PDA

View Full Version : Calling with a 3-high flush...

stillbr
12-15-2005, 01:44 PM
The BB has Tagish stats but does some donk things. Seems like he read a book about starting hands and has no idea how to play. Button is a way too loose calling station. Anyways....

PS 2-4

Folded to me in the CO with 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Button coldcalls. BB calls.

Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif q /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, I raise, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, I check behind

River: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, I call.

Thoughts??? I dont know if I like it or not.

shant
12-15-2005, 01:47 PM
I don't like your preflop or flop play with your read of the Button.

sean c
12-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Did you raise pre flop?

gopnik
12-15-2005, 01:51 PM
why not bet the turn and take a free showdown? if Button reraises you than it's an easy fold.

imported_smoove
12-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Sigh...would Villain lead out with a flush draw after you raised preflop (or ever?)? You say he doesn't seem to know what he's doing. So is he wily enough to suspect you're stealing and donk the flop for that reason? I'm leaning towards folding this flop. Just too much trouble. I'm lost on the river. I want to fold, but I suppose I'll call one.

stillbr
12-15-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you raise pre flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

SnglMaltScotch
12-15-2005, 02:02 PM
I don't like any street but the turn. Really. I don't raise 33 from the CO with a loose button. I definitely don't raise a donk bet on the flop without a spectacular read. I might!! call with the flush on the end. But I would expect to lose.

stillbr
12-15-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sigh...would Villain lead out with a flush draw after you raised preflop (or ever?)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he will pretty much every single time. I've also seen him donk bet the flop, check/fold the turn.

Considering the way I played the flop, I dont know if I like betting the turn better.

stillbr
12-15-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why not bet the turn and take a free showdown? if Button reraises you than it's an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking about. The bb is NEVER check-raising the turn on a bluff.

shant
12-15-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking about. The bb is NEVER check-raising the turn on a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but if he checkraises 2-pair or something your draw might still be good. I like the turn/river play.

TheHip41
12-15-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did you raise pre flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

33 is not a very good hand to stealing with if you are gonig to get called.

flop, just fold, if he has a flush draw, you are actually an underdog, if he has a pair, you are drawing to 2-4 outs.

river, i guess since you made it this far, i'd call, but i wouldn't like it.

stillbr
12-15-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but if he checkraises 2-pair or something your draw might still be good. I like the turn/river play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the exact reason I checked. I dont know which one I like better.

gopnik
12-15-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's very unlikely that 2-pair would risk checking this through without a club, but who knows. I would not /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SuitedDucks
12-15-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you may got donked on the river(bluff or legit) so you cant always assume you'll get the free showdown

stillbr
12-15-2005, 06:01 PM
I still dont know what I like best. Anyways....

BB had QJ no club and MHIG.

shant
12-15-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's very unlikely that 2-pair would risk checking this through without a club, but who knows. I would not /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
This assumes that your opponent plays good and thinks about these possibilities. Most of the time they don't.

pokerjunky
12-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Even if he's betting a flush draw on the flop he still probably has around 15 outs against you. Just fold.