo or gmail or whatever)....get that address on party validated...and you will be able to communicate with them while your ISP screws around blocking e-mails that you actually WANT.

Not sure if this was the case with you or not...but it certainly could still be happening to some people.

12-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Thanks Bob, we sent an e-mail to Clearwire to ask if they are blocking some of the mail. Depending on their response, I will attempt to open another e-mail account somewhere.

Thanks again,
-S&amp;SGW

MicroBob
12-23-2005, 07:15 PM
don't just go based on clearwire's response...because the cust-serv rep who responds might not even know.

just click the 'request validation code' on the party lobby.
if THAT e-mail doesn't come through then you KNOW it's getting blocked.

and set up a yahoo address really quick and check it out via that address.

good luck.

12-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Okay Bob, I did the Party e-mail validation and it worked just fine so now I don't know what to think except that in fact they didn't send me any responses from info/party to those several e-mails I sent. Maybe info/party has me on ignore now that I'm a VIP, lmaooooo, yeah right...

Again, thanks!

-S&amp;SGW

StellarWind
12-24-2005, 01:27 AM
An easy way to check your Party/X-Party email is to open the cashier, click &lt;History&gt; and &lt;Email this to my Email address&gt;. It should arrive promptly and it's also handy for your records.

Validation works too but then you need to follow up by entering your new code or your email really won't work anymore.

12-24-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

So I dunno... It seems some posts lately have indicated that cash offers are being made but plenty of others are just getting the Cruise bit.

-S&amp;SGW

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is your first month as VIP, then you also get a cash for hands offer.

MicroBob
12-24-2005, 04:10 AM
fwiw - there was a stretch where I was able to get HH's...but couldn't get other things from party.

but i do agree that it looks like they were just ignoring you.

12-24-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-S&amp;SGW

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is your first month as VIP, then you also get a cash for hands offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if that's the case it just goes to show that Party continues to do things that defy logic. One would think they would be offering cash incentives to those who have already proved themselves as VIPs, willing to generate raked hands/MGR.

-S&amp;SGW

Sniper
12-24-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well if that's the case it just goes to show that Party continues to do things that defy logic. One would think they would be offering cash incentives to those who have already proved themselves as VIPs, willing to generate raked hands/MGR.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rackback &lt; Bonus &lt; Bonus+Rakeback &lt; Fish!!!... Enjoy!

This month from Party...
Don't forget Party's Santa... $300 for 3100 points (100x31)
Football potentially up to $800+
ScratchOff prizes
2 different account specific reloads
The PPA Bonus

While no real VIP bonus this month, they still are giving away quite a bit of money!
... and if you are doing the santa, all the other stuff clears concurrently with that.

12-24-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While no real VIP bonus this month, they still are giving away quite a bit of money!
... and if you are doing the santa, all the other stuff clears concurrently with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you totally babe. The bonuses as they are now are better for someone like me who grinds out a lot of hands at lower limits. I was only pointing out how strange I find it that "first timers" were getting cash offers as indicated in the post I replyed to. That is what doesn't make much sense to me.

-S&amp;SGW

hemstock
12-25-2005, 07:46 PM
So WHY THE HELL would a company lie to it's customers? I don't get this. After telling us that "your vip plan is being worked on as we speak" and "you should be receiving an email or a pop-up any day now" we get nothing.
F you party!

gisb0rne
12-25-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So WHY THE HELL would a company lie to it's customers? I don't get this. After telling us that "your vip plan is being worked on as we speak" and "you should be receiving an email or a pop-up any day now" we get nothing.
F you party!

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it really doesn't matter to them. Just like we wonder how with all the competition rake rates don't go down and how Party can nix rakeback without losing customers. 95% of online poker players are completely ignorant or don't care about things like this.

Nicok7
12-26-2005, 10:35 AM
There's still a few days left, I hear an offer should arrive sometimes this week /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DarkKnight
12-26-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There's still a few days left, I hear an offer should arrive sometimes this year /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Sniper
12-26-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's still a few days left, I hear an offer should arrive sometimes NEXT year /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

12-27-2005, 11:07 PM
What does FYP mean?

Catt
12-28-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What does FYP mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed Your Post.

imported_leader
12-28-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So WHY THE HELL would a company lie to it's customers?

[/ QUOTE ]

The company is filled with idiots.

[ QUOTE ]
F you party!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
To:info@partypoker.com

Hello,

Please close my account. I no longer wish to play on your site.

Regards,

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't know how good it felt to write that.

Sniper
12-28-2005, 01:08 PM
I'm excited... How's this for an offer... just received today (12/28)...

