PDA

View Full Version : First time I thought about laying down Kings preflop

Scuba Chuck
12-15-2005, 04:01 AM
Stupid converter...

#Game No : 3203757646
***** Hand History for Game 3203757646 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $30 Buy-in + $3 Entry Fee Trny:18292789 Level:2 Blinds(15/30) - Thursday, December 15, 01:55:15 EDT 2005
Table Table 67469 (Real Money)
Seat 8 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: AAAMAN1 ( $1035 )
Seat 2: BettaFold110 ( $2005 )
Seat 3: QuasiFiction ( $725 )
Seat 5: Scuba_Chuck ( $800 )
Seat 6: underpar24 ( $865 )
Seat 7: Deevilicious ( $425 )
Seat 8: LuckyAustin4 ( $835 )
Seat 9: CartmansMom ( $385 )
Seat 10: jsa714 ( $925 )
Trny:18292789 Level:2
Blinds(15/30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Scuba_Chuck [ Kc Kd ]
AAAMAN1 raises [85].
BettaFold110 folds.
QuasiFiction raises [200].
Scuba_Chuck .....

Just in case any of you don't know, QuasiFiction is #4 on the leaderboard, and he plays the $33s (I'm guessing a ton).

Slim Pickens
12-15-2005, 04:08 AM
It's fine to think this, but it's probably a bad idea to actually fold. It could just as easily be QQ.

Scuba Chuck
12-15-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's fine to think this, but it's probably a bad idea to actually fold. It could just as easily be QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

His range is what?
I'm what against his range?

(Furthermore, which I know this is never correct to do, but my instincts were that he had AA/KK here).

splashpot
12-15-2005, 04:15 AM
I suppose his range would be AA-QQ and possibly AK? Those are the only hands I would consider raising to 200 with.

Scuba Chuck
12-15-2005, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose his range would be AA-QQ and possibly AK? Those are the only hands I would consider raising to 200 with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm certain, not positive, but I'm pretty damn certain, AK is not in that range here. Splash, you play more aggressive with AK than others. I've seen that out of you.

splashpot
12-15-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm certain, not positive, but I'm pretty damn certain, AK is not in that range here. Splash, you play more aggressive with AK than others. I've seen that out of you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea...depends on what mood I'm in, haha. I don't know if my aggressiveness is a good thing or a leak though.

Slim Pickens
12-15-2005, 04:18 AM
I'd say the raiser's range really depends on AAAMAN's profile so far. Against a super-LAG, my reraising range could be as loose as AJs+,AQo+,99+. KK plays pretty well against that. On the other hand, if the original raiser is a tightish player, my overcalling range could be as tight as AA/KK only, and even KK would make me stop to think.

splashpot
12-15-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say the raiser's range really depends on AAAMAN's profile so far. Against a super-LAG, my reraising range could be as loose as AJs+,AQo+,99+. KK plays pretty well against that. On the other hand, if the original raiser is a tightish player, my overcalling range could be as tight as AA/KK only, and even KK would make me stop to think.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, that is one huge range. You really think he'd reraise with 99 or AJs? I wouldn't even open raise those hands at this level.

adanthar
12-15-2005, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm bored tonight and pissed off due to my own mental lapse so I'm gonna flame somebody and it may as well be you (sorry):

No, it can't be QQ. What good player does this near minimum pot odds reraise crap with QQ? Give me a break.

It miiiiight be AK (I've seen it played this way as sort of a semibluff) or little to nothing if he decided he wanted 85 chips. (I'm not saying there's a good chance of that, I'm saying it's theoretically possible.) But it's not QQ unless he misclicked.

I'm probably not folding this, BTW.

edit: 99? 99??? Come ON, he's number 4 on the leaderboard and you think he makes an 85 chip bet 200 with 99?

bones
12-15-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stupid converter...

