PDA

View Full Version : KQo in heavy river

12-15-2005, 06:52 AM
Table is 0,5/1 $ LAG. Dealer is loose. SB is weak and very loose. Both players are somewhat unpredictable and might call with a lot of hands.

Hero is CO and holds [Qh Kd]. 3 players limp, Hero calls, 2 players call, BB checks. (7 players, 3,5 BB)

FLOP:[Qd Jh 4d]
5 players check, Hero bets, Dealer calls, SB calls, BB folds, 2 players call, 1 fold. (5 players, 6 BB)

TURN is Qs: complete table [Qd Jh 4d Qs]
SB checks, UTG1 checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, Dealer raises, SB calls, 2 folds, Hero calls. (3 players, 12 BB)

RIVER is 8d: complete table [Qd Jh 4d Qs 8d]
SB checks, Hero checks, Dealer bets, SB raises, Hero ??

The pot is very big. I have 3 of a kind Qs with a good kicker. I donīt think that AQ is a likely holding, because it would have been raised preflop. A reraise on the river indicates a very strong hand, but what can it be given the opponents? A flush is most likely. Should I call 2 cold because of the pot size or fold, because he is probably beaten?

Result:
Why do the Instant Graemlins not work for me? Answer is welcome!!! I will post the result separately.

12-15-2005, 08:13 AM
Fold for sure no one check raises the river without flush or better here. Im also 3 betting the turn.

12-15-2005, 08:34 AM
I would definitely have raised preflop, it's better to push your edge. The flop action says it all, since it got checked to you on the flop the pot could might as well been bigger, since you have problem protecting your hand anyway, and perhaps you would have fewer opponents.

Not much to say about the flop.

You should have 3-bet the turn, your trips is a strong hand. If your hand was the best hand on the flop, it still is; dealer probably has a Q with a lower kicker, and he won't fold, meaning $$$. SB is on an obvious draw of some sort, and you want to extract as many bets from him as you can.

The river completed both a flush draw and a straigh draw, so I'd probably fold for two bets.

12-15-2005, 10:26 AM
Raise preflop, three-bet the turn. Fold the river for 2 bets.