PDA

View Full Version : 6.50 turbo, wait 1 hand or push

12-15-2005, 02:08 PM
I have pushed successfully several times now. The two bigger stacks don't impress me with their play. I know I beat a lot of hands, but I am worried about getting called. What is the standard play here? I only have to wait one more for shorty to be all in by blinds.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

UTG (t350)
Hero (t665)
SB (t8360)
BB (t4125)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t675) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks.

Turn: (t675) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks.

River: (t675) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t800</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: t1475

xJMPx
12-15-2005, 02:13 PM
Push this 100% of the time. This is where you want Ax to call you, you need to double up.

Sorry, I didn't realize that UTG is all-in next hand. I still probably push because you are not far enough ahead of UTG, if he doubles up through one of the big stacks random hands, you're suddenly favoured to go out in fourth. TT is a powerfull hand four handed.

I'll be interested to hear other's comments.

durron597
12-15-2005, 02:34 PM
If the SB and BB always both call with any two this is slightly -EV. But I think I push anyway because sometimes you get isolated and if UTG triples up next hand you're pretty much guaranteed to bubble.

11t
12-15-2005, 02:50 PM
If you had more chips I would fold here, especially versus loose call monkeys in the blinds.

As it stands though I don't think folding garuntees 3rd and if UTG wins his race you are in a bad place.

tigerite
12-15-2005, 02:51 PM
I'd push here. Even if it might be slightly -EV if they call with any two, I've seen people even fold here, and besides which I doubt pushing any two UTG wil be less -EV so yeah, put the chips in.

Burno
12-15-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the SB and BB always both call with any two this is slightly -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Push hands: 99+ (3%)

One of us is confused.

Though we both agree it's a push, there's no way you're getting called by both 100% of the time. As you said, sometimes you will be isolated, but also, believe it or not, they will both fold a tiny % of the time as well.