PDA

View Full Version : FT 5 to go. TT with action.

12-15-2005, 10:12 AM
This is just estimates but pretty much spot on.
Blinds 500/1,000

Short Stack 6,000
Villain 15,000
Hero 32,000

Short stack raise to 4,000 UTG... Villain moves all in immediately afterwards and it folds to you in the BB and you look down at TT. Action?

Read on villain is that he overvalue all of his hand. I have seen him play A rag hard and with alot of betting post flop before. This sounds like an easy call but its a top 2 heavy payout so that kinda makes it less of an easy call sicne I have a nice stack compared to the rest. I'm second in chips. CL has around 40,000 and the other one a bit over 10,000

12-15-2005, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I think you've got to.

Rickyroodido
12-15-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This sounds like an easy call but its a top 2 heavy payout so that kinda makes it less of an easy call sicne I have a nice stack compared to the rest. I'm second in chips. CL has around 40,000 and the other one a bit over 10,000

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldnt that make it an even easier call?
I mean it sounds like a good spot to take the lead, and your stil live if your wrong or get unlucky. Sounds like a good gamble to me.

12-15-2005, 10:23 AM
You're second in chips and you stay second if the ss wins, and are third with four left if 15k wins and first with three left if you win.

Sam T.
12-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Maybe I'm alone on this, but I'm not entirely sure that this is such an easy call. I'm not so worried about the Villain as the shortstack. With what range of hands does a player raise 75%? Sure it's a donk raise regardless (and I would not be surprised to see 77 or something similarly silly here), but much of the time this is a monster trying to triple up. If that's the case, you are playing entirely for the side pot.

So, it is 15k for you to call, and if you don't beat shorty you can only win the side pot of 6k. Lay this down.

12-15-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm alone on this, but I'm not entirely sure that this is such an easy call. I'm not so worried about the Villain as the shortstack. With what range of hands does a player raise 75%? Sure it's a donk raise regardless (and I would not be surprised to see 77 or something similarly silly here), but much of the time this is a monster trying to triple up. If that's the case, you are playing entirely for the side pot.

So, it is 15k for you to call, and if you don't beat shorty you can only win the side pot of 6k. Lay this down.

[/ QUOTE ]

shorty is 6k and villain is 15k so main pot is 18k+ and side pot is 18k

12-15-2005, 10:56 AM
Odd raise granted but I still call. I don't think that the 4000 raise can really mean anything, although I suppose it might depend on my read of the player, but he's got to think that, however odd the raise, anyone who likes their cards enough to call 4000 is going to put him all in for the rest. So even though it's a very strange, probably unreadable, play I think that with 10 10 there is a very good chance that you have one of them beat (more likely the second) and you may get lucky and eliminate two. I think that's worth the risk.

Rickyroodido
12-15-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the shortstack is acting fishy, but I think he will fold /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Nah... I didnt consider him in my reply since OP defined the reraiser as the concern. But I think I would call anyway, but I dont like it as much anymore.
Shorty could aswell be trying to induce everyone to think he has a monster, he is just to short to earn that creed. If he has AA, so be it. Hero will still be in good shape in the sidepot if his read is right.

12-15-2005, 11:30 AM
The shortstack is of no concern for me to be honest. I'd call an all in from him aswell as the 75% raise of his stack. Sure, the 75% raise more suspicion against him than an all in but I still call him HU with TT here, or wait, I raise him all in.

12-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Anyway, I called with my TT based on that villain here could go all in trying to isolate and boy was I wrong. He showed KK but I rivered a 10. Muhaha.

Anyway, the shortstacked folded! And he showed us KJ. I was just stunned...

12-15-2005, 04:31 PM
You have the reraiser's range beat here and have to call. Each hand could also have an ace giving you an even greater edge. I think this guy could make that reraise w/ AT+,77+,KQ. The short stack could have an even larger range being so desperate for chips.