PDA

View Full Version : blind battle for tstone

Victor
12-15-2005, 10:11 AM
ok i hate villain. dude has been 3betting me at all my tables. hes 25/18/31. some is short some is full. full table he has 3bet me with aq, a9, kqs, 77. hes called me down unimproved with acehigh every time even when i cr flop or turn or bluff river.

folded to me in the sb and i raise ajo, he 3bets and i cap.

flop is k84. i bet and he calls.

turn is 3. check, check.

river 9. i bet...

spydog
12-15-2005, 10:35 AM
I think there's more value to be had from checking and inducing a bluff then betting and getting called by a worse Ace hi.

I think he's really weak most of the time but doesn't want to fold the flop for metagame purposes. It would be hard to him to check behind with complete crap when you have checked to him twice. I think he stabs here a lot.

Danenania
12-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Seems good. Betting river is the best option imo. What was your turn plan if he bet?

Wynton
12-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Can you explain your reasoning behind not leading the turn?

Victor
12-15-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

Wynton
12-15-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty please?

Poldi
12-15-2005, 02:31 PM
I like it. If he´s aggro I want to get this to showdown and he ll bet most of his hands on the turn anyway. Given that he checked, his hand doesnt look very good so I like the riverbet and expect to get called by a worse A alot.

12-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Looks really easy all the way through. Nice hand.

TStoneMBD
12-15-2005, 04:45 PM
i like it. turn check is definitely standard and i think the river bet has value.

Victor
12-15-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty please?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, im not quite sure why i checked the turn. something about getting to sd cheaply and not getting blown off a hand.

Chris Daddy Cool
12-15-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because getting raised makes you cry.

Wynton
12-15-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty please?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, im not quite sure why i checked the turn. something about getting to sd cheaply and not getting blown off a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for humoring me.

This is probably pretty obvious to most of you. I just thought that, after hero has shown all that aggression, it wouldn't be that likely that villain would raise the turn without having us beat, and few outs. But on the other hand, it sounded like he was capable of calling with worse Ace.

baronzeus
12-15-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm pretty sure if you bet and get raised on the turn, you can easily fold. There's like a 1% chance he's bluffing on that board. So I think you should bet the turn, and possibly even the river.

Edit: I don't bet these turns every time either, but I do like to mix it up at a good frequency.

Victor
12-15-2005, 07:54 PM
yea i wasnt be a dick or coy. i honestly dont know why i did it or if it was the best move.

12-15-2005, 08:01 PM
If I'm determined to go to showdown I check the turn a lot here. Usually my opponent will be obliged to bet with both the hands I'm ahead of and behind.

Victor
12-15-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure if you bet and get raised on the turn, you can easily fold. There's like a 1% chance he's bluffing on that board. So I think you should bet the turn, and possibly even the river.

Edit: I don't bet these turns every time either, but I do like to mix it up at a good frequency.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok that makes sense to me now. i will bet/fold here often but since this pot is quite large at this point i really dont want to blown off a hand or have to make a tough decision.

dave44
12-15-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's like a 1% chance he's bluffing on that board. So I think you should bet the turn, and possibly even the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say with one face card and a bunch of crap, this is a pretty excellent board to bluff at. Hero could be capping lightly pissed off at all the 3-bets with a hand like QJ and would certainly be in a tough spot with a hand like 77 or AJ facing a turn raise.

dave44
12-15-2005, 08:45 PM
I think your turn play should depend highly on how lightly you think he'd be peeling this flop. If he'd call with hands like QJ, then you're better off firing again at the turn. If you think he'd fold all hands with two undercards to the ten and most weak aces, I'd check-call the turn, check-fold the river.

Since he checked behind on the turn, I think you have a thin value bet on the river. I would think if his hand had no chance to win, he'd bet the turn or else his flop call makes no sense, so its likely he's got something he'd like to showdown. Whether to call a raise or not seems pretty close. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of hands you'd play in a similar fashion, so I am afraid of a bluff raise. I would call unless you screwplay the turn a decent amount with made hands.

baronzeus
12-15-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's like a 1% chance he's bluffing on that board. So I think you should bet the turn, and possibly even the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say with one face card and a bunch of crap, this is a pretty excellent board to bluff at. Hero could be capping lightly pissed off at all the 3-bets with a hand like QJ and would certainly be in a tough spot with a hand like 77 or AJ facing a turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, it totally depends on the opponent, but I doubt after you cap preflop that an opponent has the balls to raise a Kxx board. ESPECIALLY waiting for the turn to bluff would be insane, because pulling off the bluff costs 2.5x as much, and basically needs to work twice as often.

Victor
12-15-2005, 08:47 PM
he is calling the flop with any 2 cards on principle.

Victor
12-15-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since he checked behind on the turn, I think you have a thin value bet on the river. I would think if his hand had no chance to win, he'd bet the turn or else his flop call makes no sense, so its likely he's got something he'd like to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this makes a lot of sense.

TStoneMBD
12-15-2005, 08:57 PM
i disagree with you here. when this type of overaggro player starts running you over they often times think they can run you over in every pot. i think the times you get bluffraised on the turn are much higher than 1% but not over 10%. the king is a good card to bluffraise victor on. not because victor is going to fold a pair but because an idiot who thinks he can easily run an opponent over might think victor will fold a pocket pair with the king on board. not to mention he might think victor could have a hand like AQ and lay that down as well. from the impression i get of villain and the past history victor has with him he seems to be the type of player to come up with reasons for why he should attempt to bluff the opponent out of the pot, not the type to make calculated bluffs.

Lmn55d
12-15-2005, 09:20 PM
haha...oh i like value bet