#Game No : 3203757646
***** Hand History for Game 3203757646 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $30 Buy-in + $3 Entry Fee Trny:18292789 Level:2 Blinds(15/30) - Thursday, December 15, 01:55:15 EDT 2005
Table Table 67469 (Real Money)
Seat 8 is the button
Seat 1: AAAMAN1 ( $1035 )
Seat 2: BettaFold110 ( $2005 )
Seat 3: QuasiFiction ( $725 )
Seat 5: Scuba_Chuck ( $800 )
Seat 6: underpar24 ( $865 )
Seat 7: Deevilicious ( $425 )
Seat 8: LuckyAustin4 ( $835 )
Seat 9: CartmansMom ( $385 )
Seat 10: jsa714 ( $925 )
Trny:18292789 Level:2
Blinds(15/30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Scuba_Chuck [ Kc Kd ]
AAAMAN1 raises [85].
BettaFold110 folds.
QuasiFiction raises [200].
Scuba_Chuck .....

Just in case any of you don't know, QuasiFiction is #4 on the leaderboard, and he plays the $33s (I'm guessing a ton).

[/ QUOTE ]

Quasi is definitely one of the better players in the 33s. I'd put his range here at AA-mayyyyyybeQQ, sometimes AK, although I'd have to look through my db to see how he's played AK in the past. I'm never folding KK on lvl 2 of an 800 chip game, so I don't think it really matters.

Slim Pickens
12-15-2005, 04:30 AM
In quasi's shoes, a player (AAAMAN in this case) with 70% VPIP and 35% PFR is just asking to be isolated. 99 and AJs are both good enough for me to play for all my chips at any point against the top 35% of hands. I would be re-raising to isolate at that point. On the other hand, with no read or anything other than a super-LAG read, my reraising range is probably more like AKs,JJ+, and KK still plays just fine against those.

It's never a fold, but it's not an easy spot.

Scuba Chuck
12-15-2005, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, it can't be QQ. What good player does this near minimum pot odds reraise crap with QQ? Give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are my thoughts about QQ as well, which leads me to believe that I'm narrowing his hand range down to 2 hands. If you believe this as well (which I can't tell), why wouldn't you fold this?

Scuba Chuck
12-15-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm bored tonight and pissed off due to my own mental lapse

[/ QUOTE ]

My own advice is quit chasing the honeybees on the BJ leaderboard. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Scuba Chuck
12-15-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm never folding KK on lvl 2 of an 800 chip game, so I don't think it really matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how I think too. It was just one of those situations where my hunch was I was behind or tied. These situations don't happen all that often, but when they do, I'm right more often than I am wrong. Bleh.

Slim Pickens
12-15-2005, 05:02 AM
99 is something like a 61% favorite against a top-35% range. A 61% favorite is good enough for me to take all the way at any stage of the tournament and anyone who suggests otherwise is either a +40% ROI player long-term at that level or they're being an idiot.

If the original raiser is not a super-LAG, no way I'm raising 99, as previously stated.

The other players at the table, in a 33, don't usually know the difference between a 3:1 call and a 1:1 call, so raising the absolute minimum that looks big is plenty to avoid going broke with JJ/AKo against a player behind with KK who (rightly) pushes over your raise.

I only threw 99 out there as an extreme to show that KK holds up against any range of hands I can give to quasi no matter what the read on AAAMAN.

12-15-2005, 05:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
99 is something like a 61% favorite against a top-35% range. A 61% favorite is good enough for me to take all the way at any stage of the tournament and anyone who suggests otherwise is either a +40% ROI player long-term at that level or they're being an idiot.

If the original raiser is not a super-LAG, no way I'm raising 99, as previously stated.

The other players at the table, in a 33, don't usually know the difference between a 3:1 call and a 1:1 call, so raising the absolute minimum that looks big is plenty to avoid going broke with JJ/AKo against a player behind with KK who (rightly) pushes over your raise.

I only threw 99 out there as an extreme to show that KK holds up against any range of hands I can give to quasi no matter what the read on AAAMAN.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you openraise that range if it was folded to you? Because you're still in EP/MP. Sucky position, a lot can happen behind you (like people going all-in with KK). I think it's better to only isolate LAGs when you're in late position, and then it would have to be a real LAG. Am I wrong here?

curtains
12-15-2005, 05:40 AM
If you know that hes a very good/tight player, folding probably isnt that bad. In fact based on what you said it may even be correct, but Id really have to know the player myself to make such a statement. There are players where I would definitely fold KK if this were the action in front of me. Fortunately it hasnt come up yet.