Sniper:

I received your email, and I apologize for the delay.

I will review your account at the end of the month and add a VIP bonus for your December play. Bonuses will be awarded by January 6.

I will also add your name to the VIP list to make sure you get the VIP offers sent to you.

Thank you,
Daniel Wexler
Promotions Manager
Party Gaming

12-28-2005, 02:21 PM
WTG Babe, may I ask what limits you were playing? I may have to write ol danny boy again myself and suck up a bit!

lmaoooo, just got my own joke there! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

-S&amp;SGW

jba
12-28-2005, 02:33 PM
i hate that daniel guy

MicroBob
12-28-2005, 03:16 PM
yeah...that Daniel guy seemed intentionally obtuse regarding the whole November situation.

I (we) would say, "I was told by YOUR reps that I would get proportionally paid even if I didn't meet the target."
He would say, "We can't pay you that way because of this-and-that."
Then I would say, "Then why did YOUR people tell me otherwise?"
Then he would say AGAIN, "Please understand that we are not going to pay you that way because of this-and-that" without at all trying to be accountable for the fact that HIS reps lied/were wrong.

If that Daniel guy starts getting that club together again and starts getting the players some REAL offers then I'll be happy to consider them.

jba
12-28-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If that Daniel guy starts getting that club together again and starts getting the players some REAL offers then I'll be happy to consider them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't. I'm more than a little pissed.

they shorted me in November, and upon reflection I'm pretty sure they intentionally refused to email offers because they wanted to say one thing when they meant another. I was definitely lied to about the rules regarding the nov. promotion.

Then for three weeks Mr Wexler leads me to believe that dec offers are forthcoming and while never quite lying certainly led me and others to believe that we should keep playing and would receive bonuses on current play. Then he avoids my last email for ten days (while I've seen others post email exchanges on this board) and finally comes back with "well I guess you got the cruise email by now right? that's december", total B.S. as I was basically not eligible; i'd spent 40k points in the last month or so on freerolls and there's no way I was going to try to get 45k pts by jan 6.

total BS, and to I'm fairly certain now that the coloring of facts was intentional to get skins players to switch. I don't think I will ever trust party again after this debacle. I'm going to spend my PPM semi tickets next week and then it's bye bye potty for me.

I'm pretty sure i'll be grinding away on stars for a while. I was already planning on dropping a few grand at dell in the next few months and entering a couple WSOP prelims this summer, so why not right? One thing I wish stars was doing is not delaying the gold/platinum freerolls until the last weekend of the month. it would have been neat to have a little platinum status marathon to try to get a huge overlay on that first saturday. they should have done this IMO, but oh well..

MicroBob
12-28-2005, 04:36 PM
As you know from my previous posts, I can hardly blame you for your feelings regarding Daniel, various mistruths, and party in general.

"led me and others to believe that we should keep playing and would receive bonuses on current play. "

I never saw anything that I thought really implied this.

I had stopped playing on party for the most part because I wasn't getting anything extra (I did the $100 reload bonus...and then the cruise-marathon).

But you obviously weren't alone in believing that you might be getting some sort of credit for your December play.

I have officially won my seat on the cruise.
Last year I met a party-rep who was 'seeking input' after buying a round of drinks at one of the small bars.
But he was bombarded by drunks who wanted to know all about the rigged-cards the cash-out curse and the risk of playing against robots 'how do we even know they are real people??'
It was really ridiculous.
I think that EVERYONE on the cruise completely believed this stuff. Seriously.

But if I meet someone from Party again I might see if I can address the issues regarding the VIP club.

However...I'll be there to drink and have a good time...so talking VIP-club politics with a party-rep won't be too high on my priority list (if they won't really listen to the e-mails then why would they listen face-to-face).

But if I see someone with a Daniel Wexler name-badge I might not be able to resist.

Other reps like mike O'Malley were pretty accessable last year but I didn't get around to introducing myself.

phifediggy
12-28-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
F you party!

[/ QUOTE ]

an alternate meaning for FYP. such a useful acronym

DanS
12-28-2005, 06:52 PM
This is the month I'm finally done with Party.

They offered me a stellar 15k hands/$450 bonus. I had already received an e-mail saying that I had done 14.5k hands, so after my next session of 4-tabling, I e-mailed VIP. I was told I had played 11.5 hands, and the previous e-mail had been a mistake. So then I played a bit more, e-mailed again, and received a "Congratulations" e-mail. I cashed out, and made sure I kept a copy of the confirmation of hands played.

[censored] Party in every which way. I've accepted that their service sucks, so they better make the best VIP offer ever for me to play there at all. Goddamn clowns.