PDA

View Full Version : Take the money

pufferfish
07-19-2003, 02:20 AM
You know what, I’m a “rec” player and I like a happy table. I tried to stand up for a “fish” tonight and got reamed for it. Including the fish that went on an unbelievable run, he didn’t want to listen, and then left. Well, guess he wasn’t so bad a fool that he didn’t know when to leave.

I broke even at that site, this isn’t sour grapes. Went to another site and took it out there. No more nice from me, not gonna happen.

This is “war” plain and simple. Too bad it took me soooo long to realize.

I am still mad, try to help someone and they spit in your face.

OK, darn I’m mad!!!

I am so mad,

TC,
pf

HeartsKing
07-19-2003, 03:23 AM
I like a happy table too. I try to keep people civil and to crack a few joke when appropriate.

Some times you try to be nice and people just go off; I just feel pity for them and let it go.

If you can keep the table happy it'll help your bottom line, in general. And even when you're on a bad run you'll at least enjoy the game while dumping a few chips. Just try to ignore the jerks.

FishyWhale
07-19-2003, 04:16 AM
Never try to educate your opponents

pufferfish
07-19-2003, 01:03 PM
Thanks HeartsKing,

You’re right; I see that now that I’ve cooled off. But, I’ll think twice before I try to defend someone again.

I also realized that I’ve been “unconsciously” soft-playing at times, just to keep the peace I guess. That definitely has to stop.

TC,
pf

pufferfish
07-19-2003, 01:10 PM
Never try to educate your opponents

I wasn’t trying to educate him. He was being made a fool of and I tried to stop it. His play was atrocious and that may be why he became a target. None of the comments, including mine, had anything to do with how he played his cards.

TC,
pf

Louie Landale
07-19-2003, 07:12 PM
[1] send a private message to the loud-mouth suggesting he shouldn't run off the live guy. [2] Bring the conversations to the attention of the management.

- Louie