1C5
12-15-2005, 11:56 AM
Did you fold?

I have never folded KK preflp but should/could have a couple times.

One time was simliar to this hand in the 22s vs a good 2+2er.

I pretty much knew in my mind he had AA but I called anyway.

schwza
12-15-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm bored tonight and pissed off due to my own mental lapse so I'm gonna flame somebody and it may as well be you (sorry):

It miiiiight be AK (I've seen it played this way as sort of a semibluff) or little to nothing if he decided he wanted 85 chips. (I'm not saying there's a good chance of that, I'm saying it's theoretically possible.) But it's not QQ unless he misclicked.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, got you to here...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? are you hoping to chop with the other KK?

microbet
12-15-2005, 12:17 PM
Aside from meaning he's not losing, why do you think being on the leaderboard means he's good?

I could fold QQ here, but I need to know him better than just being on the leaderboard to fold KK.

My best piece of info would be if I had a note on him. You don't have it this time, but if this went to showdown you should have one now. I've got a lot of notes that say "Played like AA, was AK" or "Played like AA, was AA" or some such.

Slim Pickens
12-15-2005, 01:39 PM
I would not open-raise 99 in level 2 there. In this situation, a player has opened for a typical raise and gotten a smallish reraise from a player we can safely label as "good." Everybody so far seems to want to put the reraiser on a very tight range because of the pot odds he's giving the original raiser and everyone behind him to call. Most of the players at the 33's have little to no understanding of pot odds, and I think a good 33's player knows that and adjusts accordingly. A proper adjustment would be to reraise a range of hands that safely beats the opener's raising range (not saying what that is yet), but not so much as to get stacked by a powerhouse hand.

Of course, this all depends on the read on the open-raiser. If he's raising 35% of the first 15-20 hands, I think it would be correct to reraise whatever range beats the top 35% of hands by a healthy amount. If he's raising 0-5% of the first 15-20 hands, then a reraise would only be appropriate with AA/KK and some percentage of "semi-bluff" AKs, TT-QQ as adanthar said.

Now back to Scuba with KK. Certainly, if he thinks quasi is trying to isolate a LAG with a wider range than would normally be smart against a tighter player, he should play his KK without hesitation. I used 99+ as the very widest range I thought quasi could possibly be playing here in the extreme example that AAAMAN was a super-LAG and quasi was feeling bold. The other extreme is AA/KK/??, and I think the ?? happens enough of the time to still not be able to fold KK here, although it's probably close.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's better to only isolate LAGs when you're in late position, and then it would have to be a real LAG. Am I wrong here?

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, later position would be better and he would have to be a really fat LAG. I'm not saying I'd make an isolation move this daring, but I'm not #4 on the leaderboard, so shows what I know.

ferb
12-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Keep in mind that Quasi likely has 10 tables going. I've played 15 tourneys with him and in the early levels he is a 6/4 vp/pfr. I kinda doubt he has to much of a read on original raiser. I have to go with scuba here that his bet can only be AA/KK.

Scuba Chuck
12-15-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind that Quasi likely has 10 tables going. I've played 15 tourneys with him and in the early levels he is a 6/4 vp/pfr. I kinda doubt he has to much of a read on original raiser. I have to go with scuba here that his bet can only be AA/KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've got over 1200 hands played with him, and your stats reflect my "feel" for him. BTW, I'm guessing quasi is a 2er....

ferb
12-15-2005, 02:35 PM
Do we get to know the result?

Scuba Chuck
12-15-2005, 04:03 PM
I pushed, because it is standard for me. The hand actually gets worse from there. 500ish stack behinid me insta-calls, and utg thinks forever, and says I'm laying down QQ. Quasi calls with his bullets, and he has no worries because the 500-ish stack also has kings.

adanthar
12-15-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My best piece of info would be if I had a note on him. You don't have it this time, but if this went to showdown you should have one now. I've got a lot of notes that say "Played like AA, was AK" or "Played like AA, was AA" or some such.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be half of why I wouldn't fold, the chance that he has AK/nothing being the other half.

