PDA

View Full Version : PokerAce or Game time?

sng-sam
12-15-2005, 12:47 AM
can someone help me choose between them?

Straight Flushes,

SAM

Isura
12-15-2005, 12:50 AM
pokerace. But you have to pay for it.

12-15-2005, 12:53 AM
Without a doubt. It's customizable. It's worth the $

Cosimo
12-15-2005, 12:57 AM
PokerAce.

It saves screen real estate and is configurable. Want to see AF without opening another window? I don't think Game Time can do that.

Even with a 2-monitor setup and 4-tabling, I think having stats there on screen makes it easier to get the info you need quickly, without searching for it. You might want to downplay the time it takes to look up someone's stats, but I think you'd be wrong. I never get 'distracted' trying to look up stats, which means I can focus all of my mental energy on the hand in play. A few seconds here and there really make a difference when I've got to make a new decision every 5-10 seconds.

ajmargarine
12-15-2005, 12:58 AM
Which is the one that shows you immediately villians hands after they fold??

EMcWilliams
12-15-2005, 12:59 AM
I find PAHUD interface is not as obnixous as Gametimes.

Isura
12-15-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerace.

Cosimo
12-15-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is a great feature, and really helps with reads.

12-15-2005, 01:56 AM
I have both PAHUD and GT+ but I have been having a problem w. PAHUD as it doesn't always get everybody's stats. Some people, yes, others, no. Maybe because it takes a few hands for stats to come up. Maybe I don'thave latest version. In fact, I'm going to update now and I'll get back to you guys/

Anyone else have this problem? thx

beavens
12-15-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have both PAHUD and GT+ but I have been having a problem w. PAHUD as it doesn't always get everybody's stats. Some people, yes, others, no. Maybe because it takes a few hands for stats to come up. Maybe I don'thave latest version. In fact, I'm going to update now and I'll get back to you guys/

Anyone else have this problem? thx

[/ QUOTE ]

default i believe is (10 or)20 hands on a person before stats appear.

PinkSteel
12-15-2005, 11:36 AM
I used GT+ for quite a while because it was free, and it's a huge leap from nothing at all. But I bought PA HUD a few weeks ago, and now that I've configured it the way I like it, it's the best. And the cost is peanuts compare to the benefits.

In going from GT+ to PA HUD, these were my significant items:

* PA HUD's default fonts and screen placement of values were piss poor, and for a while I stuck with GT+. But once I started to monkey with fonts and placement, and managed to get data to be easily visible and not obstructive, I found it easier to change over. And once customization is done, it's done.

* GT+ had one feature I wish PA HUD had, which is changeable opacity for the figures it puts up. I like the translucence from GT+. But not a biggie.

* PA HUD will show you opponent mucked showdown hands. HUGE plus. As another poster mentioned, helps with reads tremendously.

* PA HUD autodetects all tables up and automatically puts up values. A real convenience.

* PA HUD's window, where it shows you all the tables it sees, cannot show you your win/loss at each table for that session. But you CAN put it onscreen on the table itself. Once I found a good place to post this, along with my own session VP$IP/pfr/agg/#hands figures, I was completely comfortable with using it exclusively.

4_2_it
12-15-2005, 01:01 PM
PA HUD and it's not close.