PDA

View Full Version : Common Flop Decision

Augie
07-19-2003, 04:38 AM
Two-table PokerStars - NoLimit Tourney:

We are down to 9 players and one table. Blinds are 50-100 and the average stack is 3000.

UTG calls 100 (4995 in chips) and I'm next to act with J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif and 2170 in chips. I decide to raise it to 500. Only UTG calls.

Flop is A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif . UTG checks. What's your play?

Rickfish
07-19-2003, 08:49 AM
There is now 1150 in the pot and 1670 left. I don't want to show weakness by betting small like 600. So if I am going to bet I will bet it as if I have AK which might as well be all in. That is if I am going to bet. I don't know which would do. I would need to have some idea of how UTG has been playing as I need to put him on some likely hands. The fact he has limped and called says a lot. It I was UTG I would probably have AA. What hands can he have that are not worth a raise but can limp and call? It's all a bit suspicious. You are probably best off trying to check it down unless you have seen enough of his play to convince you that you are winning.