PDA

View Full Version : Did I really play this that bad?

Shargaas
07-19-2003, 01:11 PM
On-line micro-limit 9 player table. There are a couple of aggressive players and several calling stations. I am on the button with A /forums/images/icons/club.gif K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . UTG folds, UTG+1 calls (he is loose and somewhat passive), UTG+2 just arrived and posted...he checks, fold, call, fold, to me. I raise, the SB calls, BB re-raises (he had been playing solid cards from what I had seen and was aggressive), everyone calls except the UTG+2 poster, and I called. 5 players see the flop.

Flop: 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

SB checks, BB bets out, the 2 others call to me. I raised, Sb cold calls, BB re-raises, next player calls but the second folds, and I call.

Turn: 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, I check to see the river for free.

River: K /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Excellent assuming no one has hit a full house after the turn or that BB doesn't have KK. SB checks, BB checks, next player bets out, I raise, SB calls, BB folds, and the original river bettor is disconnected and times out.

My A-high flush is shown and the 2 players left muck and I take down a nice pot. The BB then starts throwing out comments like "Wow aren't you a great player" and "Could you have gotten any luckier?". Clearly he was upset and although his hand was never shown (and won't show up in the hand history b/c he folded), I assume he probably had AA. His comments don't bother me much, I get mad too when I have AA beaten, but I'd like opinions on my play on all streets and whether he had some justification in being upset with me staying in.

elysium
07-19-2003, 01:32 PM
hi shar
looks reasonable although you may want to cap the flop. i like the turn check-down.

Mike
07-19-2003, 01:33 PM
You played it fine. Flopping a four flush with BB raising preflop, the only change I may have made is letting BB do the raising post flop as it may have kept the folder in the hand which may have meant a bigger pot at the river.

Full house wasn't much to worry about as you can account for two of the Kings, and anyone seeing the flop with a three...well hope they continue to play that way.

I would have asked whiner if he would like some cheese - LOL. Let him vent, it makes a better game for you.

As for AA getting beaten, it happens, but you gotta love it when it does, because most of the time some really bad decisions went in to getting the winning hand to the river.

Once again well played, you were a favorite after the flop. I would like your hand any time.

lil'
07-19-2003, 01:36 PM
No way could you fold this hand. You did nothing wrong. The BB is obviously inexperienced and stupid. Anybody who thinks any part of your play was fishy knows nothing about poker.

cosmo kramer
07-19-2003, 02:23 PM
fine except for the river raise. I would just go for the overcall and not open myself up for a 3-bet on the river.

lil'
07-19-2003, 02:34 PM
Cosmo,

This is an eeeeeeeeeeeeeasy river raise. The only hand he has to logically fear is K-K, and 2 of the kings are out already.

Bob T.
07-19-2003, 02:35 PM
If you have a value raise on the flop, why don't you have a value cap on the flop? Cap the flop, and then you played the hand perfectly.

mobes
07-19-2003, 03:56 PM
Am I the only one that would cap preflop here on the button?

Joe Tall
07-19-2003, 04:09 PM
I think you played the hand fine, however, cap the flop next time.

As for the player berrating you, screw him, he's a poor player in my book.

Nice Hand,
Joe Tall

SittingBull
07-19-2003, 04:27 PM

bernie
07-19-2003, 05:55 PM
he's an idiot. he wouldnt have laid it down. neither would i. in fact, i wouldve capped the flop, not called.

but other than that, i think you played it fine.

boo hoo to him. the idiot. tell him youre wearing a condom made of 4 leaf clovers and were just waiting for him to bend over at the right time. the whiny lil' bitch

b

Louie Landale
07-19-2003, 06:56 PM
You played it fine.

He's not telling you what he thinks, he's telling you how he feels.

- Louie

pudley4
07-19-2003, 09:01 PM
You should have said "Thanks for the free turn card - I would have folded if you would have bet"

That usually shuts them up /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

slavic
07-20-2003, 03:08 AM
With this many players I like capping it up. Understand that you create correct drawing odds for every draw imaginable when you do this.

I also would have capped the flop, though I like how this hand played out anyway. Nice hand.

rigoletto
07-20-2003, 08:09 AM
Am I the only one that would cap preflop here on the button?

No!