PDA

View Full Version : Only for Russian Speakers (sorry to the rest of OOT)

jackdaniels
12-15-2005, 12:25 PM
This was simply too good to pass up posting on, unfortunately, it is in Russian so I may have a limited audience here. For those lucky enough to speak the language, enjoy:

http://www.multgames.onru.ru/multgames/multopen/597.html

Extra funny if you or someone you know smokes the reefer!

gobboboy
12-15-2005, 01:20 PM
I think this is funniest when you DON'T speak the language and YOU smoke the reefer. I don't know a single word of russian and this is hilarious.

bugstud
12-15-2005, 01:21 PM
I can read it, but cannot understand.

samjjones
12-15-2005, 01:26 PM
http://www.unityworldhq.org/Images/YakovSmirnoff.jpg

DarkForceRising
12-15-2005, 01:59 PM
I caught the yobonie belad na hooey part but the rest, kasazhaleneeyoo, Ya nee poneemayoo.

jackdaniels
12-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I had to watch it like 5 times before I got all the jokes/references - my russian sucks.

But it got better every time!!!!!!!!!!

Sightless
12-15-2005, 03:13 PM
Oh man this joke is old and over the past 2 weeks everyone keeps telling me it :/ not very funny

B Dids
12-15-2005, 03:13 PM
This thread is pointless without Dr. Savage

Go Blue
12-15-2005, 03:20 PM
otlyichno!

WackityWhiz
12-15-2005, 03:54 PM
stan nas vaieee calanie ee lezeir myee yayatza

Just sounding out a phrase I learned from high school

DarkForceRising
12-15-2005, 04:12 PM
My favorite is, "Hooey yemo vrot shto bwee galava nee kochalis". I guess it means something like "Someone put a (censored) in his mouth to keep his head from swinging back and forth".

What cracks me up is when someone (usually older) says something like, "That's a bunch of hooey". As anyone with remedial knowledge of Russian is aware "hooey" means "schlong" and is often the basis of their vulgarity.

There was an ad in the paper a few years back announcing a demonstration by a fly fishing expert named "Tim Hooey". I clipped the ad and showed it to my Russian and Ukrainian friends who, of course, derived great amusement from it.

12-15-2005, 10:52 PM
It really wasn't that funny. I've seen funnier. I wonder how many of you actually speak my mother tongue or just know the bad words "yebat'", "blyad'", "pizdets", etc.

waffle
12-15-2005, 11:00 PM
he keeps repeating a word that sounds like 'gienya' near the end, what does it mean?

PoBoy321
12-15-2005, 11:02 PM
I've taken 3 semesters of Russian and have no idea what's going on.

PoBoy321
12-15-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he keeps repeating a word that sounds like 'gienya' near the end, what does it mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of Russian words end like that.

Go Blue
12-15-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"gyena" is the crocodile's name...he's trying to remember it...

Yes? cheburashka i gyena? as far as I remember?

waffle
12-15-2005, 11:12 PM
ok. what's the general plot line, i don't get it at all? something about retrieving a towel?

12-16-2005, 03:01 AM
It's a male name. He was trying to recall his friend's name.

12-16-2005, 03:10 AM
When they got home the croc told him he was going to take a shower and told him not to smoke the weed. He called out from the shower to his friend to bring him a towel and the friend was debating how to do this in a way that the croc wouldn't realized he was high as a kite.

12-16-2005, 03:13 AM
Really? For example? I mean, I know for a fact that the diminutive of Genady is Genya, but I'm not sure which other words end in "genya" and I've been speaking the language my whole life.

12-16-2005, 08:40 AM
Hm. I got like half of the storyline, but not the jokes. I filled in the blanks by looking at the picture. I don't think something like 'oy blya, <xyz>' qualifies as a joke.

BTW, some NSFW material in the uuhm, acquaintances section. But my guess is if you speak Russian, there's a good chance you won't get fired over something like that /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jackdaniels
12-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Ok, looks like not only Russian Speakers checked this out, so for the benefit of those who do not speak "sputnik" I will give a break down of what's going in the skit:

RussianBear got the general idea:

[ QUOTE ]
When they got home the croc told him he was going to take a shower and told him not to smoke the weed. He called out from the shower to his friend to bring him a towel and the friend was debating how to do this in a way that the croc wouldn't realized he was high as a kite.

[/ QUOTE ]

The main point in the vid is to relay the experience of someone who is stoned, did something he wasn't supposed to do (smoke said weed) and facing what is supposed to be a mundane task (get the towel) which becomes EXTREMELY difficult in his high state of mind. Many stoner experiences are displayed here:

1. He looks in the mirror thinking it is "written all over his face" that he is high;
2. He imagines the steps of going to the bedroom and getting the towel, then forgets to actually get it and goes to the shower.
3. He actually goes to the bedroom to gets the towel, stops for a second and says: "Now what the hell am I doing in the bedroom?"
4. He plans what to say to the croc and can't seem to get it right (always saying: "He is going to know I'm high, I have to say it simpler, it has to be simpler" - finally settling on the phrase he keeps repeating as he walks to the door: "Genya, here" - as he holds the towel in front of him)
5. He finally walks into the bathroom, forgets who his friend is and yells: "AHHHHHHHHHH! there is a croc in the bathtub!!".

The End. (Disclaimer: I am no comedian so the above isn't supposed to be funny, just a breakdown for those who don't understand the language).

BTW - RussianBear, you say you have seen funnier ones, this is your opportunity to post them! Right here, in this thread, feel free to post any Russian language vids/skits you think are funny. OOT Ruskies will decide.

12-16-2005, 11:41 AM
No, you're right, it's really not funny. As for jokes, there aren't any.

12-16-2005, 11:54 AM
1. I didn't know there was a large contingent of Russian-speaking 2+2ers.
2. I saw them with a friend of mine who was a big pothead, but has since quit smoking weed. I'll ask him what the site was though.

Sightless
12-16-2005, 12:59 PM
This is pretty funny, but you have to be either high or mildly retarted to find it funny.

http://adiakov.free.fr/files/video/nononyny/ny-ny-ny-no-no-no.avi

this is funny as well and doesnt require Russian langauge to understand whats going on

http://www.break.com/articles/drunkinterview.html

12-16-2005, 02:47 PM
That one with the worker has been floating around online for a while. It's really not that funny though. Just a guy complaining about not getting paid and a drunk guy in the background clueless as to what's going on. Maybe it's not funny since that's an everyday occurance in Russia.
EDIT: Before you ask, both are everyday occurances, people not getting paid for long periods of time and drunks wandering about aimlessly.

adanthar
12-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Hahah, that was pretty funny. Thanks!

Yobz
12-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Freaking awesome, sending it out to my whole family! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yads
12-16-2005, 08:08 PM
N1

AlexSem
12-16-2005, 08:10 PM
lol pizdets /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ya chut' ne ussalsa. KROKODIL MOETSA! lol /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Very funny indeed.

AlexSem
12-16-2005, 08:12 PM
http://www.multgames.onru.ru/multgames/multopen/548.html

had to add that in