PDA

View Full Version : NYC Transit Strike: Anyone driving into manhattan from brooklyn? +Pics

tonypaladino
12-15-2005, 06:57 AM
Will anyone be driving into Manhattan on Friday from Brooklyn if the transit strike happens? If so, I need a ride.

Dont forget, cars have to have 4 people to enter Manhattan.

Holla

Edit:

Thanks in advance

NSFW 1 (http://www.pitsofhell.net/images/UTs_Stuff/UTs%20Collection/sweet1.jpg)

NSFW 2 (http://www.pitsofhell.net/images/UTs_Stuff/UTs%20Collection/sweet2.jpg)

NSFW 3 (http://www.pitsofhell.net/images/UTs_Stuff/UTs%20Collection/sweet6.jpg)

istewart
12-15-2005, 07:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Holla

[/ QUOTE ]

YSSCKY.

MyTurn2Raise
12-15-2005, 07:08 AM
at least I included some NSFW pics with my personal plea for a place to live.

tonypaladino
12-15-2005, 07:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
at least I included some NSFW pics with my personal plea for a place to live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Post Edited.

MyTurn2Raise
12-15-2005, 07:24 AM
good work...may you find a ride

tonypaladino
12-15-2005, 07:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't think of an unfunny FYP, so I'll just post YSSCKY.

[/ QUOTE ]

FIP

Evan
12-15-2005, 08:35 AM
That girl looks better dry. I feel like that's a rarity.

Paluka
12-15-2005, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I don't know how the heck I'm getting to work yet tomorrow either. There is a car pool meeting point though at 15th street and PPW, which is pretty close to where you live if I recall. I'm also considering having my wife drive me to the Water Taxi.

DrSavage
12-15-2005, 11:39 AM
There's no way in hell i will be driving anywhere tomorrow, traffic will be way over the top. I'm certain though that the strike will not happen as it has not happened last gazillion times we were threatened with it.

12-15-2005, 11:41 AM
The strike will never happen, but I hope that it does.

Paluka
12-15-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There's no way in hell i will be driving anywhere tomorrow, traffic will be way over the top. I'm certain though that the strike will not happen as it has not happened last gazillion times we were threatened with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just skippin work then? I cannot skip work, sadly.

DrSavage
12-15-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If strike happens, sure. I'll work from home or something (and by work at home i mean pack my [censored] and go to borgata).

whiskeytown
12-15-2005, 11:45 AM
I spent 3 days in that town and loved it...but first thing I thought the moment I saw it was "if you ever came back for a while on a whim, you gotta sell the car...no way no how in this town."

I don't envy you guys....I only use the mass transit now for trips like to and from the airport and mostly in places I fly to like vegas, but my experiences back East showed me what a great idea it is - you really need to keep it going.

good luck...

RB

BottlesOf
12-15-2005, 11:51 AM
They asked me if I could walk to work (it's a tad over a mile) and I was like ".....yes....." unenthusiastically. I was also told I might be able to work from home (YESS!!!!!)

Oh man, I hope there's a strike if and only if I get to work from home tomorrow, that would be teh awesome.

turnipmonster
12-15-2005, 11:52 AM
I don't think strike will happen, but no way I'm going to work if it does. the water taxi is a good idea though. do people actually commute on that every day, or is it like a tourist thing?

--turnipmonster

xadrez
12-15-2005, 11:55 AM
The bad news is I have to work tomorrow if there is a strike, and its not a problem getting here.

The good news is I will most likely be here by myself.

HELLO POKERROOM JAVA CLIENT!

danzasmack
12-15-2005, 11:55 AM
I live on broome st. and work on 57th. No way will I find a cab and I have no idea how i will get to work and with a final paper due in the morning I plan on worrying about it when I'm late.

mrkilla
12-15-2005, 12:02 PM
Im crashing in midtown with my cuz , no way I can make it in from the BX if theres a strike

12-15-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? What if you dont know 3 other people? Are you just supposed to pick up some bums? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Paluka
12-15-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? What if you dont know 3 other people? Are you just supposed to pick up some bums? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a bunch of carpool meeting points in the outer boroughs.

BottlesOf
12-15-2005, 12:16 PM
I heard you need to have 4 to enter "certain high traffic areas of Manhattan," not to enter Manhattan itself. ALthough I could be wrong. I'm sure the local news tonite will have the rules explicitly laid out.

mrkilla
12-15-2005, 12:20 PM
below 96th you need 4 people between 5 and 11am www.1010wins.com (http://www.1010wins.com) and www.wcbs880.com (http://www.wcbs880.com) has the layouts of whats what

And if you don't have 4 ppl i think there going to turn you around. Im sure some people are going to try and get in though.

edited to add second link

xadrez
12-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Below 96th street, you need 4 passengers.