I'd call, see a flop, and decide there (yes, there are some aceless flops I would simply fold on.)

tigerite
12-15-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I pushed, because it is standard for me. The hand actually gets worse from there. 500ish stack behinid me insta-calls, and utg thinks forever, and says I'm laying down QQ. Quasi calls with his bullets, and he has no worries because the 500-ish stack also has kings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then the board came AQJT9, yeah..? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pasterbator
12-15-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then the board came AQJT<font color="red"> A </font> , yeah..? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP because Party is rigg3d.

tigerite
12-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Heh. Well I was going to say A2QJT.

ilya
12-15-2005, 05:10 PM
I would fold this against Quasi. He's very tight and straightforward early. But then again I've folded KK twice preflop (neither time on the bubble) in the last week, so I may overdo it a bit.

1C5
12-15-2005, 05:43 PM
If Harrington doesn't lie and says he is not good enough to ever fold KK PF (or have a good enough read, I forget how the said it), and you have folded them in $22 SnGs twice on the last week, you may be giving opponents too much credit. (Even good oponents)

Slim Pickens
12-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Wow, 6/4 is tight even for a 10-tabler. It probably means he's not making a lot of fancy plays early on... Still, this seems like the extreme case (no read on the raiser, super-tight reraiser) and I still can't convince myself the pure AA read is correct enough of the time to make me lay down KK preflop in an 800-chip Party SNG.

curtains
12-15-2005, 06:45 PM
Ship it! I thought that you posted this because you ended up calling and he didnt have AA, and were going to give a lecture on how to always call! Despite that I stood by my guns and said I'd fold and was correct. Some people telegraph AA so badly that if they ever do when Im at the table, I will fold KK, and there is really no way they can use this information to specifically take advantage of me.

For the most part I can predict when someone has AA-KK for sure with a very high accuracy. What I mean is that when Im super confident that a player has it, Im usually correct. This always has to be a player that I know is solid/good, because random players do crazy min raises with 65s.

ilya
12-15-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If Harrington doesn't lie and says he is not good enough to ever fold KK PF (or have a good enough read, I forget how the said it), and you have folded them in $22 SnGs twice on the last week, you may be giving opponents too much credit. (Even good oponents)

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure Harrington is lying and has folded KK preflop many times.

1C5
12-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Haha, probably.

1C5
12-15-2005, 07:23 PM
I will be a better player when I can say I can fold KK PF.

The problem is, when I want to fold, they often have AA like I thought, but at least 50% of the time, they have AK, QQ or worse.

So, I guess my read has to be really, really right to consider folding.

GtrHtr
12-15-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem is, when I want to fold, they often have AA like I thought, but at least 50% of the time, they have AK, QQ or worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

More like 75% and I'd shoot that hand range to AQo in the 22s. I remember reading somewhere that the most common hand for people busting out of the ME on day 1 was KK, or that was the perception.

microbet
12-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Has anyone except maybe Hellmuth ever made a televised fold of KK preflop?

Scuba Chuck
12-15-2005, 09:42 PM
I have to admit, that it's kind of cool to think that I could laydown KK preflop in a situation like this. It's too bad I have yet to have the balls to do so.

Ilya, are you quasi?

12-15-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to admit, that it's kind of cool to think that I could laydown KK preflop in a situation like this. It's too bad I have yet to have the balls to do so.

Ilya, are you quasi?

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought exactly the same thing when I read his post /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ilya
12-15-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ilya, are you quasi?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, no. I've played probably 20-30 games with him though.

microbet
12-15-2005, 09:58 PM
I would have been surprised. I've never noticed Ilya posting about his 14 hr runs 38439084309 tabling.

Bluff Daddy
12-15-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: 99? 99??? Come ON, he's number 4 on the leaderboard and you think he makes an 85 chip bet 200 with 99?

