PDA

View Full Version : Interesting hand on each street

Hawkeye27
07-19-2003, 10:51 AM
I found this hand interesting because an argument could probably be made for and against the way I played each street. This is a 3/6 Party game thats a little tighter and a little more aggressive than the games I normally like to play in.

Two limpers to me in LMP with a late poster, I call with 4/6 hearts. Cutoff checks, folded to BB who also checks.
I hadn't been playing any small suited connectors in this game but thought this might be a good spot. 5 see the flop.

Flop J 10 x with two hearts.

BB bets out and everyone calls to me. I figure this is a good spot for a "free card" play and pump it. We lose the cutoff, but everyone else calls.

Turn is another 10 and I figure my plan has been foiled, but it is checked to me and I take my free card.

River is a heart and an EP wakes up and bets out. I decide to call because I may be beat and I want to keep the BB in.

How'd I do?

JoeU
07-19-2003, 11:18 AM
Hawkeye,

I think most people will agree that this starting hand is unplayable from any position. Unless you have posted or are in the BB, these should hit the muck pretty quick.

I like the raise on the flop. It got you pretty much what you wanted....a free card and a free ride to the river. EP waking up on the end could mean a bunch of things. I will sometimes bluff on the end when a scare card like this hits. I think the call is ok in this spot. I don't think a raise is in order on the end, but that is the trouble you run into when you play this hand. Tough decisions on the flop, turn, and river are made easier when you muck the garbage from the get go.

Joe

lil'
07-19-2003, 11:37 AM
You gotta fold 4-6s in that spot. Other than that I you did OK.

Bob T.
07-19-2003, 02:42 PM
Preflop, your call was a little loose, but given that the game was aggressive, and noone raised so far, and there was at least a little extra money in the pot, I think it might be OK. After that, I think that you played the hand well, and if you are going to play 64 suited, you have to play it well after the flop.

AceHigh
07-19-2003, 03:24 PM
Preflop, you play is marginal. I would prefer to play this hand in late position.

mobes
07-19-2003, 03:36 PM
I too dont think you can ever play this hand but I dont think there is much debate about your post flop play....textbook

Uston
07-19-2003, 06:11 PM
He didn't say the hand is never playable. He said he'd prefer to play it in late position, which is something I agree with.

Stu Pidasso
07-19-2003, 11:57 PM
Pre-flop: 4-6 suited shouldn't be played here.

Flop: Free card play is correct if you are reasonably sure you can get away with it. If I were in the BB, I might just popp you back if I thougt it would help me clean up my outs or If I suspected you were on a free card play.

Rest of the hand played well

Stu

SoBeDude
07-20-2003, 09:49 AM
I'm with Mobes.

I'd never play that hand from any position except the BB with no raise

-Scott

CrackerZack
07-20-2003, 03:45 PM
64 isn't connected. fold PF. rest of the play seems fine.

ramjam
07-21-2003, 07:57 AM
I'd never play that hand from any position except the BB with no raise

I'm surprised about the strictness of this view. Would you not even complete in the SB in an unraised pot?

SoBeDude
07-21-2003, 08:59 AM
In a 3/6 structure, I need to pay 2/3rd of the bet to see the flop (if unraised).

It's not going to make a hand often enough to make the call profitable.

-Scott