DrSavage
12-15-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I heard you need to have 4 to enter "certain high traffic areas of Manhattan," not to enter Manhattan itself. ALthough I could be wrong. I'm sure the local news tonite will have the rules explicitly laid out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rules I've heard stated that you need 4 passengers if you enter the city below 96th street through any tunnel or bridge.

This [censored] is seriously pissing me off now. If you don't like your pay get a better damn job. They're getting paid quite a bit actually, some article quoted average of 56-63k with mad benefits, and somehow it has become an annual tradition to threaten the city.

mrkilla
12-15-2005, 12:24 PM
If the MTA neogtiated in good faith they wouldn't need to threaten a strike

tonypaladino
12-15-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mayor Mike said people are expected to help others out and give rides.

tonypaladino
12-15-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't know how the heck I'm getting to work yet tomorrow either. There is a car pool meeting point though at 15th street and PPW, which is pretty close to where you live if I recall. I'm also considering having my wife drive me to the Water Taxi.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty close to me. I wonder if it is going on all day though. I won't have to be in until early afternoon.

I'd imagine there would be mad traffic near the water taxi from cars trying to get on the Bridges.

Paluka
12-15-2005, 12:27 PM
I'm in a really bad spot because I have a flight out of LaGuardia at 8 PM tomorrow, and I'm supposed to work until 4.

mrkilla
12-15-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I expect I can call him at the Mansion and he will send his Limo to come get me and everyone in my hood?

jackdaniels
12-15-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in a really bad spot because I have a flight out of LaGuardia at 8 PM tomorrow, and I'm supposed to work until 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Solution? Call in sick and now you have a FULL day off and a flight to catch at 8pm.

tonypaladino
12-15-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I expect I can call him at the Mansion and he will send his Limo to come get me and everyone in my hood?

[/ QUOTE ]

I beleive he said he'd ride a bike down to city hall.

12-15-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem solved! Go outside and get in the first car you see and tell them to take you to work. If they have a problem with it, tell them to talk to the mayor. New yorkers sure are nice.

JonPKibble
12-15-2005, 12:33 PM
Fuggetaboutit.

tonypaladino
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should book a car now to take you.

Paluka
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Solution? Call in sick and now you have a FULL day off and a flight to catch at 8pm.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that's not gonna work.

turnipmonster
12-15-2005, 12:34 PM
rent a helicopter! that would be badass, especially if you work in/next to a building with a helipad on the roof. if you do this, there should be a ninja uniform and a rope ladder involved.

edtost
12-15-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
rent a helicopter! that would be badass, especially if you work in/next to a building with a helipad on the roof. if you do this, there should be a ninja uniform and a rope ladder involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

this would be awesome.

MaxPower
12-15-2005, 01:13 PM
I doubt it will happen, but I just told my boss that I will work from home if it does. I don't believe in asking permission.

IndieMatty
12-15-2005, 01:21 PM
I have 4 days to take off before the end of the year, and we've been real busy lately. I told my boss im just taking off tomorrow.

IndieMatty
12-15-2005, 01:27 PM
And yeah, its not going to happen. Especially with the ice storm they are predicting.

mmbt0ne
12-15-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And yeah, its not going to happen. Especially with the ice storm they are predicting.

[/ QUOTE ]

We got an ice storm decently heavy last night. Luckily it doesn't stay below freezing very long here. I imagine its gonna pound you.

Sponger15SB
12-15-2005, 01:33 PM
I think it would be cool to have a strike, just to see what happens when everyone is totally screwed.

IndieMatty
12-15-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We got an ice storm decently heavy last night. Luckily it doesn't stay below freezing very long here. I imagine its gonna pound you.

[/ QUOTE ]

NYers only boy.

imported_CaseClosed326
12-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Jesus, this sounds brutal. Sorry NYC folk.

roxtar
12-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Good luck dude. I don't envy you one bit.
/ex- New Yorker

mmbt0ne
12-15-2005, 01:38 PM
You must be able to get to work

-------THIS OFTEN

to reply to my posts.

turnipmonster
12-15-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be cool to have a strike, just to see what happens when everyone is totally screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

most people are just going to take a 3 day weekend.

IndieMatty
12-15-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You must be able to get to work

-------THIS OFTEN

to reply to my posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh the wonders of the internet. "Why is Matt logged on at 5:00 AM on a tuesday?"

arod15
12-15-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If strike happens, sure. I'll work from home or something (and by work at home i mean pack my [censored] and go to borgata).

[/ QUOTE ]

Im laughing so hard. This is exactly my same thoughts....