[/ QUOTE ]

hand I Just played w/ quasifiction hes the SB, I guess QQ is in his range

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $30 Buy-in + $3 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 2 - 9 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

Chip Counts:
Button: 665 Chips
SB: 830 Chips
BB: 885 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 775 Chips</font>
UTG+1: 650 Chips
MP1: 390 Chips
MP2: 1070 Chips
MP3: 1715 Chips
CO: 1020 Chips

Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Blinds are 15/30

PreFlop
<font color="blue">Hero folds</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, <font color="red">MP1 RAISES ($60)</font>, <font color="green">MP2 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="red">SB RAISES ($135)</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, <font color="green">MP1 Calls</font>, <font color="green">MP2 Calls</font>

(4 players) FLOP: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ( Pot Size: 630 Chips )
<font color="red">SB BETS ($400)</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, MP1 is All-In, <font color="red">MP2 RAISES ($800)</font>
SB is All-In

(3 players) TURN: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ( Pot Size: 2350 Chips )

(3 players) RIVER: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ( Pot Size: 2350 Chips )

Final Pot:2350 Chips

edthirtynine shows [ 6c, 6s ] a flush, king high.
QuasiFiction shows [ Qd, Qh ] a pair of queens.
diamond522 shows [ Ad, 7s ] a flush, king high.

adanthar
12-15-2005, 11:44 PM
lol...see, this is why you should never put '$22' and 'good' in the same sentence. I stand corrected.

curtains
12-16-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lol...see, this is why you should never put '$22' and 'good' in the same sentence. I stand corrected.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take back what I just said, I misread. This was obviously a terribly played hand.

ilya
12-16-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have been surprised. I've never noticed Ilya posting about his 14 hr runs 38439084309 tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wait.

Gramps
12-16-2005, 02:10 AM
Here's another "it's gotta be Aces" hand I had tonight - I would have folded except I have a rule where I don't fold KK preflop (absent some extreme circumstance that I have not encounted yet in &gt; 15,000 SNGs).

***** Hand History for Game 3207908336 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $200 Buy-in + $15 Entry Fee Trny:18313878 Level:2 Blinds(15/30) - Thursday, December 15, 22:02:37 EDT 2005
Table Table 66906 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Seat 1: Well_Sh_t ( $900 )
Seat 2: NutsStayNuts ( $1245 )
Seat 3: Hero ( $900 )
Seat 4: jh9477 ( $1065 )
Seat 5: shadyrooroo ( $935 )
Seat 7: Phish_Stix ( $2080 )
Seat 8: doeson888 ( $1205 )
Seat 9: wildman22222 ( $1105 )
Seat 10: poffic ( $565 )
Trny:18313878 Level:2
Blinds(15/30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Kd Kh ]
jh9477 raises [60].
shadyrooroo folds.
Phish_Stix folds.
doeson888 calls [60].
wildman22222 folds.
poffic raises [300].
Well_Sh_t folds.
NutsStayNuts raises [550].
Hero is all-In [870]
poffic: uups
jh9477 folds.
doeson888 folds.
poffic is all-In [265]
NutsStayNuts: i must have a 2 outer
NutsStayNuts calls [335].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9h, 5h, 6h ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6s ]
** Dealing River ** [ 3h ]
NutsStayNuts shows [ Qd, Qc ] two pairs, queens and sixes.
Hero shows [ Kd, Kh ] a flush, king high.
poffic shows [ Ah, Kc ] a flush, ace high.
Hero wins 670 chips from side pot #1 with a flush, king high.
poffic wins 1815 chips from the main pot with a flush, ace high with ace kicker.

curtains
12-16-2005, 02:15 AM
Gramps what if I knwe that YOU were nutsstaynuts....i mean youd basically have to have exactly AA. If you knew that was me, would you still thnik it makes sense to follow your rule?

The Yugoslavian
12-16-2005, 02:15 AM
gramps,

This will be your downfall in the first round of the STTFHUC. Your KK will finally run into my obv AA and you will go home crying like a little baby.

Yugoslav

Gramps
12-16-2005, 02:21 AM
It's more just a thing that I play 8+ tables at once. I don't have time to do the analysis to make a fancy fold, and I see so much crap in Level 1&amp;2 at even the 215s, that I just go down swinging with my KK. If you do that every time (go to war PF with KK), I doubt you'll even make one mistake per 1,000 SNGs played.

Gramps
12-16-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This will be your downfall in the first round of the STTFHUC. Your KK will finally run into my obv AA and you will go home crying like a little baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Yugo, be forewarned of the cruelty of the two-outer on the River with all the chips already at the center of the table...

curtains
12-16-2005, 02:27 AM
Yes but ok sometimes you know your opponent....against an anon opponent I have a hard time folding KK ever, but against someone you know? I mean sometimes they can only have one hand.

