PDA

View Full Version : ($60) brotha bigstack taking the lead PF

bluefeet
12-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Not really a 'what do you do here?' post, more of a general 'hows the line?'.

UTG has played very well to this point - not sure what to make of the minraise.

We have yet to play a hand together on the bubble, each giving way to each others PF raises. Both mid-stacks had been relatively passive.

Seat 9: (4500 in chips) UTG
Seat 2: (1795 in chips) Button
bluefeet (4395 in chips) SB
Seat 8: (2810 in chips) BB
all post the ante 25
bluefeet: posts small blind 100
Seat 8: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bluefeet [A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
Seat 9: raises 200 to 400
1 fold
bluefeet: calls 300
Seat 8: calls 200
*** FLOP *** [Ks 6s Ac]
bluefeet: bets 800

I was willing to check-fold a whiff with a decent c-bet from UTG (or BB for that mattter).
Having hit...I had the chips to spend, and figured it'd be a good time to define my hand.
Regarding UTG...the plan was to fold to a push, check-call the turn with a call here.
I would have gone to the felt with BB had he wanted too, asssuming UTG was out of the way.

What do you think?

PF? Too weak for your liking?
Flop plan?

Burno
12-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Has he min-raised before? You said he stole your blind once, what was the raise size?

What about re-raising preflop? You said he's good. A decent player will have a hard time calling a reraise from the other big stack on the bubble without a real hand, especially when the raise has the added legitimacy of coming from out of the SB.

But I'm also struggling to come up with a reraise amount that will let you c-bet the flop and still have room to get away.

What about making it 1400-1600ish, folding to a push, and sticking the rest in on every flop except monsters? Fearless or foolish?

xJMPx
12-15-2005, 04:18 PM
I like your line.

Preflop: Your options are fold, call, raise. I don't like the fold, your getting great odds with a decent hand here. I don't like the raise, if you get called you will be playing a big pot out of position with the only stack that can bust you. So, yea a call seems good.

Flop: Again, I like your lead. Check-raising, check-calling, check-folding are all options (this assumes UTG will c-bet). However, check-raising again builds a big pot out of position, check-folding is too weak, and check-calling won't define your hand and leave you with a difficult turn decision if UTG fires again.

With your lead, I think it's fine to fold to any resistance from UTG.

Burno
12-15-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
check-call the turn with a call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If called the pot will be 2800 and you'll have 3200 behind. I don't understand.

bluefeet
12-15-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
check-call the turn with a call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If called the pot will be 2800 and you'll have 3200 behind. I don't understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry...check-[call/fold?] would be more accurate. The point being I didn't plan to hit the turn again if he cold-called (fearing 2pair, set, etc.).

To answer your other questions - we had only made a couple laps around the track 4-handed. 2.5-3.5x had been the norm prior. And yes, the re-reraise-push & the OOP+bigpot problems kept me from reraising PF. Plus, I didn't want to discourage BB from joining in vs. what were likely two strong hands.

tigerite
12-15-2005, 04:56 PM
I think this line is fine, but I might check/call this flop, because he can push you off here with such a wide range, if he knows what he's doing.