MUD
12-16-2005, 05:07 AM
Raising to 200!, I thought I taught him better than that. He's my brother and I would of folded Ks in a second to him in that position. And I've only laid down Kings once in 5000 games(100% correct so far)

Degen
12-16-2005, 05:44 AM
what about flat calling the 200 and watching the action?

you'd have a good case for folding this one when it got back to you...

12-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Fold KK to heavy action preflop.

gumpzilla
12-16-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ship it! I thought that you posted this because you ended up calling and he didnt have AA, and were going to give a lecture on how to always call! Despite that I stood by my guns and said I'd fold and was correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Stood by my guns"?

[ QUOTE ]

If you know that hes a very good/tight player, folding probably isnt that bad. In fact based on what you said it may even be correct, but Id really have to know the player myself to make such a statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to be hedging your bets here. You said there were situations where you could fold it, but were pretty inconclusive.

I don't understand the mentality of "Well, I really think this is almost always KK/AA, but as a matter of principle I don't fold KK on level 2" that a couple of people seem to be presenting in this thread. If you're pretty confident it really is going to be KK/AA - and it sounds like there's enough evidence about this player that this is reasonable - folding KK here isn't going to be a huge mistake if it is a mistake at all. It's also not like we're giving up any kind of metagame silliness, because we're neither showing it nor have we made any preflop action.

curtains
12-16-2005, 07:55 PM
I said that I'd fold it based on what he said, but I'd need to get my own feeling for the player. In general I don't like to go by other's reads, because I find that they are usually faulty to begin with.

kyro
12-16-2005, 08:06 PM
QQ/KK/AA/AK are in his range. That thought wouldn't remain in my head for long.

12-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Does any1 else remember the 2001 WSOP hand where Hellmuth had aces, Phil Gordon had kings, and Matusow had queens? Matusow folded first to Hellmuths raise, and Gordon folded face up, making Hellmuth go ballistic. "Im up against the 2nd and 3rd best starting hands in poker and all I get are the blinds?" It was funny.

tipperdog
12-16-2005, 08:43 PM
...And for your sake, I hope it is the last time.

I cannot imagine laying down KK in this spot. I reraise 100% of the time and am very happy to get my $$ in here. If he has AA, I start another game.

Scuba Chuck
12-16-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raising to 200!, I thought I taught him better than that. He's my brother and I would of folded Ks in a second to him in that position. And I've only laid down Kings once in 5000 games(100% correct so far)

[/ QUOTE ]

Mud. What does your brother do? I figure he's on pace for about 3500 SNGs this month, or better than 100 per day.

ferb
12-17-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mud. What does your brother do? I figure he's on pace for about 3500 SNGs this month, or better than 100 per day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play poker all day every day?

Roman
12-17-2005, 02:49 AM
This looks like a fold to me. I can't imagine what other hand a good player would make this reraise with. However, I also can't imagine a good player ever making this reraise. Given your info, folding seems to be the best play, but i would prolly be 20 tabling and call and get stacked on the flop.

12-17-2005, 11:44 PM
First thing that I thought about was this thread.

50/100 TOURNEY TEXAS HOLD'EM GAME TABLE (NL)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 7
Seat 1: ME (840)
Seat 2: DARRENS111 (185)
Seat 3: akalias (730)
Seat 5: Tdiddy745 (1125)
Seat 8: sosabosa (2130)
Seat 9: clozer610 (1445)
Seat 10: rwbrich (1545)
rwbrich posts small blind (25)
ME posts big blind (50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ME [ Kd, Kh ]
DARRENS111 folds.
akalias folds.
Tdiddy745 raises (100) to 100
sosabosa folds.
clozer610 raises (250) to 250
rwbrich raises (495) to 520
ME....

MUD
12-29-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

100/day sounds about right(family vacation hurt December). I'm trying to get him to sign up here, but I'll answer for him for now. He's an author who can make a lot more money playing poker. You think he plays a lot now, watch out for January.

Oh and he informs me that he thinks the QQ hand was a quick raise because he was running out of time. Not how he would play it normally obviously.